As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Voyage of the 3rd [Phalla] - Game Called - Mafia Victory impossible at the present time.

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Sign the fuck up looks fun

steam_sig.png
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    signing up as a space zombie

PSN SeGaTai
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    People gonna die

In Spaaaaaaaaaaaace

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012

So, what kind of people could we meet on this terrifying voyage of the damned?

Lady Belmont:

Young heir of the Belmont family, she accompanies the 3rd Fleet alongside her trusted bodyguard to ensure that the Belmont family has a direct eye on the mission. They say this is her first duty off world, and her ability to lead may be sorely tested in the coming trials.

The Navy:

Loyal to the Belmont family, the personal of the Third Fleet are used to looking at the enemy from inside an armoured starship. They may need some help if the fight is brought on board.

The Officers of the Union:

Various leaders of men who serve in the armed wings on the Union, their ability to direct and organise under fire may serve as a rallying point against a terrible, uncomprimising foe.

The Union Guard:

All are mandated to give up at least 3 years of their life for military service for the Union, but realistically the guard is never called upon for combat unless a great war breaks out. Instead, they go through their training, serve their time lending a hand on some official duty and attempt to hold the peace. They are not prepared to fight the terrors of the dark, and may value their own lives over the success of the mission.

Infantry/Marines:

The backbone of the Union military. Professional soldiers, but little more, they'll hold the line against the Unions many enemies.

Troopers:

First into a fight, troopers are equipped and trained to be the first of the Union, smashing a hole in enemy lines for the regular military to then exploit. Hot blooded and experienced, you'll want a trooper by your side if you find yourself cut off and out gunned away from friendly lines.

Technical:

Things break. A lot. Technical exists to put it back together (and in some cases, improve it!)

Medical:

When the stuffing hits the fan, you'll be glad to have a doctor about.

Federation Sympathisers:

The Belmont family's holdings sit on the border between the Union and the Trade Federation. It is not impossible for there to be a number of Federation Sympathisers in the fleet, who are likely to use any chaos to further their own villainous ends.

The Infected:

Don't get bitten.

Gumpy on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yellow is a blindingly unpleasant color.

Try goldenrod instead! :D

(Thanks to Blarney, I bookmarked his color cheat sheet

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    SPECTRUM:

"Hey Admiral, I heard SPECTRUM had assigned a team to support this mission."
    "They have, but if they fire that bloody cannon while on board one of my ships then the infinate horrors of deep space will be nothing compared to what I will do to them."

Gumpy I love you.

OrokosPA.png
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Oh man, Spectrum's making a comeback?

This is going to be amazing.

They never left

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Oh man, I hope I get a gun!

Don't get excited, Retaba.

You're Spectrum Pink.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    What is Spectrum? Heh.

A group of roles that occasionally appears in some games. One of the few (only?) "recurring" roles. Honestly, I don't know/remember much about them, never was one. I believe they had some epic moments? I'm sure Infy or someone else will fill you in.

Steam profile
    Yep, Infidel knows the full story. Quite a few of us (myself included) weren't around back then, but Infidel's been doing this since before the beginning of time (which I guess is just before the end of time? Is that how time works? Who knows!)

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Haven't they horribly failed in some way each time?

You're Spectrum Pink.

No I'm not! I have proof too! Follow me into this dark room with no witnesses.

@Infidel, share! I don't remember who else was ever a big part of it

Steam profile
    Retaba wrote: »

You're Spectrum Pink.

Why? You don't want people to see your pink uniform?

Retaba wrote: »

You're Spectrum Pink.

Why? You don't want people to see your pink uniform?

Oh it is not that, I just want to show you this gun I found.

Phyphor wrote: »
    Haven't they horribly failed in some way each time?

Spectrum Five dates back to 2007.

Original five was myself, B:L, Zot, TehSpectre, and Psychocucumber.

Each time there is one mafia (20% works out 100% of the time!), I was the mafia the first game. Spectrum did fine that game, despite the ZOT BETRAYAL.

I would say changing the rules mid-game to create their own real faction and then winning the game alongside the mafia as a success. :rotate:

People keep trying to pick on the SPECTRUM after that, but it usually blows up in THEIR faces.

The SPECTRUM game where everyone was vying to be the new Spectrums, again I was a prominent leader in that and we did amazingly well. @Alegis and I have a 140kb chatlog, on top of our several proboards and shit. We were made into our own faction, the two of us, by @Gumpy because we learned too much due to mafia reveals. :P That game we had two separate proboards on the Spectrum Moonbase, since we had the pregame 5 and then I ended up making one for the in-game appointed 5 after Gumpy requested we do so.

CANNONS AFIRING

The latest Spectrum appearance was in @MrBlarney game Elementalist, where we absolutely routed the mafia.

OrokosPA.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Bad Gumpy!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Oh yeah, that Spectrum main. That was the one where I screwed up colossally by revealing myself for no reason.

That may not have been the height of my phalla career.

Gotta like a player named Psychocucumber!

Oh yeah, that Spectrum main. That was the one where I screwed up colossally by revealing myself for no reason.

That may not have been the height of my phalla career.

That game was something special alright.

OrokosPA.png
    Heavy hitters in this game - Infy, MrB...
    Uh oh!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    So wait, is spectrum a group where they have extra-alliances that supercedes other win conditions?

Like, if there is a mafia member of spectrum, he will acatually have his win condition be spectrum's, rather than the mafia's?

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Nah, he'll just pregame alliance reveal, and then be killed last

steam_sig.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I am confused. Is it an official role or a rend deal thing

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Shhhhhhh Langly

Shhhhhhhh

It will all be fine.

Embrace the SPECTRUM

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Oh wait, Langly doesn't know how the SPECTRUM / Infidel pregame works?

GLORIOUS.

OrokosPA.png
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    !Signup

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Langly, don't care about this SPECTRUM thing. We have the facebook alliance. We got this.

XStly.jpg
    My ID doesn't have 7 7's, Gump!!
    That would just be arrogant.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Cruising on over from D&D to try another Phalla - please be gentle, this is only my second large game!

!Sign up

Langly wrote: »
    I am confused. Is it an official role or a rend deal thing

Ever since their original creation, SPECTRUM have reappeared as a 5 man Mason group within other games who attempt to achieve another objective

Unless they get an entire main dedicated to them, in which case things go horribly right

I threw the reference to them into the cast list as a joke. At least, I think it was a joke?

Let me check my spreadsheet

spool32 wrote: »
    Cruising on over from D&D to try another Phalla - please be gentle, this is only my second large game!

!Sign up

Muahahaha! Come spool, let's talk

Steam profile
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »

!Sign up

Muahahaha! Come spool, let's talk

:shock:

spool! Look out!

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Remember, just vote kime to solve all your problems!