As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the fresh new Steam thread for a fresh new Steam sale

TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEONRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Games and Technology
Steam Greenlight coming soon(ish)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw

steamflowchart.png
fzsT8.pngSTEλM SUMMER SλLE FλQtErbf.png

How do I know what to buy?
Check the flowchart.

Are there any crazy achievement things like last time?
Not really. You can check your Steam Profile to see your new Steam Badges, including one for the Summer Sale, but none of it is linked to free games or anything like that.

What's up with this voting stuff?
It looks like more or less each day, everyone gets to vote for what game is going to go on sale that day. We're not sure about the timeline yet. You get a choice of three games.

Are the Publisher Packs going to drop in price?
Probably not. They're basically all $50 and there are some great deals there.

What is this "daily" everyone is talking about?
A daily deal is one that is one sale that day for a special price (listed as "Today's Deal" on Steam's front page, generally). These are as low as any game is likely going to drop during the sale, so if you see something you want that's part of the daily sale, grab it, like the flowchart says.

What about Flash Sales? What are those?
These are sales that last for about 10 hours. They're super cheap and basically they're like short dailies, so if you see anything you want as a flash sale, DEFINITELY grab it.

Steam is super broken and it won't let me buy anything!
Yeah, Steam is like the videogame store equivalent of the Pope showing up in town. Stuff gets pretty... overwhelmed.

Adult Swim + Valve
DNfgD.png

vmtdB.gif

nomouth.png

NYkZ8.png
fzsT8.pngtErbf.png
XsRkA.jpg

steamlogom.png
facebook.gif twitter.gif

fzsT8.pngCoping with Steam: Artistic Commentary on Our Shared AfflictiontErbf.png
n6r4F.jpg

tMRzb.jpg

xHlDY.jpg

JG9rG.jpg

indiegala.jpg

steamthemall.jpg

steamdiscs.jpg

paydaycomic.jpg

steamgifting.jpg

neverfinish.jpg

coupons.jpg

P9CBk.jpg

fpota.jpg

steamprayer.jpg

trainsj.jpg

contestvd.jpg

fzsT8.pngMost Frequently Asked QuestionstErbf.png

1. Steam's search tool is cumbersome and not very informative. Is there a website, other than Steam's, I can go to find out what's on sale?
2. Can I register this copy of (Insert Game Here) on Steam?
Here's a list of games you can register on Steam. You can always add a non-Steam game to your Steam games list, so that people can see you playing it. You can also use this to add your own shortcuts with fake names to your Steam games list to make it look like you're playing Episode 3. Hilarious, right?

3. If I buy a game pack that already includes a game I own, can I gift that game?
Not usually. You're welcome to ask in this thread, although if you Google it it'll probably be answered even faster. Valve games are typically the only packs that let you do this, and even then it sometimes doesn't work.

4. Why isn't {Insert Game Here} available in my horrible little corner of the earth?
Many Steam games might be unavailable in your country if you have the temerity to live outside of the United States. This is not Steam's fault. Regional game availability is determined solely by the publisher, who should be the source of your ire. Gifting works regardless of region so you might find some helpful person in North America who can gift you the game. This very thread is a great place to ask!

5. How do I get an invite to the Penny Arcade Steam group?
The most convenient way is to just post a link to your Steam profile page (getting one of the swank signatures described below makes it easy) and ask for an invite. Just as a word of advice, we tend to prefer that you be a regular contributor to get an invite to the group. The rule of thumb is 6 months of activity on the forums. We are well known for our generosity, and like to make sure any new additions are here for the good of the community, and not to leech during sales. That said, we're a friendly group, so make yourself at home and start posting and you'll be there in no time!

fzsT8.pngSome Words on GiftingtErbf.png

If you receive a game or pack via a gift or a contest, remember to thank that person either through a PM or by announcing it in the thread. This is not optional. We are classy gentlemen and will act as such.

Steam's new gifting features allow you to store up games in your gift bank when you purchase them, instead of having to email yourself the gift link. It'll be an option during checkout.

A few things to remember as a giftee:
1. Make it possible to track you from PA Forums to Steam. A link directly to your steam ID is usually the most convenient. Remember, your Steam ID is different than your steam name. If you just include text to your steam name, we have to search and scroll through 5 pages to find you (and we may not find you if you're not using the same name/avatar combo!).

2. Make it possible to track you from Steam to PA Forums. Best bet is using similar avatar/name. Understandably, some people don't want to do that. In that case, you should have "I'm ______ on Penny Arcade Forums!" in your profile blurb.

Generally speaking, if you're selected for a gift from a stranger on here it will be, usually, one of two ways:

You will either post in the thread (so they will go to your profile to friend you and then to the store to send a gift.
—or—
Someone will want to gift a certain game and go to the store page where you can see everyone who has it on their wishlist.

Also, remember that a gifter can see when you added a game to your wishlist. If you add it on the day of the sale, you might have a smaller chance of being gifted it than someone who has been interested in it since release. Gifters should also make sure they are identifiable from Steam to PA Forums. Some people are shy and are too nervous to message a gifter and say "hey thanks, I have no idea who you are on forums!"

fzsT8.pngAn Important Word on ConteststErbf.png

If you decide to run or participate in a giveaway contest for gift copies of games, please remember that all entry submissions must now be made via PM. The forum mods have stated that pages of the thread being filled with pictures, videos, etc. submitted as contest entries will lead to such contests being banned. So please, for the sake of the thread – take it to PMs.

fzsT8.pngHelpful StufftErbf.png

Steam Mover
Does your Steam library have 800 games? Do you wish you could move some of those games to different hard drives instead of deleting them entirely and then downloading them again when you want to play them? Steam Mover is here for you.

Steam Price Guide
Do you have the misfortune to live somewhere other than America? Steam hates you! Luckily, this cool website with prices for Steam games all around the world is here to help, so you can know if you want to ask an American friend to buy the game for you or not. Hint: you probably do.

Aussies
You need this program.

It reconfigures your Windows IPSEC settings (run it as an admin) to block out all but the servers which don't count towards your download quota on Steam. Now supports a bunch of ISPs through a graphical interface.

Basically guarantees you won't add to your download quota with Steam.

Also: Download TCPview: TCPView

Then, use TCPview to close all Steam TCP servers (this is important, NOT the UDP ones, just the TCP ones). Steam will then reconnect to a different server, which will hopefully get you a better speed. If you don't go faster in a couple of seconds, retry until you get a speed you like.

I've also been told you Aussies might want to try Angus Wolfcastle's SteamManager. Setting it up is easy is you follow the instructions here. If you find you're still being charged for your steam downloads, try changing the setting like in this link here.

fzsT8.pngCool Community Add-OnstErbf.png

Steam Signatures
With such a cool service, someone must have done some extra things to build on it. The forums have one such man, who made some super cool Steam signatures. Suds is his name and killing is his game. Except for the killing. The signatures automatically use backgrounds for the games and the correct icon. Pretty neat, and they're 100% free!

Sample signature:
steam_sig.png

Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner is a handy little tool to remove all those .NET installers and DirectX installers and so on that every Steam game downloads because it's apparently 1927 in computer years and nobody has figured out how to let you install a Steam game without going through a 12 step process to reinstall a bunch of stuff you installed yesterday when you played another Steam game.

Steam Calculator
You can also use a script on his Steam Calculator page to see how much your Steam account would be worth if you had taken advantage of some obscure, arcane combination of special deals that nobody could ever have taken advantage of. Or something sort of like that.

Steam Roulette
Having trouble picking a game out of your burgeoning [strike]backlog[/strike] gamebank to play? Let VicWhiten's Steam Roulette decide! Just type in your Steam community ID (easier if you set up a custom URL on your Steam profile page), and Steam Roulette will read your library and randomly pick one game every time you hit "Spin the Wheel!" It even connects to Steam to allow you to install or start the game with a single click.

fzsT8.pngWhat's All This About "Serving the Newell?"tErbf.png
It started with this comic:
steamregulator.jpg
And now it is our unofficial official motto.

Oh, and remember:
RPSCB.jpg

//@HiT BiT made the crab because he is our God-King

TychoCelchuuu on

• MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @Viking is a crazy classy dude, gettin the band back together with Ghost Recon Future Soldier, You are on my list sir!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Today I bought something on Steam and it wasn't even on sale. Then again, with Civ5: Gods & Kings just having come out I'd expect it to be discounted by 25% at the most in the summer sale and maybe not at all.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I was just about to post in the last one and it closed as I was going for the button.

I was gonna say though... After a few games of Dota last night where, much to the dismay of the geese on my teams who just wanted to give up and feed, I helped lead teams that weren't doing too well to victory, I had partied up with some of the people I was playing with and it went a lot better. The other teams still yelled at us a lot, but we were winning and more importantly having fun, so it worked out well.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Today I bought something on Steam and it wasn't even on sale. Then again, with Civ5: Gods & Kings just having come out I'd expect it to be discounted by 25% at the most in the summer sale and maybe not at all.

Couldn't you have bought it at Greenmangaming for 35 percent off?

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Yeah, probably gonna pick Gods and Kings up today... 35 percent off, not gonna get much cheaper anytime soon.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-gods-kings/

Are you the magic man?
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

Couldn't you have bought it at Greenmangaming for 35 percent off?

...I didn't know about that...

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mmmm, new thread. The perfect time to rejoin.

Well, until we're blowing through 2 threads a day in raw classiness.

That gets difficult to keep up with.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Guys. GUYS. Weep for me.

I'm in the middle of moving to a new house. Everything is still in boxes, etc. Accordingly, I have no intarwebs at home. Moreover, starting tomorrow, we're taking our annual vacation to MiddleOfNowhere, Missouri (one of potentially two times a year we see my parents...a big deal to me, an even bigger deal to my kids and parents). I have no iPhone, and even if I did, reception out there is "spotty" at best.

I am completely out of Steam until ~7/8/12.

Don't tell the Newell. Please. I fear what fate would befall me if he learned that I will likely miss The Sale.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Eh at this rate the sale might not even start until then or after then so maybe don't worry.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    We also have this lovely steam PA group chat which everyone should join. Especially with the summer sale coming up in a few weeks.

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791429521528

Isorn on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Amazon guy on CAG has said if you bought the Paradox Pack in May, you'll be getting Steam keys for SWOTS/ Victoria 2 shortly. Did this to compensate because the pack is going back on sale shortly with Steam keys for all its' games and last time those didn't. Said they'll likely be sent through email.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    ... stupid question, but is there a way to make yourself auto-join a chat when you log in?

Because if I could set up myself to auto-join, I'd do it, but I always, always forget to log into any of the PA chats of my own accord.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Stupid Steamgifts, how dare you ruin my fun with your limits.

The following games are now available for entry via PM. They end the same time as my steamgifts at 7:00pm Mountainish on the 1st. Be an active member of the PA forums, can't own it already..blah blah you know the drill. You can enter for multiple.

Ys Origin
    Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
    Penny Arcade On The Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode 3

That is all.

Super classy giveaway needs to be in the new thread. Entered for Batman!

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Eh at this rate the sale might not even start until then or after then so maybe don't worry.

It's starting Monday. Not sure why people have ever thought otherwise. July 4th is only two days later, and the sales always coincide with major US holidays.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    ... stupid question, but is there a way to make yourself auto-join a chat when you log in?

Because if I could set up myself to auto-join, I'd do it, but I always, always forget to log into any of the PA chats of my own accord.

I think this works. Found it on another forum. I personally just bookmarked the chat link.

"Auto Join Chat

-Make a shortcut of Steam.exe
    -Put this in the target:
    "c:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" steam://friends/joinchat/103582791429521528
    -click the shortcut

And if you want to auto join on Windows startup:
    -Put the shortcut in your Windows Startup folder (it's on the start menu)
    -Uncheck 'run steam when windows starts' in Setttings>interface"

• TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    Guys. GUYS. Weep for me.

I'm in the middle of moving to a new house. Everything is still in boxes, etc. Accordingly, I have no intarwebs at home. Moreover, starting tomorrow, we're taking our annual vacation to MiddleOfNowhere, Missouri (one of potentially two times a year we see my parents...a big deal to me, an even bigger deal to my kids and parents). I have no iPhone, and even if I did, reception out there is "spotty" at best.

I am completely out of Steam until ~7/8/12.

Don't tell the Newell. Please. I fear what fate would befall me if he learned that I will likely miss The Sale.

Make sure your wishlist is updated before you leave. No one misses the sale.

Oh and here's Amazon's summer sale stuff so far (not up yet, but you can plan your buys)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580&page=240

Lot of good Steamable deals in there.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Oh and here's Amazon's summer sale stuff so far (not up yet, but you can plan your buys)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580&page=240

Lot of good Steamable deals in there.

Try this instead:
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9741800&postcount=4800

Alternatively here it is spoilered in text form:
    Here's the lineup:

1. Max Payne 3 - $29.99 (50% off) – This is the Steam version. 50% runs 7/1-7/4 (end of day 7/4) and will then be 33% off through 7/14
    2. Spec Ops: The Line - $24.99 (50% off) – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
    3. Syndicate - $14.99 – Origin activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
    4. Bioshock Dual Pack (Bioshock 1 + 2) – $7.49 Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
    5. X-Com Complete Pack – $2.99 - Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
    6. The Darkness II - $12.49 – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
    7. Rockstar Classics Pack - $14.99 – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
    8. Crusader Kings II - $9.99 – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14
    9.Plethora of Paradox Games - $19.99 containing (all Steam activateable) runs 7/1-7/7 still building page:

a. Crusader Kings II [Download]
    b. Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
    c. Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
    d. Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
    e. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
    f. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
    g. Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
    h. Magicka Collection [Download]
    i. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
    j. Majesty Gold [Online Game Code]
    k. Majesty 2 Collection
    l. Victoria II [Online Game Code]
    m.Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]

10. Plentiful Paradox Package - $12.49 (all are Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/7 contains:

a. Crusader Kings II [Download]
    b. Magicka Collection [Download]
    c. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
    d. Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection
    e. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter [Download]
    f. Victoria II [Online Game Code]

11.Pint Sized Paradox bundle $7.49 (all steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/7:

a. Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
    b. Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
    c. Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
    d. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
    e. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
    f. Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
    g. Majesty Gold [Online Game Code]
    h. Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]
    i. Majesty 2 Collection

12.Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - $7.49 (Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/14
    13.Duke Nukem Complete Pack $7.99 (Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/14:

a.The base game - Duke Nukem Forever
    b.The DLC Pack - Duke Nukem Forever Hail to the Icons Parody Pack DLC
    c.And the DLC Pack - The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC Pack

14. 2K Strategy Pack - $19.99 – runs 7/1-7/14

a. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition
    b.Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    c.The Stronghold Collection [Download]

15.2K Shooter Pack - $19.99 – runs 7/1-7/14

a.BioShock 2 [Download]
    b.BioShock [Download]
    c.Borderlands Game of the Year Edition [Download]
    d.Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack [Download]

16.2K Mega Pack - $39.99 – runs 7/1-7/14

a.BioShock 2 [Download]
    b.BioShock [Download]
    c.Borderlands Game of the Year Edition [Download]
    d.CivCity: Rome [Download]
    e.Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack [Download]
    f.Mafia II [Download]
    g.Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition [Download]
    h.Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition [Download]
    i. The Stronghold Collection [Download]

17.Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $29.99 (50% off Steam activate-able) – runs 7/1-7/14

I think Spec Ops and MP3 are probably the slickest of deals right now but there are some other killer ones in there as well. We'll also roll out deals from other publishers (hopefully!) throughout the month of July.

Cheers,
    Tony

iRevert on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Between pages 1 - 99 of this thread, much class will be celebrated, and we'll have a sale to revel in. Just wait!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    Amazon sale as the unofficial kickoff to the Steam sale? I will take it.

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2012
    Oh man Hero Academy is coming to PC, and Steam. Squeeeee. With a TF2 team.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/29/hero-academy-opening-on-steam-august-8th/#more-114104

Corpekata on
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I'm guessing that the Amazon sale is U.S. only once again? If so, I'll be waiting for the actual Steam sale.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Excellent thread title. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ok, time to collect all of this stuff in one post.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

PM giveaways are as follows.

Ys Origin
    Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
    Penny Arcade's On On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode 3

New Editions...(Feel free to update your PM conversation)

SpaceChem
    Avernum Bundle
    Krater

Enter for whatever you want, screw being guilty. Must be an active member of the PA forums. Must not already own the game. Must eat pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. (Pics of pancake eating via PM welcome)

Gear Girl on
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Today's deal is actually pretty good if you're a fan of the genre, I'd be buying my wife the pack if she didn't have them all already. :)

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Hey, does anyone here not have The Ship, and need it to complete their life's purpose?

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • ThemadcowThemadcow Registered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the Amazon sale is U.S. only once again? If so, I'll be waiting for the actual Steam sale.

Or you could just use your *ahem* American beach-house address...

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Someone gonna post that protocol diagram of the steam summer sale?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    oh wow, @testsubject23 ninja gifted me analogue sometime between yesterday afternoon and now. It is much appreciated.

Damn it, a window just popped up with @Blackbird SR-71C just happening to hear about my troubles and I assume his logic was to send a Speace mehreeeeen electrician my way.

Which brings me to my next point, me complaining about things doesn't necessarily mean I need video games given to me. Although a fridge would be nice. I think I'm gonna grill a lot of food in that fridge today, grillable or not.

initiatefailure on
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Ok, time to collect all of this stuff in one post.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

PM giveaways are as follows.

Ys Origin
    Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
    Penny Arcade's On On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode 3

New Editions...(Feel free to update your PM conversation)

SpaceChem
    Avernum Bundle
    Krater

Enter for whatever you want, screw being guilty. Must be an active member of the PA forums. Must not already own the game. Must eat pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. (Pics of pancake eating via PM welcome)

WOW!

that is amazing

rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »

It's starting Monday. Not sure why people have ever thought otherwise. July 4th is only two days later, and the sales always coincide with major US holidays.

Because the summer sale has started the last Thursday in June the past 2 years.

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Themadcow wrote: »
    Rhan9 wrote: »

Or you could just use your *ahem* American beach-house address...

The last time I tried that I got an annoyed email from Amazon US asking me please not to take the piss. They did not like my non-US card - or rather, the non-US card billing address. That said, other people said it worked for them, so your mileage may vary.

That said, having some Amazon credit in my back pocket, I am now eyeing that Plentiful Paradox package, and hoping it will let me spend my money on it. That larger bundle, with the CK II DLC looks interesting, but includes Warlock, which I know nothing about, and doesn't include SoTS 2, which I hear is now somewhat better than before...anyone know anything about either?

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You could always buy the 2 paradox packs separately, and get all the games

steam_sig.png
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Is Gotham City Impostors still active at all?

• ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Saw this somewhere: The Eternal War - Civilization V

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    so I have finally upgraded my antique computer to something more suitable to playing modern games. Does anyone here think Civ V is going to go on sale anytime this summer? Or Arma 2 to get my Day Z on?

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know why when I try to boot up Dawn of War 2 it keeps putting up Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising? I'm trying to play the vanilla game campaign first to like figure out what the hell I'm doing.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    Disco11 wrote: »
    so I have finally upgraded my antique computer to something more suitable to playing modern games. Does anyone here think Civ V is going to go on sale anytime this summer?

It definitely will. 2k games always has sales.

(on a side note, for some reason, lately, instead of clicking the quote button I click the report button. don't know what's happening to me.)

Are you the magic man?
    edited June 2012
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why when I try to boot up Dawn of War 2 it keeps putting up Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising? I'm trying to play the vanilla game campaign first to like figure out what the hell I'm doing.

It's the same frontend. You can select the original campaign from the menu.

(meant to edit my previous post, I am dumb)

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »

Because both previous summer sales started on the last Thursday of June?

s7Imn5J.png
This discussion has been closed.