As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyward: Mastersword Details Disclosed: KILL ALL DEMONS

1789101113»

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    how frustrating is the run for what I am assuming will be the hylian shield?

pretty hard

i ended up not bothering with it because really, if you're good with the parrying system you're not going to get your shield broken anyway

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I still can't get over the fact that this whole time I saw ocarina -> majora's mask -> wind waker as an explicitly connected trilogy

and nobody else did

I thought this was how it was supposed to be

edit: wait, that's the official timeline? :?

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    how frustrating is the run for what I am assuming will be the hylian shield?

pretty hard

i ended up not bothering with it because really, if you're good with the parrying system you're not going to get your shield broken anyway

hrrmrmrmrmrrrrmmmm

I've nothing but resources, I might try it and see if potioning it up helps

I have the doubleplusgood shield potion because fuck making this goddess shield again but I've never really played around with infusing

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I still can't get over the fact that this whole time I saw ocarina -> majora's mask -> wind waker as an explicitly connected trilogy

and nobody else did

I thought this was how it was supposed to be

edit: wait, that's the official timeline? :?

turns out there's three forks

which I'm not sure anyone saw that coming

I did naturally connect those three games though, mainly because for a while they were the only 3D Zelda games I had played

EDIT: Speed and his diagrams

Seriously on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    With the Goddess Shield and the mega-cool shield potion I didn't really need the Hylian Shield either but I wound up struggling through that fucking boss run just for, well, because I thought it was fitting

If I'm rocking the Master Sword then I'm rolling the Hylian shield and that's just how it is

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    With the Goddess Shield and the mega-cool shield potion I didn't really need the Hylian Shield either but I wound up struggling through that fucking boss run just for, well, because I thought it was fitting

If I'm rocking the Master Sword then I'm rolling the Hylian shield and that's just how it is

This pretty much.

Though I had to use that potion trick to do the run in Hero Mode.

• AshdrakeAshdrake Registered User regular
    For anyone that was waiting on a price drop to buy this, Kmart is selling it for 20 dollars today and tomorrow. Make sure to bring in your ad, I had to show it to lady.

I hunt monsters because I need weapons. I need weapons because I hunt monsters.
    Good luck living in a place where there are still Kmarts

• AshdrakeAshdrake Registered User regular
    I was lucky enough :). I have been wanting to get it, just has been a rather large amount of great games since it came out. I could not resist 30 dollars off.

I hunt monsters because I need weapons. I need weapons because I hunt monsters.
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I still need to finish the game. This encapsulates the control experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4DeHTo6hUI

I like how these videos point out the obnoxiousness of the everyday world.

Krathoon on
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    I need to start this game... eventually, same case with xenoblade chronicles (I actually did start the latter although barely). Also that official timeline diagram, while interesting, to me points out how silly it is to try and lasso them all together in a "single" narrative. It just makes more sense to treat each one as its own world/era/whatever unless another game is explicitly a direct sequel. It reminds me of IGA trying to set every castlevania game into a figurative narrative stone (while "retconning" some in the process) although with that series they at least have arbitrary dates to work with.

• DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    So my gf had a Wii and I wanted to play this, so I grab it and after 3mins of b.s. motion plus video, I realize Motion Plus is required. Crap. So its $10 on Amazon, I'll grab it. But another question is, do I need a nunchuck as well? I'm not sure if she has one.

Nunchuck is necessary as it's used to block

And also, you know, move

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Shouldn't have read this page till I beat it oh well! Figured I get those items eventually.

This game is so fucking good though I just finished the third trial and the dungeon before that was amazing.

So glad my friend lent me this.

icGJy2C.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    wanted to finish this up, but the hdmi passthrough on my reciever died so I had to order component cables frrrrt

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    Shouldn't have read this page till I beat it oh well! Figured I get those items eventually.

This game is so fucking good though I just finished the third trial and the dungeon before that was amazing.

So glad my friend lent me this.

I just started this last night. Still need to get used to the controls, I'm only like 0.5hrs into it. I'm not impressed with Motion Plus so far. Not sure why this game requires it yet, I'm still just waggling the remote to attack like I do with every other Wii game. Does the 1:1 ever become needed or will I just be waggling the whole time?

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    yeah you are definitely going to need precision strikes once you get past the first .05hrs of the game

the first boss will teach you that quick

PNk1Ml4.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I really loved the way the sword combat worked using the Motion Plus. It helped a bit that my parents always want to play Wii Sports Resort so I've done the swordfighting in that game like a billion times, and it was pretty similar.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I was pleasently surprised with the wii motion plus controls.

They just feel so right for this zelda game.

That and the bow puts a stupid smile on my face whenever I nail a keese from a ways away.

icGJy2C.png
    Aight, sounds good! I'll keep going and get past the waggle is good enough stage!

The entire control scheme was justified by me being able to actually pull back the nunchuk like I was drawing a bow

yeah i got problems with this game but the controls are perfect

like it is the one game that makes full, good use of motion controls

the only thing I wish is that there were more places where you needed to put english on your bombs as you rolled them

• TayaTaya Registered User regular

the only thing I wish is that there were more places where you needed to put english on your bombs as you rolled them

Wait can you actually spin the bombs?

Taya wrote: »

Wait can you actually spin the bombs?

yeah if you twist your wrist as you roll it it'll have spin on it

Wait fuck I didn't even know that

@Campion when did you change the thread title

it's messing with my heeeeeeeeeaaaaad

• CampionCampion Registered User regular
    I change it whenever the Skyrim thread changes its title.

4484-7718-8470