As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rage of Bahamut] Manor of (Dis)illusions F2P CCG. Dragons. Cards. Boobies.

• Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Does the Angel Queen factor into skill enhances?

No. It does not affect skill enhances. The -ONLY- thing an Angel Queen is good for, other than trading, is giving exactly 3 levels to any card you enhance with it. Best used when you have an HR or higher card levelled up high with -more- than 3 levels left before max.

Again, these are good to trade, but tempting to use when it starts to take a ton of cards to get those last few levels.

There is another card (dark queen?) that gives help for skill enhances. I've only had a few.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I know angel queen also increases the chance of a perfect enhance.

What is this I don't even.
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    So anyone have an order I can join? I'd like to see what holy wars are about but the only orders I can seem to find want like 50k+ attack decks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Battle some dudes around your level and if they are in an order, just apply to it.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    I have. Either they reject me or I sit there with no response for days :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sonelan wrote: »
    So anyone have an order I can join? I'd like to see what holy wars are about but the only orders I can seem to find want like 50k+ attack decks.

I've asked my Order Leader to invite you if we have room in the Desert Dragons. (Not to be confused with the equally awesome, but slightly more silly, "Dessert Dragons".)

steam_sig.png
    Could you have him try again? I tried accepting but it made me remove the app i had to a different one then got rid of the invite.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nevermind I just realized I can do it off your profile durrrrrrrr

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alright, finally got a PAer in! Now for some fun when the Holy War starts...

steam_sig.png
  • MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    I quit playing this game. The PvE is insanely boring, and there is no gameplay to the PvP except raw stats. There is no real way to get cards except buying (which I have a little problem with) and the card pack prices are insane at around $3 a card (huge problem with this). Lost interest immediately after I saw what is up.

Mugaaz wrote: »
    I quit playing this game. The PvE is insanely boring, and there is no gameplay to the PvP except raw stats. There is no real way to get cards except buying (which I have a little problem with) and the card pack prices are insane at around $3 a card (huge problem with this). Lost interest immediately after I saw what is up.

True, except PvP is raw stats and a little luck. Oh, and you can get most any card by trading if you are patient and resourceful. But this is game for busy people with a few minutes on the bus or in-between other things. It fills a niche for me in-between playing Catherine and waiting for Spelunky. Sorry to hear it didn't work for ya!

steam_sig.png
    I have hit a kind of wall. I need better cards to either win attacks or defends now but I am having no luck getting them with card packs or the 20 bucks a paycheck I am willing to pump into the game. I don't even know what I should be going for since I have about 18 HP atm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I just got a Witch Commander and an Apsara. Do I want to wait till I manage to get ahold of more of them before I enhance them?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Zorak15 wrote: »
    Mugaaz wrote: »

True, except PvP is raw stats and a little luck. Oh, and you can get most any card by trading if you are patient and resourceful. But this is game for busy people with a few minutes on the bus or in-between other things. It fills a niche for me in-between playing Catherine and waiting for Spelunky. Sorry to hear it didn't work for ya!

I just feel kinda disappointed that they had spend so much effort on the art for the cards but the gameplay doesn't live up to its potential. I'm really digging the collecting portion for this game.

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So I just started, seems alright at first, but I'm still kinda lost. Ingame name is the same as here (Simpsonia). Should I just be running quests or attacking random people to start?

Simpsonia wrote: »
    So I just started, seems alright at first, but I'm still kinda lost. Ingame name is the same as here (Simpsonia). Should I just be running quests or attacking random people to start?

Fight all the things!

steam_sig.png
    Hey Zorak can you help me out? Are rhea and Vayu good cards to enhance and evolve? I also got an Apsara but it seems to be super expensive so not sure I will get another anytime soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Hey Zorak can you help me out? Are rhea and Vayu good cards to enhance and evolve? I also got an Apsara but it seems to be super expensive so not sure I will get another anytime soon.

Sure! Start here: https://sites.google.com/site/gamingank/home/rage-of-bahamut/card-build-stats
    I'm looking at it now to see what you're working with. This list basically shows you the potential for the cards in your faction.

Update: Rhea and Vayu are solid rare defense cards. If you can get 4 of them they should be good permanent additions. Make sure you max enhance them and evolve them.

What's and Apsara? o.O

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Look at my cards. Its a high rare tgat starts with 3.4k def and gives a big boost to god cards def. I got it in a legend pack but it sells for at least 45 HP from what I've seen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Look at my cards. Its a high rare tgat starts with 3.4k def and gives a big boost to god cards def. I got it in a legend pack but it sells for at least 45 HP from what I've seen.

I checked it out, looks like an excellent defense card with that God DEF to all skill. You have some great defense going now. You just need to get your stamina boosted so you can max enhance all that stuff.

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2012
    I have a free fellow slot.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    This just in:

Best place to farm for skill-up cards appears to be level 18-4. 10 stamina per attack and you can grab HN Shaman with skills. I'll add this to the OP.

steam_sig.png
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Just so I'm clear, when you say skill up, that's for enhancing rares and whatnot right? Also when should I start doing the 8x MAX-evolve thing that I've been reading about?

Edit: Also, where can I find my referral code, I've looked everywhere but I can't find it ingame, and google just floods me with other people's codes.

Simpsonia on
    I keep looking at the trading forum and I have no idea what cards I should be going for. I have 37 HP saved up but nothing I can buy with it atm seems like its worth it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    How the hell you ended up with 37HP?

Simpsonia wrote: »
    Just so I'm clear, when you say skill up, that's for enhancing rares and whatnot right? Also when should I start doing the 8x MAX-evolve thing that I've been reading about?

Edit: Also, where can I find my referral code, I've looked everywhere but I can't find it ingame, and google just floods me with other people's codes.

Skill up is improving the skill level of a card -it is not the same as enhancing or evolving. You won't want to bother with max evolving stuff until you have 4, 6 or 8 cards of the same type that are at least rare. Even then, sometimes there is no point in max enhancing all of the cards as it only means a few extra points of ATK/DEF. See the calculator on the first page.

To find your code, click on the "Refer a friend, get a ..." banner on the main page of the game.

steam_sig.png
    I keep looking at the trading forum and I have no idea what cards I should be going for. I have 37 HP saved up but nothing I can buy with it atm seems like its worth it.

37 HP should buy you a good HR and a half. Check the card list for your faction and set your sights on at least 4 HR, then max enhance them and evolve them. I'm currently working on getting 4 Master Samurai, as they combine for 17.5 or 18k damage.

steam_sig.png
    Here's my pro tip: Always look up the value of cards before you trade for them. I've nearly screwed up a couple times, and DID screw up when I paid about 10 HP for an Angel Bunny HR.

edited July 2012
    Should I focus on attack or def? Also should I sell the witch commander I got since pretty much all my cards are god cards?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Should I focus on attack or def? Also should I sell the witch commander I got since pretty much all my cards are god cards?

Holy war is upcoming. Focus on ATK cards if you can, we have a pretty good DEF leader in our order, and your DEF won't matter.

Yes, trade your witch commander for an equal God card or good HP. Focus on God cards because they get a boost for your faction, of course.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2012
    What would be an equal god card? That list you had me look at doesn't have everything it seems. I am also running out of money and area 4-5 doesn't seem to give much.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Two fellowship spots open for those interested. Outside of completing quest chains, battle ranking gems and trading is there any ways to get HP? Also, is the holy war starting up tomorrow or next week?

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    This key series is truly the 'fuck you' of treasures.

also, 2 more fellow spots open

username: casuallyhardcor

is a Reborn Valk Hild, a Paladin and 5 HP a good trade for a witch commander and nightmare?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Last time I looked, someone wanted like 30 some HP for a nightmare.

edited July 2012
    is a Reborn Valk Hild, a Paladin and 5 HP a good trade for a witch commander and nightmare?

Assuming the Reborn Hild isn't maxed, no, no it is not. A witch commander is one of the holy war booster cards and is really, really sought after. I will PM you, I know someone looking for witch commanders who will treat you fairly.

Also, as CH said, nightmare is one of the more sought after ones too.

But seriously, a Reborn Valk Hild that wasn't maxed is actually pretty much worthless.

Darkewolfe on
    What would be an equal god card? That list you had me look at doesn't have everything it seems. I am also running out of money and area 4-5 doesn't seem to give much.

Yo, rupies be scarce up in here. Those cards you collect in 4-5? Sell them or trade them.
    Honestly, I'm running low.

steam_sig.png
    I offered a max enhance lovely elf, two high elves and 100,000 rupies for it, but I see my trade got cancelled. Lemme know if you want to try to work a trade.

Sorry I canceled every trade when I did my post to see what trades I'd get Dark.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So, at AX I got a code for this game for 100,000 gold and a "super rare" card.

First person to PM me something amusing gets it. :)