As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Figure Drawin' Downunder 29/06

PC_loadletterPC_loadletter Registered User new member
edited June 2012 in Artist's Corner
I will be going to art school next spring and wondering if I could get some critique, tips and pointers from you. There's some amazing talent on this board and I would gladly give a limb to paint like Wakkawa for example.

I hope you enjoy these works and my homepage is at www.euphorientropy.org if anyone is interest
ed.

3uoJd.jpg
gh49g.jpg02h7c.jpghyEdV.jpgJU1QF.jpgqGPYq.jpgCMB8V.jpgs2Zbx.jpg8PjnY.jpgNnhsB.jpg

PC_loadletter on

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I bet Wakkawa gets a severed limb in his mail every other day, I totally understand how you feel.

Now this all look very nice, and I am no expert when it comes to... Im just no expert, my only beef with this ones, or what stands out the most, is the manga heads. I do not want to sound offensive, but your drawings have manga heads. It looks like you are using a refernce to draw the body, and all the basic proportions and it works great, but then you fill the face with a very stylized shapes, that remind me, (specially the eyes) to manga comics.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Yeah what's up with the manga eyes? Also, line-economy. Try drawing less lines on top of each other. See if you can make that one perfect line instead of hundreds of small nudgy things. Have some confidence in your ability to draw straight, making more lines won't really help.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Those images are huge, btw. I know the forum resizes things to fit your browser width now, but all that means is on a large display I can't even see the figure in one screen, which makes it really difficult to crit things like proportion. Try rescaling. For sketches and stuff you really never need to be bigger than 800px wide.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Those are way too big. You need to resize those bloody things.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    m3nace wrote: »
    Yeah what's up with the manga eyes? Also, line-economy. Try drawing less lines on top of each other. See if you can make that one perfect line instead of hundreds of small nudgy things. Have some confidence in your ability to draw straight, making more lines won't really help.

This is the exact thing i was going to say. make numerous light lines (try to get as much of one line in one stroke as you can) and make the line darker once you've gotten it right. To do this, you're pretty much drawing with your whole arm.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    I feel i can't really tell whats working and whats not, because i can't see the complete image on the screen! resize!!