As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Survivor: [Phalla]ppines - Reserves welcome!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Thanks, without getting to far into it, was an accidental overdose on her sleeping medicine.

We went through a battery of tests and what not, so just really tired. Everyone is fine. Thanks.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Day 5

Rysk had been killed for so much less. Eating one extra banana from the stash. I suppose he lied about it - that was the real sin. But eating 5 servings? And contributing nothing?

The tribe could not bear Figgy to live.

Jeff watched the two remaining tribemates enter the pavillion.

"Only once have we ever had a situation where a tribe was beaten so badly. Since there are two of you, there's no point in putting it to a vote. Richard can only vote for Assuran, and Assuran can only vote for Richard. What we're going to do is..."

"Actually. Let me stop you right there."

Richard (Anialos) whipped out an immunity idol.

"I believe this may change things."

Probst examined the necklace.

"This is indeed a hidden immunity idol. You can't vote for Richard. As a result, the only person that could be voted out is Assuran. I'm sorry, but it seems that one vote is enough. The tribe has spoken."

Assuran left the council, leaving Richard as the sole remaining member of Tom Hanks' Beard.

"So what are we going to do with you..."

Richard walked to tribe Wilson's camp. With him, he brought Probst, as well as a veritable feast for even the most lavish of parties. To the survivors, it was an unimaginable cornucopia.

"So here's what's going to happen. Tribe Tom Hanks' Beard has been defeated. Richard will join your tribe. Tonight, you will all come to tribal council where you will face your final immunity challenge."

At tribal, Jeff announced the challenge - a throwback. The survivors needed to make fire. After 38 days, this should have been a simple task, yet some people had failed to even once attempt to create a fire.

Of those that remained warban was the most practiced, and was able to complete the challenge first, securing individual immunity.

Meanwhile, someone had placed sleeping powder in The Dagon's kindling. The fumes caused him to pass out, leaving him to fall head first into the fire. He was quickly evacuated, but even in 2053, they could never fully restore function to his face.

Eliminated:
    Figgy
    Assuran
    The Dagon

Today, you must all vote in private for someone to be eliminated. Warban has individual immunity, and cannot be voted for. He can be voted for in the public vote. Today is the last opportunity to vote someone out of the game.

@warban , I miss you.

Energy and tasks are now a moot point, so I will not be sending out those PMs. If you really want to know your energy level you can ask me :P

• Options
    To be clear, you do not need to send in a daily task today.

• Options
    @Assuran has joined the jury.

Don't talk to anyone except other jury members about the game.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Are there thralls / millers / whatever you want to call someone who dies a different color than their faction?

No.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Today, you must all vote in private for someone to be eliminated. Warban has individual immunity, and cannot be voted for. He can be voted for in the public vote. Today is the last opportunity to vote someone out of the game.
    Will warban be removed due to inactivity if he doesn't participate today?

Warban will either die or be up for winning the game (he can't be put on the jury because of immunity). In either case, there's no need to find a replacement because I will require no action from him.

• Options
    So of the five people left:

Anialos
    jdarksun
    Bedlam warban
    Smoove Operator
    enlightenedbum

One will be eliminated publicly.
    One (not warban) will be eliminated privately.
    And one will be killed by the mafia.

Three of the final five are mafia. One is inactive. They control the vote.

GG.

If there were three remaining mafia, I would have called the game.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Anialos. Big mistake, bub. You could have been on the jury, instead you'll just feed the fish.

A villager saving himself when he's sure the other two are mafia that will vote him off? Don't see how that's a mistake. Oh well! Now who was it saying that there were mafia in THB and we should ignore Wilson...

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    So of the five people left:

Anialos
    jdarksun
    Bedlam warban
    Smoove Operator
    enlightenedbum

One will be eliminated publicly.
    One (not warban) will be eliminated privately.
    And one will be killed by the mafia.

Three of the final five are mafia. One is inactive. They control the vote.

GG.

Which is why I'd look VERY hard at who was pushing the "kill everyone in THB" theory.

• Options
    Right, so last night I ate 5 food, brought back .3025 to add to the cornucopia I'm offering Tribe Wilson, and searched for the Idol on top of all that out of desperation to have the only person I knew was village in THB survive. If you vote me out the mafia will get their kill and win.

• Options
    Quadruple post to get my vote in for jdarksun.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Sorry, @MrTLicious I have been super super bad/inactive as a villager.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Edit: Read the narration.

Seems I make fire better than most people. That's kind of cool.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Anialos

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    jdarksun

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    enlightenedbum

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I still get to appear on Letterman even though my face is all fucked up, right?

Right?

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    !warban has played a very mafia-like game, I think. And since we can't get rid of him via private vote, I think we have to do it by public vote.

I frankly trust jdarksun, so for me the private vote is between smoove and Anialos. I'd lean towards the latter, frankly.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    Right, so last night I ate 5 food, brought back .3025 to add to the cornucopia I'm offering Tribe Wilson, and searched for the Idol on top of all that out of desperation to have the only person I knew was village in THB survive. If you vote me out the mafia will get their kill and win.

The only way the mafia win for sure is if they have BOTH their members survive the night. We need to find one and have the jury vote for the villager OR find both and then we win for sure. If they both survive, they win.

• Options
    Y'know jdark, just because I love the math stuff, and I was doing it for THB, I'll switch to warban. God help me if you are mafia you are grudged forever though.

• Options
    Tom Hanks' Beard.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Not Mafia. But sure. I have been inactive though this game more than I have liked. You guys can assume I'm Mafia but I'm not. I have nothing to add beyond this. I never revealed my full stats because there didn't seem to be a need to. And I didn't pick them I replaced bedlem after he stepped down from playing.

Not Mafia. If you are village and want to win this I suggest trusting me and voting out someone else. I can't give much to this game beyond that I have simply followed the requests I got from the other members of my camp while also being not able to get to a computer yesterday and before that.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Warban. Sorry man, your "totes not a mafia" defense isn't enough in my mind to overcome several independent suspicions of the way you have been playing.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    bedlem
    whoreban

• Options
    Vote Closed

• Options
    Day 6

After the fire-making competition. warban looked a bit frightened. Immunity was good, but final immunity challenge winners had a tendency to die. This season was not unusual. Knowing that he was so close to the end, the other castaways turned and threw him into his own fire.

In the vote, it was clear that Richard (Anialos) was the next to go. He survived last time only because of a hidden idol. Now that it was flushed, the tribe would take no chances. The entire jury consisted of members of Tom Hanks' Beard, so leaving any member from that tribe in the game was a threat to the big prize.

During the night, the producers saw that only one man stood in their way. John (jdarksun) was an easy target. They didn't even have to be secretive, as there were no contestants to hear him scream. The audience would cry in blissful frustration as, yet again, the show managed to keep its prize until next season.

The Survivors:
    enlightenedbum
    Smoove Operator

Producer Victory

• Options
    I'll post the background in a little bit.

Hope you guys enjoyed the game. It was probably a bit frustrating since you had a hard time finding mafia. I'll give more detailed analysis of what happened along with the background data.

• Options
    Yeah, sorry jdarksun. We had to keep you alive for today as you were the most likely to vote with me.

If it makes you feel better, all the math stuff? Would have done it if I was a villager!

• Options
    If there are two more mafia in the game, and they are both on Team Wilson, I suspect ebum and Smoove.
    Ah well.

@MrTLicious I speculated that the 8 hour delay between role distribution and Team assignment was because the Producers seeded the teams. Was that correct?

Yep! You were making me SUPER nervous.

• Options
    To be more clear, we rigged the teams so Wilson had a four strength and four dexterity advantage. We were the dumber tribe, but we figured all the high intelligence people would go idol searching and cause themselves issues.

Then we killed the high strength Beard people first.

• Options
    http://springtimeforhitler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Mafia boards are there, smoove will have to unlock them.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    The boards don't include the team assignment negotiations, as we were kind of slackers.

I proposed the all three of us on one side idea, throwing all the high int people on one side. Also splitting the people who played in my game because I was planning on playing biased on them. And keep Teucrian on my side, just in case he was feeling generous after I made a rules interpretation in his favor in that same game.

Sir Fabulous then proposed this setup
    How about:

Team A:
    Sir Fabulous
    Smoove Operator
    Enlightenedbum
    Kime
    Langly
    The Anonymous
    The Dagon
    Jdarksun
    Bedlam
    Void Slayer

Team B:
    Anialos
    Greenbarons
    Tzeentchling
    Kilnaga
    Capfalcon
    Assuran
    Stever777
    REG Rysk
    Teucrian
    Figgy

And then I suggested a Void Slayer and Teucrian trade and that's where we ended up.

Speaking of Sir Fab. He was totally telling the truth! Smoove was a slacker at getting him approved to the proboards and MrT let us send in his private orders there without him being on the board. So he never sent a PM or issued orders but was credited as doing so.

A mistake I almost made with smoove the night he was inactive.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
  • Options
    Booo, told you folks not to vote for me =p. Ah well, really had no idea on who mafia were till the end with Smoove. Should have public voted different, not that it would have mattered. Thanks for running this MrT!

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Dammit! Well, I think a lot of this comes down to our faulty assumption that there would be two mafia per tribe. Instead, it turned out that there were 3 mafia on one tribe and no mafia on the other. Meanwhile, the non-mafia tribe ate itself apart assuming that someone there was mafia.

I cannot imagine how hard you mafia must have been laughing when jdarksun and I were discussing this in the thread.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Man, what a poor village performance by us.
    Thanks for running, MrT.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Some thoughts:

I thought I had given the mafia enough rope to hang themselves with, but they did a very good job of not trying to manipulate the outcomes very much.

I was a little disappointed when jdark and ebum figured out the formulas. I was expecting it to happen but not so quickly. I was imagining it going more like it did for THB. As you can tell, once you knew the formulas you realized that Shelter wasn't really all that important if the other tribe wasn't using an optimal allocation. I was hoping that by the time that was realized the game would pretty much be over. But you guys did it on day 2. It was a tradeoff between power if you guys didn't figure it out and if you did, since if I made finding food harder, then THB would have been sitting around at 10 energy the whole game, which would have made the stats pointless. As it turns out, I erred too much on the "more power" side, which made it not fun for THB in its own way. Part of that could have been fixed (I realized later) by having the food consumption not kick in until after tasks, but I wasn't going to change it mid game.

As jdark guessed, the producers got to pick the tribes (and names), and they had everyone's stat allocations. They did what I expected, which was to put themselves all on one tribe. I did not, however, expect them to so appropriately load the sides, with intelligence on the opposing side. If I had thought about that, I probably would have made more INT challenges.

Because Wilson won nearly every challenge, the 2nd vote kill basically became a mafia kill. That really threw off the balance, and when the "2 mafia per tribe" theory became law, it was pretty much game over. jdark had a stroke of inspiration in his final thoughts, but chose the wrong scenario. ebum pointed out (I think correctly), that the right move there would be to try and vote out Anialos publicly, then use immunity to vote off either smoove or ebum privately (whomever they didn't vote for would end up drawing a rock by himself and being eliminated). This would have guaranteed (under jdark's assumptions) that one producer and one contestant would make it through to the end, and it would make the jury have to choose.

• Options
    Oh, @enlightenedbum - your boards are still locked.

@Smoove Operator is the only moderator

• Options
    I'm not an admin, unfortunately.

• Options
    One thing that really messed up the village on this one was SO MANY VILLAGERS LYING. I mean, why? It makes you seem like a mafia that slipped up, even though with what we know now there is no way they would. It really killed off discussion both in thread and on the THB pro-boards. Just inanity of an epic level.