As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAACBT:R2, New List in OP

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    What's a moster?

MagicToaster on
  • MossMoss Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Moss wrote:
    I might join in on this one lolol
    Wow, I've never heard you say that one before.

Maybe if you didn't organise the effing thing to coincide with exam season...

Moss on
  • Pinky_PowersPinky_Powers Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I would love to do a battle with you Moss, I have always enjoyed your work.

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
    Beer is the perfect lubricant for twisted and vile animal gibberish. I use it myself when the times are ripe and my need great.
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Idealy I'd like to face off against Lexxy. If not for the enormous respect I have for her and her artwork, then for the sheer fun of seeing an epic battle between the embodiment of cuteness and the embodiment of monstrousness (might be giving myself too much credit there).

Buckwolfe on
    edited August 2006
    I want to do battle with Lexxy.

Moss on
    edited August 2006
    Hell, I just wanna fight!

MagicToaster on
  • Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Buckwolfe wrote:
    Idealy I'd like to face off against Lexxy. If not for the enormous respect I have for her and her artwork, then for the sheer fun of seeing an epic battle between the embodiment of cuteness and the embodiment of monstrousness (might be giving myself too much credit there).

Oh but you're not, you have some of the most kickass monster designs I've ever seen.

I'd like to see that battle too!

Asamof the Horrible on
  • Kuro HouKuro Hou Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Kuro "Black Punishment" Hou

Oh my my.
    Oh Hell Yes.
    'Bout to put on my par-T dress.

You know a friend of mine told me it actually translates into "Dark Cheek". Not quite what I was going for, but if the shoe fits...

And Celes, I'll PM you some designs so you can decide on me quickly. I'm always down to benchwarm.

Kuro Hou on
    "For a man who looks like a garden gnome, you sure have a lot of demands."

I dare you to make less sense.
    edited August 2006
    I think it would be better if we just made another battle thread in this forum. You know, like a big free for all. That way people don't have to commit and they can fight who they want.

I guess you could still set themes if you wanted.

Moss on
  • The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm strongly considering throwing in my lot, but I've had trouble finishing stuff lately, and I've never really had an avatar character. I'll try cooking one up tonight.

The_Rat on
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Moss wrote:
    I think it would be better if we just made another battle thread in this forum. You know, like a big free for all. That way people don't have to commit and they can fight who they want.

Disagree. I like the theme version much better, with singular opponents and whatnot. Makes it run smoother, with the voting and all.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Kuro Hou wrote:
    Kuro "Black Punishment" Hou

Oh my my.
    Oh Hell Yes.
    'Bout to put on my par-T dress.

You know a friend of mine told me it actually translates into "Dark Cheek". Not quite what I was going for, but if the shoe fits...
    There's a few translations of it. I just went for the one that sounded the coolest.
    Kuro Hou wrote:
    And Celes, I'll PM you some designs so you can decide on me quickly. I'm always down to benchwarm.
    The_Rat wrote:
    I'm strongly considering throwing in my lot, but I've had trouble finishing stuff lately, and I've never really had an avatar character. I'll try cooking one up tonight.
    Don't worry about time or getting a character together just yet. We are still in the pre-registration process here. I'm not saying you can't, but there's no time limits or anything right now.
    Moss wrote:

Disagree. I like the theme version much better, with singular opponents and whatnot. Makes it run smoother, with the voting and all.
    I agree with Anaxamandarndarn. I enjoyed the battle thread but hated it's confusion. There was so many wasted oppurtunies that people just never replied to or had other people butt into. That's kind of the magic of the battle thread, but I prefer a more organized setting.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
    edited August 2006
    I'm getting pretty excited about this! Let's hurry on and get to the sign up!

signup.jpg

Penny will be taking down your names.

MagicToaster on
    edited August 2006
    Hahahahaha!!SuperHappy.gif

Buckwolfe on
  • ViolenceManViolenceMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Peter decided to take down the battle forums on his site, so sign me up here.

ViolenceMan on
    wheres.gif
    edited August 2006
    Penny will not only take down your name... she'll also take you down. Seriously, I wanna do better this time around and not get owned in the first round!

evil.jpg

MagicToaster on
    edited August 2006
    You'll get no quarter from me, MT, should we meet on the battlefield.TwistedEvil.gif

Although I would very much like to see Pennywise make it through a few good fights. I'm sure she'll do better this time around.
    Afterall, you can rebuild her. You have the technology. You have the capability to build the world's first semi-bionic woman. Pennywise is that woman. Better than she was before. Better, stronger, faster, and equipped with a huge crotch-smashing boot.

Buckwolfe on
    edited August 2006
    Toastaa, if you are itching so much to draw, do the conclusion for your Mayday fight. I'd like to see if you turned on me or not.

Also, check your PM box for a proposition.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
    edited August 2006
    May these subterranean vibrations of anticipation not overtake us hopeful participants before the open of the forthcoming Battle Tournament.

It has been over-long since I took part in such a thing and can also feel the deep-set rumblings under-foot.

I am ready to sketch out some grotesque and unseemly violence.

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
    Beer is the perfect lubricant for twisted and vile animal gibberish. I use it myself when the times are ripe and my need great.
    edited August 2006
    It took a spray bottle of water and a rolled-up newspaper to keep the denizens of the last tournament from tearing each other apart before the start flag was waved.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I have the feeling that if a list was created with who would be fighting who, wars would be waged.

earthwormadam on
    edited August 2006
    Toastaa, if you are itching so much to draw, do the conclusion for your Mayday fight. I'd like to see if you turned on me or not.

Also, check your PM box for a proposition.

Holy crap! You're right! I'll take some time out for destroying Mayday, I still owe him.

Also, PM checked and replied... totaly.

MagicToaster on
    edited August 2006
    Has the business of this topic been moved to a new thread, or have people simply become busy. I ask because no one has posted herein for over 24 hours.

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
  • ViolenceManViolenceMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So I just got back from school and wow, I'm booked... for months, so take me off the list... if I was ever on.

The main problem is my Studio Art class. I have to produce a peice of quality art every week, and if your me, thats alot.

ViolenceMan on
    wheres.gif
  • SpeedKnightSpeedKnight Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    How is the tournament going to flow this time around? As in, forced pairings etc.

SpeedKnight on
    edited August 2006
    I just want to be paired with somebody whos artwork I really admire, of which there are many around here. Might be nice if the person also kinda looked up to mine too, but I wouldn't hold my breathe on the latter.

Buckwolfe on
    edited August 2006
    How is the tournament going to flow this time around? As in, forced pairings etc.
    You are placing your character's artistic life in my hands for the duration of the tournament.

So, in other words, it depends on how drunk I am when I make the trees and pairings.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    At first I was gonna ask stupid questions, like "when would the second tournament begin" or "how many waffles can you fit in a tuna," but then I realized I took twice as many sleeping pills as I should've and probably shouldn't be on the computer right now.

That being said, sign me up.

PeterAndCompany on
  • TimTheSlothTimTheSloth Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'd rather be paired up with someone absolutely horrible at first so I don't get eliminated in the first round :(

TimTheSloth on
    redtidesig1.jpg
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I should probably revise my combat skills. Probably on my little brother.. xD

no_toast on
    edited August 2006
    Okay, we're at 19 now, before the cleaving of the noobs. Is there anyone one else that wants to sign up?

I'm not starting any time soon, just still trying to gather folks together.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I know I'm not much around here, but I'd really like to give this a go so please don't count me out. =D

When are we gonna start posting character stuff?

Shiboe on
  • Panda KhanPanda Khan Registered User new member
    edited August 2006
    I've lurked for quite a while, and I'd seriously like to have a part in this. Considering that I'm no longer in school should mean I'll have plenty of time to get involved with the tournament.

Panda Khan on
  • phantom363phantom363 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    idd love to be involved

phantom363 on
  • KalynarKalynar Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'd love to be involved, I'll cook up an avatar tonight.

Edit

Kalynar on
    My hands! My horrible human hands!
    monkeysigye5.jpg
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I think you should kill three winners at the end of every round and then randomly reassign the remaining characters to other artists. That would be so dope! 8)

CheerfulBear on
  • Kuro HouKuro Hou Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I think you should kill three winners at the end of every round and then randomly reassign the remaining characters to other artists. That would be so dope! 8)

Kill off three randomly, regardless of total people involved? Could you explain this in more detail?

Kuro Hou on
    "For a man who looks like a garden gnome, you sure have a lot of demands."

I dare you to make less sense.
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2006

Only if they can continue to fight as zombies!

earthwormadam on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Kuro Hou wrote:

Kill off three randomly, regardless of total people involved? Could you explain this in more detail?

It's simple. You assign everybody a number! And then Celestial randomly picks numbers at the end of every round and those numbers get toasted like a Lebanese suburb!

CheerfulBear on
    edited August 2006
    I think Bear has an awesome idea there! I second it! I also vote for another swimsuit mini battle. The last one was damn funny.

MagicToaster on
This discussion has been closed.