As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Voyage of the 3rd [Phalla] - Game Called - Mafia Victory impossible at the present time.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Says I get a redshirt, is this a red versus blue team type game?

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I'm the space cowboy

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Imma rocketmaaaaan

steam_sig.png
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Says I get a redshirt, is this a red versus blue team type game?

Poor, poor Retaba. Just don't go on any missions with the primary roles.

Well, did day one start yet or are all those blue and red kime votes wasted?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Day 1 still hasn't started

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Ok, so I am getting clarification PM's, so here is the big old list of actions:

During this game, you'll be able to do something every day. All of you will be able to do something. I will be drowning in actions, so much that I will need to build a tiny boat in order to sail over the sea of PM's in order to get to narration island. The most common actions are:

Move: Move into an Adjacent area yo

Attack: You can attack a target up to three times in the area you are in, or up to three targets once, or one target twice and one target once if you want to be fancy about it. Basically, your attack power is triple of whatever weapon you are actually holding. Any attacks you do not use will instead hit any NPC Infected/Obvious Infected in your area.

You will always have your fists (Attack damage - 10, Melee)

Assault: If you want to attack an adjacent area, you assault it. Same as an attack, but you can either target a specific person in that area, or target all players in that area (You can even say "I will assault and attack any players in the area that are not Kime, and Kime will go unscathed if you want to be super fancy) and your attacks will be split between them. You still get your three attacks, and if you move out of an area things targeting you in that area still hit.

Fortify: You point your gun towards the door and shoot anyone who enters your area. You can send me a list of people who are allowed to enter your area without getting shot if you fortify, but everyone else gets to eat a bullet. You will shoot up to three different people that enter your area (Or the same person thrice if only one person enters).

Guard: You put yourself between the target and any attacks. You get hit instead.

Search: You can search an area for new items! Items depend on the type of area you're in, more likely to find sharks in the shark tank and all that. A maximum number of three items can be found in any specific area every day, so don't all try to grab medical supplies from the medical bay at once.

Heal: If you have an item with a healing effect, you can heal someone with it instead of attacking/assaulting/fortifying!

Reinforce: If you have an item with a reinforcement effect, you can weld shit together, upend tables and do rudimentary repairs in an area, giving it bonus Armour that helps reduce damage from NPC's players suffer in an area, and also helps restore broken equipment. This is done instead of Attacking/Assaulting/Fortifying

Interact: Some rooms have things you can interact with! Who knows what they do? (Check the map), this is instead of attacking/assaulting/fortifying

Launch: Yes, you can fly one of the fighters in the hanger bay. I hope you're a trained pilot.

Juggle: You juggle in the face of adversity.

Gumpy on
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Are there stealth mechanics?

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Could you elaborate on what NPC infected do?

XStly.jpg
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait.

I get to triple my attack?

You're all so screwed

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Wiet wrote: »
    Could you elaborate on what NPC infected do?

They try to eat your brains, of course.

And for you mortals, they may even succeed. I, of course, am immune to zombies.

Steam profile
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I think that Kime is a smuggled-aboard-suitcase-nuke.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Is the max 3 items a day per person, or for the whole area?

steam_sig.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    If I'm not a trained pilot can I still Launch and autopilot the fuck off this zombieboat?

Honk wrote: »

I can neither affirm nor deny that my destructive capabilities are roughly equivalent to such a device.
    They are

Steam profile
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Launch: Yes, you can fly one of the fighters in the hanger bay. I hope you're a trained pilot.
    Hmm. Can we launch other people out of the hangar bay?

That will be fun...

kime wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »

I can neither affirm nor deny that my destructive capabilities are roughly equivalent to such a device.
    They are

Oh lawd! :O

Spoit wrote: »
    Is the max 3 items a day per person, or for the whole area?

For the whole area.
    Rius wrote: »
    If I'm not a trained pilot can I still Launch and autopilot the fuck off this zombieboat?

Your ship may fault if you're not trained. Hopefully its the taking longer to turn on the engine kind of fault and not the ship exploding in the hanger bay kind of fault.

If you can find some way of picking them up...

Oh Gumpy, everything you say is making me giggle. Even your private clarifications of exactly how much I am able to maim everyone else.

Steam profile
    Best way to learn flying a space ship is to just try it first hand.

If you can find some way of picking them up...
    Wouldn't Juggling them pick them up?

And the system unravels

Steam profile
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Don't worry, I'm the Doctor and I'm here to save you.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Alright, who has the role that has bonuses to juggling? Gotta watch out for that guy.

VRXwDW7.png
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm the Doctor and I'm here to save you.

omg squeeeee

Steam profile
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Have I missed where the map is, or has it not been posted yet?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Option 2, I think

Steam profile
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    Knowing Gumpy this is going to work like the end of Earthbound or something and all players have to juggle in unison to defeat the evil in man's heart

bigbosssig.png
    Right, PM's are all out. Now, to MSPaint to get the Map up.

• ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Daius wrote: »
    Knowing Gumpy this is going to work like the end of Earthbound or something and all players have to juggle in unison to defeat the evil in man's heart

That would be amazing.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
    Hmm, so should I be telling people what my role is?

Like it seems like everyone should know who I am anyway

But then again secrecy is great

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    You should be telling me all of your details.

It will make me like you more.

And that will make me less likely to make you explode.

Win-win, see?

Steam profile
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

General rule, no.

ok, I won't tell anyone that I'm the king of space

My liege, allow me to create a black hole out of this ship.

In your honor.

Steam profile
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Like it seems like everyone should know who I am anyway

But then again secrecy is great

deciding how much of your role to give away is pretty much the most important part of a phalla, to me.

Do you make yourself sound more important? Less? do you honestly tell your role while obscuring your abilities?

The most important thing about your decision, though, is to keep your story straight. (and don't make a public post in thread about it, just in pms)

• MillMill Registered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    i'm a space hooker

So we can blame you for the zombie outbreak.

Can you only take one action per turn?

Pretty much - Either take a specific action or do some kind of attack unless the specific action says otherwise

@Langly: I'm downplaying my role a bit.

Steam profile
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Ok I finally got the wee one to go to bed and WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?
    Is this where I swear a blood oath to Kime?