As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 6/27/2012 - He dosed the Hulk with Giant-Man Serum!

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Graphic Violence
Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #12 An Iron Man suit composed of the City components piloted by Tony's tumor vs A Giant-Hulk in rage mode. A Great issue/Conclusion to The City mega-arc. Though the multiple artists still bugs me.
QsesD.jpg
9O45e.jpg

Spider-Men #2 Amazing issue, with the fight between Miles and Peter done really well. Beautiful art as well!
MXbHv.jpg
Y1uI2.jpg
X6FHI.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #688 Reason #688 Peter + MJ
ZBuoe.jpg

FF #19 Poor Dragon Man :(
zCQFR.jpg

Batman Inc #2 Son of the Demon is remade for the new52 / retold in an excellent 3 pages.
DTqio.jpg
DFoGj.jpg
XbEjx.jpg

The Flash #10 Inside Joke. To did a pretty good job for the fill in.
9mcNE.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man that sure is some art in Batman Inc and Amazing.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Manhattan Projects #4, the space race begins with our first contact, plus FDR robot and Einstein's big reveal:
    manhattanprojects4a.jpg

manhattanprojects4b.jpg

manhattanprojects4c.jpg

FDR was onto something, because that's actually an evil Einstein from a parallel dimension! Our Einstein opened up a door to another dimension because he was smarter than evil Einstein! Exclamation Points!

manhattanprojects4d.jpg

I love it I love it I love it /molly shannon

Atomic Robo: Flying She-Devils #1 is the start of a good new series, one issue in and I already like it more than Ghost of Station X. 1951, Robo against rogue Japanese imperialists, and sky pirate chicks with jetpacks and their own island:
    atomicrobofsd1a.jpg

atomicrobofsd1b.jpg

atomicrobofsd1c.jpg

Wolverine and the X-Men #12, I've included the best Rachel and Kid Gladiator moments, plus Namor gets a nice insult in on Thor:
    xmenwolverine12a.jpg

xmenwolverine12b.jpg

xmenwolverine12c.jpg

xmenwolverine12d.jpg

TexiKen on
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    your manhattan projects scan just shows the same page?

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yeah, I enjoyed Flying She-Devils as well. The sky pirates are great so far.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    your manhattan projects scan just shows the same page?

I fixed it now! Like Einstein!

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Manhattan Projects,
    Is anyone on that team the original person? Oppenheimer is an evil twin, Einstein is Earth-3 Einstein.... Feynman is probably a super-scientist wearing Feynman's beautiful skin or something.

That said it is one of the best comics coming out

My MOTW was All-Star Western #10, all of it. I dropped it about 5 issues back, but this convinced me to start picking it up again. Can't really go wrong with Tallulah Black.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Damn, dudes.

I Vampire was so fucking cool this week. Justice League Dark had my mind running in circles, where I'm psyched to see if they can really build this stuff up to be a bigger part of the overall DCU now that Argus and the Black Room are involved.

I've only read maybe half my books so far, but they've all been great. It was so awesome to get that retelling of the entire Ra's/Talia story so far in Batman, Inc. It's weird that only two issues in, it feels a lot more consistent than the first series did. Batman and Robin was really fun, felt like it could be a clean break into the story, and had a consistent tone in the art and story. Batman Inc, Vol 1 was all over the fucking place, and felt like a mess at time because of the delays and the over reliance on the dedalus stuff at the symbolism.

New 52 Batman Inc reminds me of Batman and Robin again, and that is a very good thing. Plus it's surprisingly new reader friendly, basically all you need to know is that
    Talia is Leviathan, and that she hired some crazy old psycho-assassin who would've killed Batman if Damien hadn't killed him first.

And they've established that in both issues so far. I can't wait for the return of matches malone in issue 3.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I remembered that 2000 AD sells digital versions of their magazine, that you can download as a PDF or CBZ. I grabbed the first one that caught my eye, due to the Brendan McCarthy cover, Prog 1775. Let's see what's going on in there.
    q7w7L.jpg

British comics, you crazy.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Captain America and Iron Man #633; Tony Stark is the stupidest smart guy in the world.
    O1VQD.jpg

Do I really need to point out all the things wrong with, "Why not a million [fucking robo-hornets]?"

Hypernaturals #1; the new team of Hypernaturals investigate the disappearance of the last team, finding a dead world, and strange, deep grooves across the surface of the planet.
    C4bs9.jpg

Fatale #6; a new arc begins, which finds the cursed Josephine living like a hermit.
    EZxHw.jpg

I really love stories that explore the idea of immortality, and the problems that would come with it. To make things worse, Josephine seems to have some kind of succubus-like abilities, which enthrall most men she comes into contact with, driving them to ruin.

Prophet #26; one of old man Prophet's allies, a Jaxson robot left over from the war, awakens in a crater, has an adventure, and then sets about relaying a message to the old man.
    uEDy4.jpg

This is the kind of stuff I love this book for. The sad, weird, majesty of it all, hits me just right.

Hell Yeah! #4; dinosaur. Just, dinosaur.
    BNyVK.jpg

Munch on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    holy fucking shit More Than Meets the Eye #6

just

just

fuck

the entire thing was tense, smart, full of action and humor and stunning reveals

THE DEATH OF THE ISSUE
    tumblr_m6h2y3uUj51qcqlzzo2_500.jpg
    Poor Rung

THE LAST PAGE REVEAL
    Overlord-Lost-Light-Interiors.jpg
    Overlord, the big bad of Last Stand of the Wreckers, last seen as a skeleton at the end and presumed to have had his spark removed and placed on Cybertron, is in the very bottom of the Lost Light

Antimatter on
  • ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    And as I'm following the story
    he's Metroplex's torturer, right? The one Met's so freaked out about.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Hypernaturals was really good this week, looking forward to more of that

also does Tony Stark hate the world, or something? Does he like creating things that are inevitably going to be used to kill lots of people?

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    It is the secret dream of every scientist to shout "No! The [horrifically dangerous things] were only meant for peace! FOR PEACE!" while the world crumbles around them.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Arryn wrote: »
    And as I'm following the story
    he's Metroplex's torturer, right? The one Met's so freaked out about.
    Fortress Maximus's, yup

In IDW, fort max is just a rather large autobot, while metroplex actually is a citybot.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    more things should be dosed in pym particles or giant man serum

penis joke

comics should be crazy like that

more things should be dosed in pym particles or giant man serum

giant size man-thing joke

comics should be crazy like that

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    It is the secret dream of every scientist to shout "No! The [horrifically dangerous things] were only meant for peace! FOR PEACE!" while the world crumbles around them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG_oErV2wXc

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    nicely done, @antimatter

thank you kindly