As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

19495969798100»

• Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    I left it to the last minute and wasn't able to get my stunty league game with Foomy in today :( Woe is me.

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    So I'm going to own up to my shittiness and my part played in the leagues grinding to a halt. Sorry for being absent.

That being said, if anyone wants to play an open league game or whatever to be bashful about steam messaging me. I'm going to try to get the messenger on my phone so i can see it and respond if i am up to other things.
    It was endemic, not that your absence helped, ZH. :)

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Popebourbon and I are having trouble catching up for our game again this week for the weekly league. We might be able to squeeze in something tomorrow morning/night.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Stupid time zones

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I'll give you guys some extra time since Blitz and Roland might be able to squeeze their game in as well. But whoever is playing Kafka next better of learned to plan ahead and not wait till the last minute.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yea, its mostly my shitty timezone being an issue. I've become really busy on the weekends which was when I could tee it up the most. I'll probably just bail out after this season anyway to avoid the future issues.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I'll give you guys some extra time since Blitz and Roland might be able to squeeze their game in as well. But whoever is playing Kafka next better of learned to plan ahead and not wait till the last minute.

As Kafka said, the time zones are brutal. it's either me at 5 am for him after work or 5 am for him for me at 2pm

• Options
    Do you guys just want a 1-1 draw then?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pope is going to try and get up at 5am tomorrow to play. If we don't meet up then, I'd be happy with a draw.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    slept through my alarm and woke up at my natural time of 6:45. Draw it up and lets move to next week.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Oh god I have a match don't I?

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    So I have devised a new strategy for my FOL Skaven team: The Miami Heat Method

3 Star Gutter Runners
    13 Linerats, some with Dirty Player.

Foul every turn. Should lose about 3 per match due to ejection.

It's much more cost effective than having leveled up storm vermin, throwers, rat ogres, etc etc plus if they die i can easily replace them.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    So BB/Cyanide posted on their facebook page that the chaos edition can be bought by those who own the Delves/Legendary for about 10 euro, so $15. Not too bad. Wonder how that will work with steam versions. Normal price is 30 euro, or about 45$

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    @KafkaAU, lets try and nail down game time now so this weekend wont sneak up on us.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sure, I can play friday night/saturday night/saturday morning/sunday morning your time. My preference is for sunday morning your time but any of those will work for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Sunday Morning works out excellently.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I left it to the last minute and wasn't able to get my stunty league game with Foomy in today :( Woe is me.

I asked Foomy what was up since he hasn't done anything in the past few weeks and he said he had lost interest. Edg1e hasn't been on Steam for weeks so both games got a 1-0 and League has been moved to the Finals. What time works for you?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    With the Weekly league moving to the playoffs I figured I would make some regular season team stats.

Highest scoring Team:

Rouquefort Runners PAWL 8
    Reavin' Reapers 7
    The Unstoppable Guzzlers 7
    BonTemps Fangbangers 4
    Dept. of Elf and Safety 4
    Valhallas Brutes 2

Best Defensive Team:

Reavin' Reapers 2
    The Unstoppable Guzzlers 3
    BonTemps Fangbangers 5
    Rouquefort Runners PAWL 5
    Dept. of Elf and Safety 8
    Valhallas Brutes 8

Khornes Favorite Team:

The Unstoppabe Guzzlers 3 Dead 17 Cas 17 KO
    Reavin' Reapers 12 Cas 14 KO
    Valhallas Brutes 9 Cas 9 KO
    BonTemps Fangbangers 3 Dead 5 Cas 4 KO
    Roquefort Runners PAWL 3 Cas 4 KO
    Dept. of Elf and Safety 9 KO

Future Necromantic Team:

Dept. of Elf and Safety 6 Dead 14 Inj 13 KOed
    Rouquefort Runners PAWL 15 Inj 22 KOed
    BonTemps Fangbaners 8 Inj 16 KOed
    Reavin' Reapers 7 Inj 10 KOed
    The Unstoppable Guzzlers 8 Inj 2 KOed
    Valhallas Brutes 1 Dead 6 Inj 10 KOed

Best Crowd Pleaser:

Reavin' Reapers 101000 Spectators
    The Unstoppable Guzzlers 99000 Spectators

KafkaAU and mrt as well as BlitzAce and R0land had their match against each other resolved at a 1-1 draw which wasn't factored in the scoring. For future necromantic the Valhallas Brutes were ridiculously low so I included R0land's other team which made it look like his team didn't have their armor blessed by Nuffle. I was going to do a Nuffles Chosen One category but that was a 6 way tie since every team had a player get 2 MVPs.

The BonTemps Fangbangers are retiring due to "timezone differences" The Dept. of Elf and Safety is also retiring since they are basically a Necromantic team now but Blitz might have another team to replace them. So the PA Weekly League has an open slot for Season 2 and maybe a second.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried the new Bloodbowl that appeared on Steam ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209390/

Called Dungeonbown, by Cyanide Studios. Sounds interesting, albeit even more chaotic that standard BB...

• Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    Since you can do custom pitches on there I wonder if you could just use it as a more refined (if it is such) way to play vanilla Bloodbowl . I need more information about this game.

• Options
    Cyanide doesn't get another dime until they fix their existing product

• Options
    Cyanide's contribution to Blood Bowl's mechanics are usually ignored for a reason.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Dungeon Bowl is nothing Like Blood Bowl - You have a mixed race team, there are 6 chests, 5 are trapped and 1 has the ball, there are teleporters and what not. And if you look at the most recent BB code you can see comment lines in there for Dungeon Bowl - so Cyanide is just rehashing old code for a new game. So in my opinion Fuck paying a cent for that.

Also - my view on the Chaos Edition - Fuck Cyanide again.

Lastly, sorry for dropping off the earth and not communicating in here. The leagues were going stale yet again, I just moved and having issues finding a Job, so I just didn't feel like dealing with what it takes to kick people in the ass to play their games. I gave control of Stunty(?) to @TNTrooper and he's doing a good job. I still have control of Regular and Speed, but nobody is complaining from lack of playing so I'm not inclined on trying to get them going again.

tl;dr I won't be actively pushing Leagues for the present time frame. I may pick them back up and see what I can get going in the Fall, after I hopefully have been working.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Cyanide doesn't get another dime until they fix their existing product
    This guy? He knows what the fuck is up.
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Dungeon Bowl is nothing Like Blood Bowl [...] Cyanide is just rehashing old code for a new game. So in my opinion Fuck paying a cent for that.

[...]Also - my view on the Chaos Edition - Fuck Cyanide again.

And this guy, too. :D

No problem on the leagues pausing; I've still got my write-up from my last game with @Extreaminatus that I haven't posted. :D (TL; DR: I won, it was brutal.)

• Options
    greebzillagreebzilla Registered User regular
    I bought Dungeonbowl like a lemming... there's no single player mode so be aware of that :p

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    greebzilla wrote: »
    I bought Dungeonbowl like a lemming... there's no single player mode so be aware of that :p

Yeah, that was one of the points made in the RPS wot I think on DungeonBowl.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So I bought the Legendary Edition in the summer sale, because I like Blood Bowl... and then, when I get the game in the library, I see the first news item... announcing the Chaos Edition... also stand alone. And then I see the messages with people saying "great, way to fracture the player base even more" and such. Never thought the day would come when I'd be in favor of DLC, but apparently it has arrived.

Also, I'm so glad I got it for 10 euro, because god damn:
    • No way to re-size the UI.
    • No way to permanently display a grid.
    • No way to move the view with a mouse button.
    • No way to disable cut-scenes (even though there is an option for it).
    • No way to get the game to remember that I don't want cinematic camera for the opposing team.
    • No way to get the Steam overlay to work (what the flying fuck is this about?)
    • No way to see who a skill dialog is actually talking about (shadowing, for example).

Also, CD-key activation AND an activation code AND you need to register to play online. Laziest fucking game in the last 10 fucking years I'ved tried, I think. If it hadn't had the rules 100% implemented, I'd ask for a refund despite the sale. It's not worth a single dime more and I will never give them anymore money either.

With that out of my system... a friend of mine just bought the game as well... do I play him with the LAN option, or how does it work?

EDIT: Also, when a player is KO's, he sinks into the pitch and disappears... but when he is badly injured and put out of the game, he immediately gets up and runs off the pitch...

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    Play online and be the coolest. Honestly this game is only good as a way to play bloodbowl without rolling the dice. Everything else is poorly implemented.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    eobet wrote: »
    So I bought the Legendary Edition in the summer sale, because I like Blood Bowl... and then, when I get the game in the library, I see the first news item... announcing the Chaos Edition... also stand alone. And then I see the messages with people saying "great, way to fracture the player base even more" and such. Never thought the day would come when I'd be in favor of DLC, but apparently it has arrived.

• No way to get the game to remember that I don't want cinematic camera for the opposing team.
    • No way to see who a skill dialog is actually talking about (shadowing, for example).

Also, CD-key activation AND an activation code AND you need to register to play online. Laziest fucking game in the last 10 fucking years I'ved tried, I think. If it hadn't had the rules 100% implemented, I'd ask for a refund despite the sale. It's not worth a single dime more and I will never give them anymore money either.

With that out of my system... a friend of mine just bought the game as well... do I play him with the LAN option, or how does it work?

EDIT: Also, when a player is KO's, he sinks into the pitch and disappears... but when he is badly injured and put out of the game, he immediately gets up and runs off the pitch...

G should display the grid,

That badly hurt dude would have been apothecaried.

Also steam overlay will work if you add bb.exe as a non steam game.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    KafkaAU wrote: »

G should display the grid,

That badly hurt dude would have been apothecaried.

Also steam overlay will work if you add bb.exe as a non steam game.

G did display a grid... of sorts... but with green circles around my guys even though it's not my turn... and incredibly bright, yellow control zones, but only around the other team... ugh...

I bought the game in the Steam store. The bloody CD key popped up in a Steam overlay. Why should I have to add the bb.exe manually? I'm going to try to contact their support.

Man, the fuckers who did this game. No UI designer on that team, was there?

EDIT: I just noticed that if I put my mouse cursor over a guy who is where the UI will pop up, the UI will flicker in and out of view... so no QA either... figures.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    Yea, the game was really shittily made, we ignore the problems for the most part because we want to play blood bowl.

• Options

I bought the game in the Steam store. The bloody CD key popped up in a Steam overlay. Why should I have to add the bb.exe manually? I'm going to try to contact their support.

Yep, I got it in the steam store too. God knows why the overlay doesn't work in the standard install but works if you add it as a non-steam game. Their support is non existant btw. They have 1 guy who works part time on BB. You'll note that new dungeonbowl game also just ports 90% of the BB code, so all the bugs still exist in that game. I would also suspect all these bugs will make it into the chaos edition, which is terrible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I hear you. Almost makes me want to play the Java Blood Bowl instead, if that's still around...

For sure I won't be giving any more money to that developer and publisher.

• Options
    Fumbbl is still around and going strong.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    We've hit 100 pages here, should I make a new thread? Or wait till interest picks up again?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Wait till interest. Right now I have a whole slate of other games I'm playing and until there is some sort of fix for the netsync errors I'm going to leave this game on the back burner.

• Options
    I won the weekly league >.>

• Options
    Since we went to 100 pages and to avoid the wrath of the Mods, I've created a new Thread.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/164823/blood-bowl-legendary-edition-nothing-much-happening-but-a-new-thread

50433.png?1708759015