As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iOS Games: There's a Zombie on your In-App Purchase.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Bullio wrote: »
    Arkham City Lockdown is on sale for 99 cents. Buy it you jokers.

EDIT: Anyone have any impressions of Real Racing 2 HD aside from "oooh, purrty!"?

EDIT 2: Woo, Mass Effect Infiltrator finally dropped to $1! Been waiting for that for awhile now.

What is lockdown?

Batman meets Infinity Blade.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

EDIT: Anyone have any impressions of Real Racing 2 HD aside from "oooh, purrty!"?

EDIT 2: Woo, Mass Effect Infiltrator finally dropped to $1! Been waiting for that for awhile now.

What is lockdown?

Infinity Bladman

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular

What is lockdown?

Infinity Bladman

Infinity Batarang.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    BatmanBatmanBatman.com

Infinitely.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The Act is on sale for 99 cents. It's a Dragons Lair-esque game made by former Disney animators, with a twist: you have to keep the main character's confidence at appropriate levels. Getting under- or over-confident, and you'll fail.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    Namrok wrote: »
    Just FYI, The Realm is still active. Some other company took it over, and last I checked, still operated it.

Some google-fu later I got this?

http://www.realmserver.com/

Looks about right to me.

As far as the iPad goes I got nothing.

Thanks. Windows only though. Maybe someday iPad will have something like it.

• Options
    wordgrindwordgrind Registered User new member
    (Permission to post by LP'sStepdad)
    I'm a new independent app developer and just launched my first word game, called WORD GRIND in the iTunes store. Guys, it's free right now to celebrate its release and has absolutely no ads. Steampunk-style graphics, fun, addicting word-building gameplay!

Check it out in the app store and search for WORD GRIND (supported on both iPhone and iPad).

Or find it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-grind/id528896221?mt=8

Thanks, and let me know what you think! Always looking for good feedback.

James P.
    wordgrind@yahoo.com

• Options
    I got it! Thanks! Gonna give my impressions later.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Any good 4th of july app sales?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    All the EA games are 90% off I believe.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I need a game suggestion. My wife wants a baseball game for the iPhone. The requirements are that it not be a super realistic sim, and preferably not F2P. And if it is F2P, that it's perfectly fun an playable without spending money. She'll buy a game outright, but hates being nickel and dimed.

Ideally, we're thinking Extra Innings from the SNES. Something fun and sort of cartoony.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I need a game suggestion. My wife wants a baseball game for the iPhone. The requirements are that it not be a super realistic sim, and preferably not F2P. And if it is F2P, that it's perfectly fun an playable without spending money. She'll buy a game outright, but hates being nickel and dimed.

Ideally, we're thinking Extra Innings from the SNES. Something fun and sort of cartoony.

Baseball Superstars 2012 is what immediately comes to mind, and judging by the IAP list shouldn't be too annoying.

Kingdom Rush dropped to $1. I bought it because no one will stfu about it.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    wordgrind wrote: »
    (Permission to post by LP'sStepdad)
    I'm a new independent app developer and just launched my first word game, called WORD GRIND in the iTunes store. Guys, it's free right now to celebrate its release and has absolutely no ads. Steampunk-style graphics, fun, addicting word-building gameplay!

Check it out in the app store and search for WORD GRIND (supported on both iPhone and iPad).

Or find it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-grind/id528896221?mt=8

Thanks, and let me know what you think! Always looking for good feedback.

James P.
    wordgrind@yahoo.com

You've got to work on your elevator speech! Of the three screenshots in the App Store, only the first gives me any hints about the gameplay, and even then it only establishes that there is word building to be had. The description and even your post here tell me little else about what to expect. What are the powerups like? What are the item upgrades--and what items?

All I can guess is that it's maybe kind of like steampunk Bookworm, but even that I can't really know for sure. What about the game makes it unique? What sets it apart? What makes you excited or proud of it? (other than the kudos worthy accomplishment of creating it and publishing it) :)

• Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    Slide to Play has a great page with games on sale for the 4th. Great time to stock up!

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/best-of-the-fourth-of-july-independence-day-2012-sales

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Anyone know how good a port the lego games are on the ipad?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Anyone know how good a port the lego games are on the ipad?

They're excellent! I bought and 100% completed Lego Harry Potter 1 (that is unique!) and I just picked up Lego Harry Potter 2, and it's even better. I'm not sure if they're really ports though, I think that the iOS versions are different than the console versions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    where can I go to see all games on sale?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    That seems like a really obvious thing that's missing from the app store.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    where can I go to see all games on sale?

i think www.appshopper.com has something like that

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Yeah, I use a few non-apple apps to try and find deals, but they're not very good.
    Also, I have a stupid problem with my iPhone. I have an US account and a Brazilian account because until very recently, the BR store was really horrible. Now, whenever I have to update a bunch of apps from both accounts, I enter the two different passwords, and the Appstore would switch region (telling "I need to switch the store region blah blah") and update everything. Except it stopped doing that. It says "I need to switch stores blah blah" and doesn't actually change store, and then the updates stop. I need to manually sign out one account and sign in the other... That's kinda annoying. I can't find anything remotely similar on searches, and a full restore did nothing. Any ideas?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

I would not buy Tetris just because they deactivated the old version to replace it with this one, and you shouldn't support those practices. And I don't mean de-listed; I mean deactivated, even for people who already "owned" it.

Well, that certainly sounds horrible and I would be real peeved if I bought the original.

But I didn't, and me not buying it would help nor hinder the situation, and I was sold by the one-touch mode and inclusion of 8-bit Tetris theme. Going to take forever to grind those coins though.

Anyway, how's Burnout Crash on the iPad?

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    So Summoner Wars is out now. I don't think its implemented as nicely as some of Playdek's other games (though it will hopefully improve in the future), but its still a lot of fun! If anyone wants to play some async matches with me, my name is cpugeek13. I'm a noob though, so go easy on me :-)

• Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Outwitters, a new asynchronous turn based strategy game from the Tilt to Live devs, is out now. One team out of three comes free and there aren't even any ads! $3 to unlock all teams forever.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=432969074&mt=8

It uses Game Center for multiplayer, send me an invite and we'll play a match! I'm Nimble Cat.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    Outwitters seems pretty promising so far. I think it's interesting how they have moving & attacking use the same resource that's used for building units. I was a little disappointed to see that the different armies are exactly the same aside from the superunit ability (and appearance, of course), but I'm far too green to evaluate how big a difference those superunit abilities make. It'll make it easier for them to create new teams; that's for sure.

• Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    I'm having fun with it, but I wish the people I'm playing against would make more than one move every 5 hours!

• Options
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    I'm having fun with it, but I wish the people I'm playing against would make more than one move every 5 hours!

Obligatory comic link...

• Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    cpugeek13 wrote: »
    So Summoner Wars is out now. I don't think its implemented as nicely as some of Playdek's other games (though it will hopefully improve in the future), but its still a lot of fun! If anyone wants to play some async matches with me, my name is cpugeek13. I'm a noob though, so go easy on me :-)

Feel free to hit me up with a game anytime. Game Center name is Isotope-X. I'm a semi-newbie, and most of my experience is with the Master Set races that aren't in the IOS version yet.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I wish I could get Summoner Wars to install. :(

• Options
    I love that comic

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    The closest (in a sense) thing to Tribes on a mobile device is getting a sequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUiyK1olZ8

I hope this guy learns a thing or two from games that have had objectives since and let's you bribe your way out of the shitty ones.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »
    The closest (in a sense) thing to Tribes on a mobile device is getting a sequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUiyK1olZ8

I hope this guy learns a thing or two from games that have had objectives since and let's you bribe your way out of the shitty ones.

That is incredibly cool. I would buy one of those if he sold it as merch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al Baron wrote: »

i think I understand what you mean but some clarification would help

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    i think I understand what you mean but some clarification would help
    Played Jetpack Joyride? They had it so that you could straight up buy your way past bullshit objectives to hit the next rank.

Was Tiny Wings even the first game with objectives like that?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am level 20 something in Jetpack Joyride, and haven't seen a bullshit objective.

Only thing I bought was the permanent coin multiplier because the game is free and I wanted to give them SOME money.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Oh I'm perfectly familiar with the concepts. It's just that the sentence was very hard to decipher.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    Anyone is the US want a code for Where's My Water? It expires today and it's US only so it's no good to me. Hopefully someone can use it.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Anyone is the US want a code for Where's My Water? It expires today and it's US only so it's no good to me. Hopefully someone can use it.

I never did play that one. If nobody wants it, I'll be glad to redeem it for you when I get home from work in an hour. :)

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    wakaranaiwakaranai Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

Com2us has made some pretty good games, so I'd expect that same of this one:
    9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/9-innings-pro-baseball-2011/id373290787?mt=8

It's currently free, so I think it's worth a try!

Edit:
    Here's a review:
    http://toucharcade.com/2010/07/08/9-innings-pro-baseball-2011-review-–-pick-up-and-play-baseball-at-its-finest/

wakaranai on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's a pretty good game. They just (or recently anyway) released another game called Where's my Perry, which is along the same lines and is also good.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Hey folks, Vroom! the iOS game made with UDK by me and @Remington and @peterdevore is free now. Feel free to go run guys over!

Runs best (60fps usually) on iPad 2/3 and iPhone 4S. It's capable of getting a solid 30FPS even on the 3GS, in theory, but there is a bug we've been meaning to fix that makes it pretty laggy on slower devices right now.

Hope ya'll enjoy it.

This discussion has been closed.