As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] Pre-PAX Dinner Thread - [SOLD OUT] - Sign in starts at 5:30pm!

• parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Going. Obviously.

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Done & Done & Done.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    2/3rds of the tickets have sold in just 4 days. If you haven't already done so, get yours soon!!!!!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Two tickets paid for :)
    Praying that the military lets him go home in time for us to make it >.>;

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • HackworthHackworth IssaquahRegistered User regular
    Got some tickets!
    Awesome work everyone involved!
    Thanks @Togsolid for setting this up.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    2009-02-27-professor_farnsworth.jpg
    Good news everyone! Through the use of my Exorphin Disassembulator I have successfully rendered the meat dishes free of the Gluten proteins!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • LegionnaireLegionnaire Registered User regular
    Just got my ticket, excited to be more social this pax.

• That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    Ordered mine. Shit just got real.

• Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    Ticket is BOUGHT! BRING IT!

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Two tickets bought, me and LewieP's Daddy will be coming!!!

I may have bought 4 tickets by mistake, I'm not sure :0 I don't think I have, cos when I tried to check out the first time, I couldn't, but then the ticket availability had dropped by 2 when I did it again. I only got one email though, so I think I'm OK :)

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    Two tickets bought, me and LewieP's Daddy will be coming!!!

I may have bought 4 tickets by mistake, I'm not sure :0 I don't think I have, cos when I tried to check out the first time, I couldn't, but then the ticket availability had dropped by 2 when I did it again. I only got one email though, so I think I'm OK :)

@TOGSolid can double check that for you, but I'm guessing you're ok if you only got the one e-mail.

@LewieP's Mummy I see you down for only two tickets. You're good to go!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    2009-02-27-professor_farnsworth.jpg
    Good news everyone! Through the use of my Exorphin Disassembulator I have successfully rendered the meat dishes free of the Gluten proteins!

:D

Thank you TogSolid, I was doing it in a hurry before I went to work cos I didn't want to miss out!

• JurgmanJurgman Tech Director NYC, NJ, LARegistered User regular
    You all had me at "Prosciutto Stuffed..." ;^)

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Jurgman wrote: »
    You all had me at "Prosciutto Stuffed..." ;^)

I'm a big fan of anything that contains multiple forms of pork in one package.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Finally caved and bought a damn ticket, should be fun!

I just got an email back from Barca, we WILL have a bartender up on the mezzanine serving water and soda again this year.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Please don't tell me the bartender is only serving water and soda. ;) (or does that mean those are the drinks included free in the cost of the dinner ticket?)

ufq9gj8383nh.png

edited July 2012
    vespachica wrote: »
    Please don't tell me the bartender is only serving water and soda. ;) (or does that mean those are the drinks included free in the cost of the dinner ticket?)

MUAHAHA, ONLY GENERIC SAFEWAY SODA SHALL BE SERVED AT THIS EVENT! MY EVIL PLAN IS REVEALED!

I kid, I kid. :lol:

Nah, it just means that if you just want a coke you don't need to go downstairs to the bar to go get it. Keeps the traffic flow manageable. He didn't mention any cost to the patrons but I'll double check just to be sure. I'll probably cover it myself if need be.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    So does this mean that the whole thing is upstairs? Is there a lift please ? Or is it upstairs and downstairs? (I avoid stairs as much as I can, they hurt!)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    So does this mean that the whole thing is upstairs? Is there a lift please ? Or is it upstairs and downstairs? (I avoid stairs as much as I can, they hurt!)

This is a good question. Last year at this same venue it was upstairs only as far as I know, and I don't think they had an elevator. Not sure if both of those things are the same for this year or not.

edited July 2012
    zerzhul wrote: »

This is a good question. Last year at this same venue it was upstairs only as far as I know, and I don't think they had an elevator. Not sure if both of those things are the same for this year or not.
    @LewieP's Mummy @Zerzhul
    The food was upstairs in the back corner but both upstairs and downstairs were open for seating (I was downstairs last year eating with Red Halo and some other fine Slytherin gents). Both upstairs and downstairs will be available for seating. There is no lift, but if we can't get the food set up downstairs then I will figure out something out. I'll get your food for you if it comes down to it.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    @TOGSolid xoxoxoxoxo!

I can always make LewieP's Daddy fetch it for me, but thank you, kind sir, for the offer!

edited July 2012
    In the year 2010X, a battle was fought. A battle of courage, conviction, and hardened steel. The brave warriors of the Hai Shi Dao fought a bloody campaign against the Pacific Rim Forces and while many lives were lost, we of the Hai Shi Dao emerged victorious. We fought for freedom, we fought for honour, and we fought for free soda for all humans.

Here, in the year 2012X, I am proud to announce that that our campaign was not all in vain! Here, at the Pre-PAX Dinner, our final promise will bear fruit! Here, at the Pre-PAX Dinner we will have FREE SODA FOR ALL HUMANS!

Never forget the many young soldiers that fell to bring you your freedom* and carbonated beverages!
    MaoFreeSodajpgcopy.jpg
    *Must be 18 years or older, some restrictions may apply, offer void in the District of Columbia.
    EDIT: I just noticed who's photobucket account that picture belongs to. @NotoriusBEN *brofist*

EDIT: Hah, even the guys at Barca are wondering when the TWDT is gonna get announced. Wish I had an answer for him. :3

EDIT EDIT: WE ONLY HAVE 19 TICKETS LEFT!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Hooray for free soda!

That said, alcoholic beverages should be consumed greatly (but responsibly!).

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular

@TogSolid, @Saldek

When we scouted Barca, we specifically asked Dan to make sure that there was seating downstairs and upstairs this year. Last year there was one table downstairs for people who couldn't make the stairs, which kind of sucked for them all by themselves. Hopefully this year's plan didn't get lost in the shuffle. There's certainly enough room to put seating on both levels.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    edited July 2012
    Last year there was one table downstairs for people who couldn't make the stairs,
    Pretty sure there are a bunch of bar tables, the bar counter and a few booths. >.>
    EDIT:
    http://www.barcaseattle.com/barca_vr/barca1.html <-- Downstairs
    http://www.barcaseattle.com/barca_vr/barca2.html <-- Upstairs

I'm not seeing a downstairs seating problem. <.<

EDIT EDIT: Oooh, I see a corner we might be able to stick the food in downstairs.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    <3<3<3
    Written as I sit in my front room too exhausted to go and make myself a cup of tea because I've walked down stairs :( damned ME sucks. Thank you sooooo much xxxxxx

• Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    17. Looking forward to this, glad I didn't miss it!

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Last year there was one table downstairs for people who couldn't make the stairs,
    Pretty sure there a bunch of bar tables, the bar counter and a few booths. >.>
    EDIT:
    http://www.barcaseattle.com/barca_vr/barca1.html <-- Downstairs
    http://www.barcaseattle.com/barca_vr/barca2.html <-- Upstairs

I'm not seeing a downstairs seating problem. <.<

EDIT EDIT: Oooh, I see a corner we might be able to stick the food in downstairs.

Wowza, that's one cool looking place! I'm impressed.

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    I showed the husband that link with the images and told him, Imagine this place filled completely with gamers/geeks/nerds! His response, YAY! We can make friends!

I am so very excited about this =)

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
    I want this to hurry up and be now! (at least until I think about everything I've got to do to get my costumes finished up...)

There are just 11 tickets left for the dinner!!!! If the sales stay steady, they'll be gone by the end of the weekend.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to pregame there before the pub crawl!

• alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Whew, I got tickets for the husband and myself - I was afraid they'd go on sale while I was on vacation, and I was right. But I got two! :D

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
    Only two tickets left! If you're a "wait to the last minute" sort of person then guess what, this is it!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ladies and Gents! It is now officially sold out!!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited July 2012
    Ladies and Gents! It is now officially sold out!!

WOO!

Time to take the cash and go to Nevada to cruise all the cat houses! let the caterer and Barca know to brace themselves for epic!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited July 2012
    Now for the waiting patiently bit....

Saldek on
This discussion has been closed.