As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Six Demon [chat]

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Yo this doesn't sound like you're on good terms at all so don't try to make that magically happen

she knows you felt she was just mooching off you and that you think she deserves her crappy life

cordiality ain't gonna cut it

catch up in a few years, sure, but not now
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Basically, if we never see or say anything to each other ever again, I want it to be because that's how it is, and not because it's been decided that we don't. Deciding that there's nothing left to be said makes me think there's still some things to say about it.

nothing left worth saying isn't the same as nothing left to be said

and not talking now is not the same as never talking again

Yeah. I'm not gonna force anything. Not really interested in hanging out.

Basically, she just did some pretty ridiculously nasty, mean hearted, shit to me and the worse I did to her was say some nasty, mean hearted, things back to her. Not proud of it.

But I don't dwell on the way she treated me. I didn't bring it up today. I don't think about it when I think about her. I just don't think about it at all. It's done, I've moved on, we gave it a shot, it didn't work. If we never see each other ever again, fine.

I just don't get it. We're already not talking. We already don't have anything to do with each other. Why text me out of the blue and start an argument?
    Yes. It's hard. Divorce doesn't flip a switch and turn off any feelings you have for her. But it can magnify the hell out of the hurt feelings that exist. It can make shit that seems minor as fuck a flashpoint for deeper feelings. And the adversarial nature of it can make it worse. It seems like she might be a bit pissed at you. Not unexpected since she had a major series of changes in her life that she sees as negative with you as the source. That doesn't mean you're at fault or her actions did nothing. But from what you've said that's how she seems to view it. Give her some time to get over that. Maybe in a year you can be friends. Or maybe not. But with all of this stuff, get a lawyer and have him be the proxy if you need to.

Yeah, she's definitely had some changes made. I think the only thing I took as an insult was her insinuating that she needs to "get back to the life she had before me", which wasn't much different than where she's at now. Shit job, shit neighborhood. Did she "do it to herself"? Yeah, I guess so, but I don't rag on her for it, think she deserved it, or that she's trash or anything. She's living a life and in a neighborhood that many of my friends are.

I can only assume that she feels like she took a step down? I dunno. I'm sorry she feels that way.

I just don't know what to do. I suppose I'm being slightly unrealistic, naive, or immature thinking that "we're divorced, it's over, just let it be".

But I'm not texting her out of the blue telling her to never text me again. That just seems... counter-intuitive.

In this case, just do nothing. You're not gonna fix her feelings. Just give her time and maybe you guys can talk. Or maybe not. So go live your life.

Yeah. I'm just gonna let her have whatever she wants at the moment. I told her I'm here if she wants to ever talk. I'm sure I'll think of her in a few months time and maybe the next time I think about her I'll text a hello or something and see how she's doing.

Thanks for letting me talk it out. This shit is way more Adult than I ever ever ever wanted to be.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Something may be trying to MITM my requests. Am worrying I have been drive-byed with something. Antivirus hasn't reported anything. What's good to do?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ronya wrote: »
    Something may be trying to MITM my requests. Am worrying I have been drive-byed with something. Antivirus hasn't reported anything. What's good to do?

MSSE

But is it possible for you to do a check with Wire Shark?

ed

First, tell me what makes you think you're suffering a MITM attack. That'll help a bit.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Yo this doesn't sound like you're on good terms at all so don't try to make that magically happen

she knows you felt she was just mooching off you and that you think she deserves her crappy life

Basically, if we never see or say anything to each other ever again, I want it to be because that's how it is, and not because it's been decided that we don't. Deciding that there's nothing left to be said makes me think there's still some things to say about it.

Basically, she just did some pretty ridiculously nasty, mean hearted, shit to me and the worse I did to her was say some nasty, mean hearted, things back to her. Not proud of it.

But I don't dwell on the way she treated me. I didn't bring it up today. I don't think about it when I think about her. I just don't think about it at all. It's done, I've moved on, we gave it a shot, it didn't work. If we never see each other ever again, fine.

I just don't get it. We're already not talking. We already don't have anything to do with each other. Why text me out of the blue and start an argument?
    Yes. It's hard. Divorce doesn't flip a switch and turn off any feelings you have for her. But it can magnify the hell out of the hurt feelings that exist. It can make shit that seems minor as fuck a flashpoint for deeper feelings. And the adversarial nature of it can make it worse. It seems like she might be a bit pissed at you. Not unexpected since she had a major series of changes in her life that she sees as negative with you as the source. That doesn't mean you're at fault or her actions did nothing. But from what you've said that's how she seems to view it. Give her some time to get over that. Maybe in a year you can be friends. Or maybe not. But with all of this stuff, get a lawyer and have him be the proxy if you need to.

Yeah, she's definitely had some changes made. I think the only thing I took as an insult was her insinuating that she needs to "get back to the life she had before me", which wasn't much different than where she's at now. Shit job, shit neighborhood. Did she "do it to herself"? Yeah, I guess so, but I don't rag on her for it, think she deserved it, or that she's trash or anything. She's living a life and in a neighborhood that many of my friends are.

I can only assume that she feels like she took a step down? I dunno. I'm sorry she feels that way.

I just don't know what to do. I suppose I'm being slightly unrealistic, naive, or immature thinking that "we're divorced, it's over, just let it be".

But I'm not texting her out of the blue telling her to never text me again. That just seems... counter-intuitive.

In this case, just do nothing. You're not gonna fix her feelings. Just give her time and maybe you guys can talk. Or maybe not. So go live your life.

Yeah. I'm just gonna let her have whatever she wants at the moment. I told her I'm here if she wants to ever talk. I'm sure I'll think of her in a few months time and maybe the next time I think about her I'll text a hello or something and see how she's doing.

Thanks for letting me talk it out. This shit is way more Adult than I ever ever ever wanted to be.

If you don't mind a suggestion? Let her make first contact next time.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Holy shit I'm a white male AND a member of the glorious PC master race.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Peter Sagan got custom paint:

petersagantourminator27.jpg

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    2012-07-02-My-Ronnie-And-Me.jpg

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Man, why would you want to be a really hot lady? Scumbag dudes would make the experience way uncomfortable for you.

Sure normal women put up with it, but I imagine it would be jarring for a guy to suddenly encounter.

why would I be unable to put up with it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

If you don't mind a suggestion? Let her make first contact next time.

Yeah prolly a good idea.

Honestly, the main reason I want to be able to contact her is cause her dad is fucking awesome but has cancer, so I'm really anxious to know how he's doing but oh well.

Life. Sometimes you don't get to eat your cornbread.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Man, why would you want to be a really hot lady? Scumbag dudes would make the experience way uncomfortable for you.

Sure normal women put up with it, but I imagine it would be jarring for a guy to suddenly encounter.

Why would you want to? It's not intolerable, but it isn't enviable either.

• Options
    I'd just bottle that shit up real deep than have a hysterical dry-heaving cry spell like I usually do

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    2012-07-02-My-Ronnie-And-Me.jpg

the alt text is awesome

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    surely the creepers, sexism, and periods are made up for by the continual access to boobs

• Options

Why would you want to? It's not intolerable, but it isn't enviable either.

I'm not saying I want to, just that I think I'd be able to tolerate it!

going from the lives of the girls I know best dudes I don't like the look of liking the look of me would not be the worst thing about being a girl by far

way too many of my friends are scared too much of the time

shit ain't right!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Ncg9m.jpg

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'm fine looking like myself.

Maybe the stubble on the left side of my face could be exactly symmetrical to the stubble on the right side of my face.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the cost of doing business

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    going from the lives of the girls I know best dudes I don't like the look of liking the look of me would not be the worst thing about being a girl by far

No, guys grabbing your crotch at concerts and masturbating while staring at you on the train would be a lot worse.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    So would getting raped and developing crippling agoraphobia. :bz

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I hate menthol cigarettes.

I'm very un-hip in my choice of cigarette and smoke lucky strike red.

I always thought that if you smoked lucky strikes and weren't a soldier from the 40s you were probably a hipster. I'm not a big fan of unfiltered cigarettes, and Lucky Strikes tend to also be more expensive than most other cigarette brands here.

I thought the reds were the only ones that existed, I guess the blues are light? Unfiltered light cigarette seems silly to me.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Yes, truly, the beautiful in our society are the most burdened and oppressed of us.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mangy stray kitten is still here in the back yard. He's hiding under the diving board where it's shady. I called up the two closest animal shelters and they said they were both full so now, besides giving him a rug to sleep on and bowls of milk and water, I don't know what to do with this cat. Another 2 days and he'll be a corpse.

If you feel the animal has developed a fever from the mange and may die, let me know and I will pay for the treatment if you can keep an eye on the little bugger until he's better.

@emnmnme

The vet's not open tomorrow for the 4th but I'm calling other shelters. If those are full, I'll call animal control and the SPCA and see what they have to say. The kitten doesn't have a fever but he is half-starved and probably needs to see a vet and get a bath.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Yes, truly, the beautiful in our society are the most burdened and oppressed of us.

My comments have less to do with being beautiful and more to do with being a girl.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    feral those were some good posts

• Options
    i think it's probably ideal to be a tall, handsome white guy

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

unfortunately that's always just out of sight for you

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

unfortunately that's always just out of sight for you

*nods thoughtfully*

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

I always thought that if you smoked lucky strikes and weren't a soldier from the 40s you were probably a hipster. I'm not a big fan of unfiltered cigarettes, and Lucky Strikes tend to also be more expensive than most other cigarette brands here.

I thought the reds were the only ones that existed, I guess the blues are light? Unfiltered light cigarette seems silly to me.

They're filtered, here, but I don't think you can buy unfiltered. Which is silly, since rolling your own is so common.

And the soldier from the 40s thing is exactly why I smoke 'em - when me and a mate bought a pack for the first time he chose lucky strikes because the soldiers got them for d-day. He's studying to become a history teacher.

Lucky strikes are popular here. Luckies, followed by marlboro for men and prince for ladies, followed by prince for men and marlboro for ladies would be the order of the three most popular cigarettes here, just going with what I see

and the blue luckies thing is the polyester flavour - but they might be a "light" variant, I wouldn't know because "light" and "mild" etc are illegal as names for 'em. Which is also kinda pointless as everyone calls a prince light a prince light.

Oh and basically every pack of cigarettes cost exactly the same ova here.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I've been called handsome a lot more lately. Little do they know the wreckage that lies underneath this shirt.

I wonder if I got a tummy tuck if I could donate my skin to a burn victim or something. Is that a thing? Can you do that?

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    being raped would be terrible

I guess that's a reasonable response to talking about wanting to be a beautiful man or woman

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    The only thing hotter than the idea of me in a human suit is another person in a Ludious suit

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I've been called handsome a lot more lately. Little do they know the wreckage that lies underneath this shirt.

I wonder if I got a tummy tuck if I could donate my skin to a burn victim or something. Is that a thing? Can you do that?

no-one wants to take transplant meds for skin, I think

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    sell it on e-bay

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    maybe you could make it into a bag or something

• Options
    maybe I could make a fleshlight out of it

• Options
    Everybody would be like "Go Fuck Yourself!" and I'd be like lol ok

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

Turn it into a leather cover for your memoirs.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

They're filtered, here, but I don't think you can buy unfiltered. Which is silly, since rolling your own is so common.

And the soldier from the 40s thing is exactly why I smoke 'em - when me and a mate bought a pack for the first time he chose lucky strikes because the soldiers got them for d-day. He's studying to become a history teacher.

Lucky strikes are popular here. Luckies, followed by marlboro for men and prince for ladies, followed by prince for men and marlboro for ladies would be the order of the three most popular cigarettes here, just going with what I see

and the blue luckies thing is the polyester flavour - but they might be a "light" variant, I wouldn't know because "light" and "mild" etc are illegal as names for 'em. Which is also kinda pointless as everyone calls a prince light a prince light.

Oh and basically every pack of cigarettes cost exactly the same ova here.

Interesting. Here luckies are pretty uncommon, and I think I've only ever had the unfiltered type so I assumed that's all they made. Cigarette prices vary pretty significantly, although not as much now that pretty much all of them are stupidly expensive. They also made it illegal to call them light and stuff here a couple years ago, but most people still call them that, they just usually go by color now, so marlboro lights are just called marlboro golds. Although the reds were pretty much always called reds. Never heard of Prince either, but I used to work at a little convenience sotre and half of what I did was sell cigarettes so I got to pick up on trends with regard to cigarettes and different demographics. The majority of people just smoked marlboro lights/golds though.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Elendil wrote: »

Turn it into a leather cover for your memoirs.

It shall be called

"Anne Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn, A Memoir About Someone Who Lived Way Longer Than Anne Frank"

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.