As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Six Demon [chat]

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    maybe you could make it into a bag or something

Turn it into a leather cover for your memoirs.

The Necronomicion according to Lud.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i bet a bible bound in human skin would be pretty boss

make christianity cool again

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    jon lovitz is the most feminine jew in the closet since anne frank

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    or maybe I could just call it "My Diiiiiick"

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    maybe you could make it into a bag or something

Turn it into a leather cover for your memoirs.

It shall be called

"Anne Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn, A Memoir About Someone Who Lived Way Longer Than Anne Frank"

Finally, someone with the courage to stick it to Anne Frank.

edited July 2012
    more of a pamphlet really

Elendil on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mangy stray kitten is still here in the back yard. He's hiding under the diving board where it's shady. I called up the two closest animal shelters and they said they were both full so now, besides giving him a rug to sleep on and bowls of milk and water, I don't know what to do with this cat. Another 2 days and he'll be a corpse.

If you feel the animal has developed a fever from the mange and may die, let me know and I will pay for the treatment if you can keep an eye on the little bugger until he's better.

@emnmnme

The vet's not open tomorrow for the 4th but I'm calling other shelters. If those are full, I'll call animal control and the SPCA and see what they have to say. The kitten doesn't have a fever but he is half-starved and probably needs to see a vet and get a bath.

Please just let me know if it's necessary.

@Thomamelas

You know, now that I think about it, I think I know where this came from.

She came by the other day and was in a super pissy mood but didn't act on it. I think she noticed that

1> I have a new 50' LCD TV
    2> I have several new guitars
    3> I have several new guitar amps
    4> I've had time and money to bust my ass in the gym
    5> I have a new iPhone

I dunno. Maybe seeing that brought up the shit she had to say today. Only thing I can think of. Caveats, though. Gym is cheap, room mate bought the LCD on his credit card, new amps given to me by a friend who was sent off to rehab, and iPhone was given to me by work.

But I can see how it may reinforce a certain impression.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

I have you know I am inches long.

INCHES I tell you.

I used to smoke Camel Unfiltered.

Surprised I'm not dead.

INCHES I tell you.
    (rounded up)

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    vari we were talking about the pros and cons of becoming a beautiful lady

it does have the disadvantage of the risk of being raped

and fearing being raped

and getting sexually harrassed and assaulted in hurtful ways - and fearing that

the fear is what I can visualize the best

I can see what it would take out of my life

like I walked around a desolate park in the middle of the night yesterday. And I walked all over town. The worst thing I can think of happening to me, is a drunk guy getting aggressive with me, and that ain't really scary. I can handle that so nothing comes of it, most likely. And if not, I've broken bones before. Ain't no thang.

I don't want to walk around with fear.

and if I'm at a party, with basically no-one I know, that's either awesome if they're awesome, or usually amusing and hilarious if they're really not my kind of people - but at the very least, interesting in a drunk people-watching way.

The worst I have to fear at a stranger's house is their shitty taste in music and them being boring.

I don't want to fear strangers because I don't trust them to behave like men 'round a lady.

so yeah I think I'll stick with being a man

it is working out pretty good so far

ftOqU21.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    being raped would be terrible

I guess that's a reasonable response to talking about wanting to be a beautiful man or woman

There's a whole spectrum of unwanted sexual attention. At one end, you have subtle flirting or people asking you politely if you'd like to go out; at the other end you have felonies like kidnapping and the r-word. And in between you have everything from stalkers to to sexual harassment to random people grabbing you or trying to pull your pants down in public.

I mean, I like polite appreciation, even when it's from people I don't really find attractive. That's great, when they tell me nicely and then bow out gracefully when I establish lack of interest. That kind of attention is flattering.

Robos said "Scumbag dudes would make the experience way uncomfortable for you," and, to me, that doesn't just mean catcalls or pervy pick up lines, that also means people touching you and violating your privacy in all sorts of unexpected ways.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Day Z antics: Me and my three buddies looted Stary Sobor. Then we headed west to loot the deer stands there.

We hear a car just as we reach a deer stand. It runs over one buddy, killing him. Two guys step out and open fire. I nail one of them, but they kill the rest of us.

C'est la vie.

Kind of a funny-stupid way to end the evening; two minutes earlier we decided to log off, but one guy wanted to check the nearby deer stand first.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Abdhy: yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying, sorry if I came across bitchy.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm absolutely convinced we are our avatars so

when i read posts by feral (who drops good knowledge often)

i'm always surprised to learn that she is not in fact a roaring cat thing with laser red eyes

INCHES I tell you.

Feet would probably lead to less sex than a few inches.

I wish I were in fact a female roaring cat thing with laser red eyes

Wait, I didn't mean to actually type that

is this thing on?

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

i'm always surprised to learn that she is not in fact a roaring cat thing with laser red eyes

Yet more surprises are in store for you.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That's why I use my self portrait as my avatar

to avoid confusion

thom is b.d. wong

TehSloth wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i think it's probably ideal to be a tall, handsome white guy
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I hate menthol cigarettes.

I'm very un-hip in my choice of cigarette and smoke lucky strike red.

I always thought that if you smoked lucky strikes and weren't a soldier from the 40s you were probably a hipster. I'm not a big fan of unfiltered cigarettes, and Lucky Strikes tend to also be more expensive than most other cigarette brands here.

I thought the reds were the only ones that existed, I guess the blues are light? Unfiltered light cigarette seems silly to me.

They're filtered, here, but I don't think you can buy unfiltered. Which is silly, since rolling your own is so common.

And the soldier from the 40s thing is exactly why I smoke 'em - when me and a mate bought a pack for the first time he chose lucky strikes because the soldiers got them for d-day. He's studying to become a history teacher.

Lucky strikes are popular here. Luckies, followed by marlboro for men and prince for ladies, followed by prince for men and marlboro for ladies would be the order of the three most popular cigarettes here, just going with what I see

and the blue luckies thing is the polyester flavour - but they might be a "light" variant, I wouldn't know because "light" and "mild" etc are illegal as names for 'em. Which is also kinda pointless as everyone calls a prince light a prince light.

Oh and basically every pack of cigarettes cost exactly the same ova here.

Interesting. Here luckies are pretty uncommon, and I think I've only ever had the unfiltered type so I assumed that's all they made. Cigarette prices vary pretty significantly, although not as much now that pretty much all of them are stupidly expensive. They also made it illegal to call them light and stuff here a couple years ago, but most people still call them that, they just usually go by color now, so marlboro lights are just called marlboro golds. Although the reds were pretty much always called reds. Never heard of Prince either, but I used to work at a little convenience sotre and half of what I did was sell cigarettes so I got to pick up on trends with regard to cigarettes and different demographics. The majority of people just smoked marlboro lights/golds though.

Prince is a norwegian brand. I worked at a gas station and I sold more cigarettes than gas, but I can't for the life of me remember what name is printed on marlboro lights or prince mild

also, people are so stereotypical in their smoking habits, I knew their exact order before they said it two times out of three

middle aged woman? "20 prince mild" - with the chance of menthol cigarettes going up as the amount of money put into their clothes went up

young women, marlboro light

young to middle aged man luckies or marlboro

middle aged to old man - marlboro or petterøes

middle aged to old man in a dirty work outfit consisting of flannel shirt and jeans - Red 3 loose tobacco and/or rizla paper. and unless they had a red 3 in their chest pocket, they would buy both. Every time.

ftOqU21.png

to avoid confusion

Do you use a braille keyboard or just voice recognition?

Chu, one last time. Jeffery Donovan:

220px-JeffreyDonovanUSONov09.jpg

B.D. Wong:

220px-BDWongNYCJune08.jpg

B

D

WONG

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Wx91Z.jpg

If B.D. Wong, I don't wanna be wight.

Feral wrote: »

to avoid confusion

Do you use a braille keyboard or just voice recognition?

I actually dictate to my friend, Foggy (real name Franklin)

Surprised I'm not dead.

We sold so few camels that I started wondering if there was an expiration date.

Also don't worry it won't kill you now

you'll die of a heart attack in your 50's

ftOqU21.png
    Spotify for Dummies. Still, it's no:

51IDp6LkSEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I wish I were in fact a female roaring cat thing with laser red eyes

I hear the sex is pretty painful tho.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Abdhy: yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying, sorry if I came across bitchy.

nah I sort of closed my eyes to the larger conversation and felt like it was a silly response to what I was saying but there was more going on

saying "I'd love to be a really pretty lady" and getting hit with 'yeah until you get raped' just seemed out of left field but it's not actually what happened. and maybe it's not that out of left field I guess, maybe it's more necessary or appropriate than I think.

my fault.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    i wonder what kind of person buys multiple For Dummies books

Surprised I'm not dead.

We sold so few camels that I started wondering if there was an expiration date.

Also don't worry it won't kill you now

you'll die of a heart attack in your 50's

:^:

someone should write the ten spotify commandments

1. The queue is holy. Respect the queue.

2. Absolutely no skipping in the middle of a song.

3. Adding like fifty songs at a time to the queue is disrespecting the queue.

4. Switching the queue order is disrespecting the queue.

and then six more

ftOqU21.png

huh? Oh, nah man, you weren't bitchy. I was just too busy saying the same stuff as you to listen

ftOqU21.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark

tyrannus on
    speaking of cardiovascular issues and cancer, I need a smoke.

ftOqU21.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i like the idea that somebody somewhere reads my post in their best mental approximation of tupac wearing a pair of blingee'd shades

obF2Wuw.png
    i wonder what kind of person buys multiple For Dummies books

0470888717.jpg

This discussion has been closed.