As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft 2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD!

• undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    i still think a decent amount of shit that went down with gesl was "oh dreamhack is on and some other event"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah and also I never heard about it until it was a thing that no one watching it

not sure who is to blame for that type of thing, it's weird.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    on the video raptor posted, that's not a sponsor treating their people well. they created a demand for a caster, placed their own person and then set the price. that's fucked up, collusion or some shit :P

So they create demand where there was none, give the job to one of their own people.

Don't really see anything wrong with that. Sure, maybe they should have held open interviewing for the position, or whatever, but they can ultimately hire whoever they want, and better to hire someone who is going to speak well of them, surely?

And as for setting their own price, isn't it their money paying to that caster anyway?

I can't watch this video at work so I may be misunderstanding what you guys are saying, but in essence it seems like they created a role, put the person they wanted to put in the role and paid them what they wanted to pay them.

Dhalphir wrote: »
    on the video raptor posted, that's not a sponsor treating their people well. they created a demand for a caster, placed their own person and then set the price. that's fucked up, collusion or some shit :P

So they create demand where there was none, give the job to one of their own people.

Don't really see anything wrong with that. Sure, maybe they should have held open interviewing for the position, or whatever, but they can ultimately hire whoever they want, and better to hire someone who is going to speak well of them, surely?

And as for setting their own price, isn't it their money paying to that caster anyway?

I can't watch this video at work so I may be misunderstanding what you guys are saying, but in essence it seems like they created a role, put the person they wanted to put in the role and paid them what they wanted to pay them.

my understanding from watching the video

kingston says "you need another caster, doa isn't a big name" guy running the event says okay. kingston says "you have to hire azael and pay him xyz per day" and guy running event says okay. he then has to pay from the same amount of funds he already had set aside for casting which put him in an awkward position since he suddenly had a bunch less money for that then expected.

ultimately I guess it depends exactly how sponsor payment is meant to work, but to me it seems like they said (without providing any new money) 'hire and pay our guy or we're pulling out of the event'

if that's wrong my mistake but that's what I got from watching it. that seems sort of dirty to me.

the one thing that is incorrect is the money bit -- where it really stung the organizer. the new caster money came out of his budget, effectively making stuff come out of his pocket as enough things had already been allocated he couldn't shift funds around to offset this new cost placed upon him. that's the really shitty part, the rest is only eh, considering the caster wasn't bad and it was just eg basically getting their hat in the pot.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I stand corrected, that's pretty shitty if they didn't boost his funding to allow him to pay the caster more money.

Also, if the rationale behind refusing DoA is that he isn't a big enough name, then who the fuck is Azael?

Also, if the rationale behind refusing DoA is that he isn't a big enough name, then who the fuck is Azael?

yeah, that was another point of contention

he casts masters cup I think they said

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    doa is a swell guy

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    It feels good when #82:

You morph in an Overseer just in case and it saves your ass.

You should almost always have detection just in case unless you're super certain it's unpossible for there to be invisible shit around.

A perfectly true point, but one that can get lost among the million other things to keep in mind.

The very first thing you should be thinking as soon as you think "I am ahead" in a game is "How can I lose this game?"

The answer is usually either air units or DTs.

i really love when a p sends like two dt's to every base you have simultaneously late game zvp

this is the only time i could ever respect a clown

edited July 2012
    815165 wrote: »
    i really love when a p sends like two dt's to every base you have simultaneously late game zvp

this is the only time i could ever respect a clown

yeah when they don't lose 2 DTs to one scan I bow a little

not that it's hard to do but it's easy to overlook while you cross your fingers that I didn't make a turret

Variable on
    code essu

no jerg tt

but a white guy

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Blargh, I'm not watching Keen cheese Naniwa a bunch of times.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    edited July 2012
    is it okay if i no longer consider naniwa a white guy because he's so uncool to people

that's probably not okay, is it

815165 on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    he's just an uncool white guy

actually he's just an asshole

is it okay if i no longer consider naniwa a white guy because he's so uncool to people

that's probably not okay, is it

pretty bad!

I mean, with that wording.

it's kinda like how i don't consider bomber a terran

How long does the average ZvZ last? I know in BW they tended to be really short (rarely anything more than your natural expansion).

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    55411.jpg

is this the face of an asshole

everyone cheeses naniwa

Yilias wrote: »
    Blargh, I'm not watching Keen cheese Naniwa a bunch of times.

or genius!

everyone cheeses naniwa

if it didn't work so well they'd probably stop doing it

watching pvp reminds me of why i'm so hesitant to return to playing this as much as i used to

hh?

naziwa

this monsieur j shit is honestly the funniest thing at 530 in the morning

goooooooood blessssss ameriiiiicaaaaaaaa

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    55411.jpg

Yep

Anzekay wrote: »
    55411.jpg

Yep

i wanna know what they did to his hair for that picture

naniwa getting that monsieur j product placement money with that gelled-down hair

tom from new mexico too op

i missed tastosis when they weren't doing GSL

tastosis is just perfection at this point. randomly decided to tune into gsl, not even really caring for any of the players playing. tastosis makes everything better. like a nice comfort blanket, you know?

it's just

the banter

more pertinent to this game, god that blink on this map with that big ledge is pretty insane for splitting an army up

that's a beautiful spot that genius put that pylon in

he can just do that same run over and over - engage at the natural, blink into the main, blink back out and loop around to do it all over again - until naniwa is blue in the face from defending it

that's a really bad PvP map for that 2gate expand -> robo build for exactly that reason

that build on Daybreak, for example, is basically a build order win against blink obs. On Cloud Kingdom, that is reversed.

naniwa actually is the romney toss