As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Voyage of the 3rd [Phalla] - Game Called - Mafia Victory impossible at the present time.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I would take a look at everyone with a wagon going on them before this Daius thing started up after narration tonight. I realize that includes myself, but as i think I said before, I gots nothin to hide.

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    Daius, I don't know how you do things on your ship, but on our ship anyone that moves into command is SHOT ON SIGHT by kime.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I guess everyone's switching to Daius. I'll continue to ride the wagon.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    The SF and BoW mashup took two days thanks to JT and Bedlam. So that probably gives the GG anywhere from 3-4 days to sideswipe someone (3 for SF since she's on autopilot). I'd rather play it safe, retract SaberOverEasy from the laser count and instead offer up Daius. I'd like to avoid further collisions since the last one killed nothing but loyal members of the union and put the SF in a rather vulnerable state.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I would take a look at everyone with a wagon going on them before this Daius thing started up after narration tonight. I realize that includes myself, but as i think I said before, I gots nothin to hide.

Why can not you and two other people walk over to shabooty, then shabooty can hand off the sensor to someone who is not a fed, he can confirm anything, then you can hand it off to the other two. It proves he is not lying about his scanner and confirms 4 people in two days.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    !Daiusfor shenanigans and / or bad judgment at a reaaaally inopportune time.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Why can not you and two other people walk over to shabooty, then shabooty can hand off the sensor to someone who is not a fed, he can confirm anything, then you can hand it off to the other two. It proves he is not lying about his scanner and confirms 4 people in two days.

At this point, I'm listening to the "do this or youll probably die" threats happening on the ship. After I'm proven, I'm going to fortify the armory, hopefully get a huge gun pointed at the door, and get mojo to man the turrets if he checks out too. The mechanics of the verification are on the captain's shoulders at this point

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    What is the exact Fed win condition?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

I thought he came back and said the "fed scanner" thing was in innate thing he had, a power not an item. Unless I'm just not remembering things correctly. D:

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I think he's saying it's an ability, not an item

steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    yea i was reading it as an a passive ability not an item to pass off

edited July 2012
    No he mentioned that he had a hand scanner that detected zombies? Here is the scanner post and the Explanation of its use
    And then he said that he had an ability that detected feds nearby. Explained by... jdark?
    The zombie scanner probably isn't worth dick on our ship as far as I can tell

Erin The Red on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I'm away from my spreadsheet and I don't have much time to post, so I'll register a quick !vote for Daius in the interest of maintaining as many people aboard my ship alive to try and fix things.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Watch the scanner be a bomb. I will laugh until I throw up

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    You know what would be hilarious, is if Daius aims the ship at say... the SF(since it can't move), and then the captain turns out to be mafia and locks the helm so nobody can stop it.
    Also by hilarious I mean a really bad thing.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Daius, to prevent a bedlaming.

Will a villager's attempt to harm a village be called a "bedlaming" from now on?

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    You know what would be hilarious, is if Daius aims the ship at say... the SF(since it can't move), and then the captain turns out to be mafia and locks the helm so nobody can stop it.

So that's your plan, huh? :P

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Leaving the house shortly and after much deliberation im going to jump on the daius wagon and vote Jdarksun for el capitan

steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    no I'm sure that still lady eri's territory

If a ship drifts towards us, I am arming every turret available in the armory and firing upon said ship

• The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    The Daius vote has the most damning evidence compared to the other wagons.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    We'll abandon ship. We have a five person shuttle, two fighters, and the escape pods.

mini BSG

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Daius, to prevent a bedlaming.

Will a villager's attempt to harm a village be called a "bedlaming" from now on?

People will run around yelling, "This is Bedlam!!!"

Which uh, actually makes perfect sense already

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Yeah, at this point if the ships start getting closer I'm going to immediately start clamoring for our captain to blow it to smithereens.

well Lady Eri did it before him, by saying from the dead that a mafioso was basically 99% good and people made him network leader (Which was kinda stupid on their part)- she did it out of spite.

So Eri set the precedent.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Alright guys, you've discovered my big secret:

Epic reveal
    I'm not paying attention to the main thread. I'm actually avoiding it like the plague.

I've been a bit busy this week (today especially), so I decided I'd concentrate on the ship thread. I figured I'd be a bit more effective there. Though I'm touched that everyone thinks I'm mafia just because I'm not chiming in every fourth post :)

I went with Daius day 1 for far less reasons than staying alive and him being sketchy. I'll do it again. And if we have a mafia scanner around, come and look at me tonight! Then we can put this to rest.

Eriing is more intentionally misleading the village out of spite. I guess we won't know for sure what Bedlaming is until the game is over.

yeah I guess this is potentially destroying/killing the village out of spite. E.g. like a vigilante killing the guard because he doesn't like him.

Similar vein though. But one is more subtle and diplomatic the other more brute warfare and horror-like.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Eriing: A villager subtly deceiving the village.

Bedlaming: A villager violently attacking the village.

It's official! It was nice to hear some phalla history btw.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    And I'm out. May not be back for the rest of the day. May be back for a lot! We'll see.

Good luck!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

That's why we keep our captain as far from command as possible.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah this game's gonna be super fun to deconstruct once everything's over

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Wait wait wait...I was told there would be free drinks at the back of the ship. Is that not true? Are there no free drinks? If there's no free drinks I will be very disappointed.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

The opposite of the Village win condition

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Wait wait wait...I was told there would be free drinks at the back of the ship. Is that not true? Are there no free drinks? If there's no free drinks I will be very disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHmoSumn0UM

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Daius, if you have something to say, now would be the time.

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Daius

voting him out won't stop whatever he did from happening, though

it didn't stop bedlam

• WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Daius

Someone in the fleet needs to juggle to boost morale.

XStly.jpg
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

The opposite of the Village win condition

So I'm just going to assume that all feds will be suicidal from this point on because it sounds like they still win if the fleet goes up in flames. Besides dying is the opposite of surviving. =P

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Daius

He hasn't been responding that I've seen, and has no business at the GG helm. Also I am away with no chance in hell to catch up more with current events.

PSN: Honkalot
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Daius

liEt3nH.png