As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wireless Lounge/Tetris DS Tourney Question

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
I notice that the wireless lounge is new this year and host to a number of handheld tournaments, including Tetris DS. Are these tournaments only open to those who own the system/game involved or will there be demo units available for use during these tournaments. (I wish to crush people with my mad tetris skills, however lack a DS for which to do so :P )

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2006
    It will only be available to those that bring their own system. Good question tho.

-Robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    This is why I enjoy reading the PAX forums, threads like this. Asking questions about PAX which I never thought of before.

I mean, without thinking about it, I always ASSUMED that you'd have to bring your own.

And if it does turn out that no DS's will be supplied, do you think the tourney administrators will let us try to share amongst our friends?

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    So is this where we start taunting one another in order to build up antagonism for the upcoming tetris match?

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited July 2006
    I think so.

Ahem.

There will come a day where you will no longer be of this earth.

You're going to go down.

My foot will come in contact with your buttox at high velocity.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Previous instances in which I professed to like you were false.

But seriously, the only time I have lost at tetris was at about 50 rounds at a lan against 4 people rotating in & out against me. Or to my sister, because she plays dirty.

Its on!

jenelle on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I have waged war against BigRed, Khoo, and various other people I know from my local lan group and other forums.

They have all witnessed my power and in doing so, had their souls sucked through the ds screens as their powers were added to my own.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

333-708-158-890

(I should probably point out that the chances I'll be taking part in the tournament are extremely slim, just because I have other duties).

David Coffman on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'll let a small number of people use my Lite for Tetris and Prime Pinball, but no touching my shiny Mario Kart.

Edit: As for smack talk, I'll claim to be the best in the world at Metroid Pinball, and the Luigi's Mansion track of Mario Kart. That is all.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I have a score of 64 million in Tallon Overworld.

Do you have that beat?

David Coffman on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    75 Mil.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Grrrrrrrr.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    75 Mil.

Hard mode or regular?

Also, It sounds like its going to be based on the multiplayer table. How else could we find out who is the best?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    While we're talking about Metroid Prime Pinball...

I've never played the multi-player against anybody. Is it similar to the practice stuff you can play while you're waiting for other players to join?

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I have to say, i'm thinking of picking up a DS Lite. I was a tad jealous of all the DS action going on last year and it's probably going to be even more insane this year!

The only sucky thing is that it's not every day this many gamers, and their DS's get together like this. A crying shame... =o)

Aerophis on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'll have my DS. Looks like I'll need to get Tetris. After going to PAX last year my brother finally understood he made a mistake getting the PSP and now has a DS.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Without creating a debate over this, which I'm not trying to do, I think there will be a lot more people with PSP's at PAX this year as the PSP has been out for quite a bit longer now. Last year it was still pretty new.

Either way, I'm tempted to run out and pick up a DS right now... Ugh though, pefectly good money that could be going towards Wii...

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Except for all the penis pictures it was nice to have a pico chat commentary during the different sessions.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, ha, I remember that. Yeah, I think I have to go out and buy a DS. I want one waaaay too bad. Even if I'll hardly ever use it. It will just be way too fun to have at PAX.

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    All I can say is, whenever I open up PictoChat, if I don't see a barrage of penises, I will be severely disappointed. There should be a dedicated Penis channel.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    You know Dave, it's nice to see that you set your needs so high!

Don't forget the crude boob pictures too!

Aerophis on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Aerophis wrote:

Considering how many people had ds's last year (as I've stated before) I'm betting more then 50% of all pax attendants will have a ds. and I'll have to get the new super mario just for the wireless games to play.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Aerophis wrote:

This should be a whole other tournament.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    DiscoDave wrote:
    Aerophis wrote:

This should be a whole other tournament.

LOL! Hells yeah! =oP I would be careful what you wish, it may just come true....

Be careful, if some conservatives hear about this they'll probably try and sue Nintendo for their hardware being capable of explicit entertainment. Hot Pax maybe??? ut oh...

Aerophis on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I plan to challenge anyone and everyone to Calculations x 30 in the Wireless Lounge.

The only one I fear is Khoo because he does math for a living.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2006
    sure i'll take you on.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    DiscoDave wrote:
    All I can say is, whenever I open up PictoChat, if I don't see a barrage of penises, I will be severely disappointed. There should be a dedicated Penis channel.

How about Chat Room A, Chat Room B and Chat Room C? C for cock.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    DiscoDave wrote:

A for Anus(Goatsee, And i'm avoiding A now), B for Boobs, C for cocks.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    DiscoDave wrote:

And D for dicks (overflow from C)

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    JoahW wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:
    DiscoDave wrote:

And D for dicks (overflow from C)

20050902h.jpg

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Yup, that's pretty much how the chat rooms go.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Okay, since that other thread got locked, I'm bumping this one.

Rules for the official Tetris DS tourney/other handheld tourneys scheduled throughout PAX?

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Wow, the abcd theory is genius. What did our youth do before the construct of Picto Chat and all its glory? X)

So, who challenges me to a Picto Chat Tic Tac Toe tournament. If it sweetens the pot one of us can use boobs and the other penis...

lol

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Rules for the official Tetris DS tourney/other handheld tourneys scheduled throughout PAX?

Secondeded

What are we playing? Standard, push, etc. I need to know what to brush up on.

jenelle on
  • Options
    RedBeastMageRedBeastMage Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    jenelle wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:

Secondeded

Second that question. I would also like to know whats the planned tournement style so I can get to some more practicing

(ps. Hey there jenelle, remember me?)

RedBeastMage on
    I swear, I'm retiring from any game with the word 'Revolution" in the title. I must be the only person who breathed a sigh of relief at not being called for the Omegathon this year.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    jenelle wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:

Secondeded

Second that question. I would also like to know whats the planned tournement style so I can get to some more practicing

Hey Jerseyman, why aren't you riding in the Supertrip, hmmmmm.

On a topic related note, I went and got a DS just for this tourney, so yeah more Tetris tourney info would be appreciated. :P

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    jenelle wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:

Secondeded

On a topic related note, I went and got a DS just for this tourney, so yeah more Tetris tourney info would be appreciated. :P

We should keep bumping this until we get banned or get answers.

Also, added your friend code, Moe. I'd like to see people I'm up against beforehand.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    jenelle wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:

Secondeded

Also, added your friend code, Moe. I'd like to see people I'm up against beforehand.

Same here, let's get it on, right here, right now!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    jenelle wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:

Secondeded

Same here, let's get it on, right here, right now!

Can we get it on in about 30-45 minutes? I'm technically at work and I technically shouldn't be using the company network for wifi.

Although I technically shouldn't be posting at PA, either.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    haha, whenever you're ready, shoot me an e-mail at moe.fwacky@gmail.com and we'll do this

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2006
    I would post my friend code but I'm totally lazy right now. I'll be playing tonight though so BE PREPARED!

edit: Apparently I'm more bored than lazy.

jenelle on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    jenelle wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:

Secondeded

Push is the real test of who is better then who. I *HOPE* its not standard. The way the computer places the junk underneath is pretty lame imho.

Viscountalpha on