As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Cosplay?

2»

• Options
    MantisMantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I had a plan that was less in line of Cosplay and more just being a hideous fanboy for my oldest love in gaming.

I was and am possibly still planning on dressing up as a NOD soldier or officer from the C&C series. Simple Black BDU pants, some Black boots, black BDU shirt with the NOD symbol on the shoulder, cap with the NOD symbol.

My friend Calum was debating going as a GDI soldier, and we could have an epic battle, and/or just chill and be fanboys. (chilling is more likely, epic battles are not received well)

Mantis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FTVFTV Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmm, I'm pretty torn. My friend got me a pretty fly Ken (from Street Fighter) costume that I wore last year and I feel like it's just gone to waste since then so I kind of have an urge to bring it this year... but then again it brought attention that made me feel like a whore... Maybe I'll bring it and if I get drunk or the mood strikes me I'll wear it but only for a short time. I'll have to see if my friend will bring his Ryu costume too so I don't end up lonely.

FTV on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    FTV wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm pretty torn. My friend got me a pretty fly Ken (from Street Fighter) costume that I wore last year and I feel like it's just gone to waste since then so I kind of have an urge to bring it this year... but then again it brought attention that made me feel like a whore... Maybe I'll bring it and if I get drunk or the mood strikes me I'll wear it but only for a short time. I'll have to see if my friend will bring his Ryu costume too so I don't end up lonely.

I will allow it, as long as you and your friend get drunk and Kung-fu fight.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mantis wrote: »
    I had a plan that was less in line of Cosplay and more just being a hideous fanboy for my oldest love in gaming.

I was and am possibly still planning on dressing up as a NOD soldier or officer from the C&C series. Simple Black BDU pants, some Black boots, black BDU shirt with the NOD symbol on the shoulder, cap with the NOD symbol.

My friend Calum was debating going as a GDI soldier, and we could have an epic battle, and/or just chill and be fanboys. (chilling is more likely, epic battles are not received well)

After reading this, I realized I own a set of black BDUs. I might steal this idea.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    artificeartifice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    All be cross dressing as a princess all weekend 0.0

artifice on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    artifice wrote: »
    DO NOT WANT!

FTV on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Tonkka wrote: »
    FTV wrote: »

I will allow it, as long as you and your friend get drunk and Kung-fu fight.

By the way, I'm thinking of getting real karate sparring gloves instead of wrapping my hands again. Anyone in the know on karate things that can tell from this picture what kind of gloves specifically I should get?

hdstreetfighter_sm.jpg

(I sure am glad I gained at least a little muscle, exposing my chest is awkward enough.)

FTV on
  • Options
    ThelloThello Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    artifice wrote: »
    Don't do this.

Thello on
  • Options
    MantisMantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    HotSake wrote: »
    After reading this, I realized I own a set of black BDUs. I might steal this idea.

I'll get the patches made, you give me halfsies and I'll hook you up with some patches, we can start an army. LONG LIVE KANE!

Mantis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I definitely think you should cosplay if you like it. There will be plenty of people. Sure they are the minority, but we are talking about a minority in thousands of attendees. Plenty of people have dressed up at PAX every year (I know because I have been to every one). Both guys and girls do it too.

I say if it is something you like to do, go for it, and ignore what the naysayers say. They are just jealous they don't know how to make good costumes :)

I, for one, will be cosplaying as a nerd.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I agree :) and btw does anyone remember the two girls cosplaying as nurse, ninja, and pirate from last year? They changed costume each day.

atray on
  • Options
    ThelloThello Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They are just jealous they don't know how to make good costumes :)
    If it makes the creepy anime fans feel better, yeah, that's it.

Thello on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Thello wrote: »

Yeah see, the nay-sayers can't even form intelligible sentences so don't worry about what they think. If you wanna cosplay just do it, but it doesn't hurt to put effort into your costume either.

FTV on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I say make it video game related. Then everyone will be down. I think it would be lame/weird if you came as Naruto or something. Save that for Sakura-Con. Bring on the VG Cosplay! Bonus points if it is a PA character.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Here is what I will look like in my costume:

img0006mf8.th.jpg

img0004lb0.th.jpg

I am newsboy from New Arcadia. I will be handing out the Steampunk 'Zine being crafted here:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=22377

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    BacksliderBackslider Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Still unsure if I'm going to cosplay.

But I'll bring my Dante costume anyways in case I feel like I should wear it. :]

Backslider on
  • Options
    kazuokazuo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thello wrote: »

Says the guy attending a video game convention.

Look, I don't care for cosplayers at all, but if the "rules" of the expo don't specifically ban cosplaying, I say go for it, and let it be.

kazuo on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Unfortunately, I cannot afford to cosplay this year, Damn car breaking... But I think i'll come as an Organization Unknown next year.

Nephirij on
This discussion has been closed.