As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We do not [chat] with terrorists.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    i like the feeling when youre hot and you get a cold glass of water and you can feel it running down into you

yep

you make it sound pretty grossly erotic, though.

he has a lot of practice

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    i like the feeling when youre hot and you get a cold glass of water and you can feel it running down into you

yep

you make it sound pretty grossly erotic, though.

agree on the erotic thing, not on the gross thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    @nexuscrawler and others

how is Endless Space?

its a pretty damn well done 4x game

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    naw dogg pelagius said shit like dis back then

No he didn't. That is seeing a minor commonality between Pelagianism and post-awakening American protestantism and then assuming they were exactly the same in all senses.

no, it isn't. i haven't said a thing about post-awakening american protestantism. you're seizing on a single phrase and going to town with it.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    this sounds like a book you shouldn't bother reading

i've been really enjoying the books otherwise. this is the only offensive thing i've read in like 1,500+ pages.

i dunno. i am a sucker for roman legionaries and spartans and hoplites and shit. i remember really liking this as a teen.

Weren't you also a lolbertarian as a teen?

that doesn't mean everything i liked was bad!

it kinda does, brah!

that's dumb

• Options
    also this book sounds like total shit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    i wandered past a television showing wimbledon, and in that moment they were showing a slow-motion serena williams shot. i realised i could see the striation and separate parts of all 3 segments of her deltoid.

and i realised that i really wanted to draw her from life because that is pretty amazing musculature on a woman

then i was liek wat

I swear you were going to say vagina.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options

i've been really enjoying the books otherwise. this is the only offensive thing i've read in like 1,500+ pages.

i dunno. i am a sucker for roman legionaries and spartans and hoplites and shit. i remember really liking this as a teen.

it kinda does, brah!

that's dumb

don't get mad at me for how the world works

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Kagera wrote: »
    80% of the us anti-biotic supply is used on factory farm animals. A quarter of samples of cow chicken and pig meat contains anti-biotic resistant bacteria.

That's really fucked up.

It is more fucked up that the USDA realized this was bad and started to stop it in THE SEVENTIES. Then stopped.

FUCK THE WORLD.

The free market will save us!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

it kinda does, brah!

that's dumb

can't tell if serious...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Have you folks heard of the Society for Indecency to Naked Animals?

Love this bit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_for_Indecency_to_Naked_Animals

A nude horse is a rude horse!

• Options

it kinda does, brah!

that's dumb

windmills do not work that way

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The Skystone is a historical fiction novel written by Jack Whyte, which was first published in 1992. The story is told by a Roman Officer called Publius Varrus, who is an expert blacksmith as well as a soldier. In the early fifth century, amid the violent struggles between the people of Britain and the invading Saxons, Picts and Scots, he and his former General, Caius Britannicus, forge the government and military system that will become known as the Round Table, and initiate a chain of events that will lead to the coronation of the High King known as Arthur.

It was good when I was a teenager.

4 Paws out of 5 Caveman Paws

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

No he didn't. That is seeing a minor commonality between Pelagianism and post-awakening American protestantism and then assuming they were exactly the same in all senses.

no, it isn't. i haven't said a thing about post-awakening american protestantism. you're seizing on a single phrase and going to town with it.

Are you saying you inserted the phrase "personal relationship with god" or does it appear in the book? Because hell yeah I'm going to town with it! Going to get it a nice dinner and maybe it can catch a movie later.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Why CEC, Inc. chose to do this, or do it in this manner, one can only speculate and that is not my place. The fact is I am grateful for the time I have had to do this, to be "Chuck E." -- grateful to God for the appointment and grateful to the people at CEC, Inc. for the opportunity.

But, more than all of that, here's what I know: I am a Christian, and that is all that matters. I am one who believes that salvation (from sin, God's judgment, and hell) is found in no other name under heaven but the risen Lord and Savior and returning King, Jesus Christ. And, if being the voice of Chuck E. Cheese for any length of time has meant anything to me, it was never about a paycheck because God will always provide for His children in one way or another. No. What it was about, what my sincere hope is that you -- you Fans, you parents, and all you kids who have loved Chuck E. Cheese over the years -- have seen, heard, or experienced Jesus Christ in and through my life in some way. For He is all that matters, now and for all eternity. I hope that you have seen Christ in me. I hope that He touched your life through mine in some special way and, if that happened, then I was doing my one true real job, which is sharing Him with all of you.

Regardless then of how all this has transpired, God is faithful and worth of praise. He knows the good plans he has for this man and His people everywhere. And, I'm just a little teeny spec in that big, beautiful picture! I trust Him, rejoice in Him, and will continue looking to Him for His guidance, provision, and everything else, and I want to encourage all of you to do the same because He will never fail or forsake you. I am looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store and will continue to press toward the mark of His high calling. To God alone be the glory and honor and praise forever through His Son, the only Lord and Savior, the only true hope for mankind, Jesus Christ!

Warmest Regards,

Duncan Brannan

Former Voice of Chuck E. Cheese
    Forever Child of God through Christ Jesus

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    my jambalaya is in the oven

i dont really like sausage or bell peppers

i have a feeling i am going to hate this

• Options

Are you saying you inserted the phrase "personal relationship with god" or does it appear in the book? Because hell yeah I'm going to town with it! Going to get it a nice dinner and maybe it can catch a movie later.

dogg you are not making sense

it's hot today, are you getting enough fluids

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i don't know what you guys are arguing about

god isn't real

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Why CEC, Inc. chose to do this, or do it in this manner, one can only speculate and that is not my place. The fact is I am grateful for the time I have had to do this, to be "Chuck E." -- grateful to God for the appointment and grateful to the people at CEC, Inc. for the opportunity.

But, more than all of that, here's what I know: I am a Christian, and that is all that matters. I am one who believes that salvation (from sin, God's judgment, and hell) is found in no other name under heaven but the risen Lord and Savior and returning King, Jesus Christ. And, if being the voice of Chuck E. Cheese for any length of time has meant anything to me, it was never about a paycheck because God will always provide for His children in one way or another. No. What it was about, what my sincere hope is that you -- you Fans, you parents, and all you kids who have loved Chuck E. Cheese over the years -- have seen, heard, or experienced Jesus Christ in and through my life in some way. For He is all that matters, now and for all eternity. I hope that you have seen Christ in me. I hope that He touched your life through mine in some special way and, if that happened, then I was doing my one true real job, which is sharing Him with all of you.

Regardless then of how all this has transpired, God is faithful and worth of praise. He knows the good plans he has for this man and His people everywhere. And, I'm just a little teeny spec in that big, beautiful picture! I trust Him, rejoice in Him, and will continue looking to Him for His guidance, provision, and everything else, and I want to encourage all of you to do the same because He will never fail or forsake you. I am looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store and will continue to press toward the mark of His high calling. To God alone be the glory and honor and praise forever through His Son, the only Lord and Savior, the only true hope for mankind, Jesus Christ!

Warmest Regards,

Duncan Brannan

How many kids did he rape? <--- first thought to spring to mind after reading the above

• Options

it kinda does, brah!

that's dumb

It doesn't mean all your opinions are bad just most of them.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i don't know what you guys are arguing about

god isn't real

shut up elldrendil

no sock puppets

sig.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Smite is really growing on me.

Right now I'm playing a lot of Sobek, the Egyptian crocodile god.

He has a charge that then flips the target enemy hero over my shoulder, Singed-style.

And then a knockback to knock them even further back.

And then they're in the middle of my team.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

the phrase is a shibboleth

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

Is it andouille sausage?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Warmest Regards,

Duncan Brannan

How many kids did he rape? <--- first thought to spring to mind after reading the above

Nah, he got canned so they could go with a cgi mouse with a guitar.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh my god why is she dressed as Frederick Douglass

• Options
    Kagera wrote: »

it kinda does, brah!

that's dumb

It doesn't mean all your opinions are bad just most of them.

some might accidentally is good

for instance you may have thought mexican food was neat but for all the wrong reasons.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    @nexuscrawler and others

how is Endless Space?

It is really really great, really great.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options

Warmest Regards,

Duncan Brannan

Nah, he got canned so they could go with a cgi mouse with a guitar.

I apologise, my mistake.

How many kids did the man in the mouse suit rape?

• Options
    edited July 2012

the phrase is a shibboleth

shibboleth shmibboleth. a phrase has the meaning and weight of whatever we want it to mean and weigh, so long as the speaker and listener are in concert. its ascendance to define a movement or class doesn't disqualify it from other use.

Organichu on
  • Options
    anyway i liked many good things when i was a teenager

i am thinking maybe this series wasn't one of them, the deeper i get into my reread

but i liked lots of good stuff for good reasons

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Man there is something about the Tate which seems to inspire bizarre shit

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2012/jul/07/protesters-turbine-blade-tate-modern

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    wait what in the fuck cables should I be sticking into an ssd? It's got a really flat connector (which comes from the psu) and a right angle connector (from the mobo) going into it but there's still an empty slot on the drive

it's an ocz which came with literally zero documentation!

Tav on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    i am having a medium rare steak tonight in support for our new all american middleweight champion

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

i am thinking maybe this series wasn't one of them, the deeper i get into my reread

pffffft

name one thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Tav wrote: »
    wait what in the fuck cables should I be sticking into an ssd? It's got a really flat connector (which comes from the psu) and a right angle connector (from the mobo) going into it but there's still an empty slot on the drive

it's an ocz which came with literally zero documentation!
    2 cables; 1 SATA and 1 power

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    american middleweight

contradicktion

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Is it andouille sausage?

yep

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2012
    @nexuscrawler and others

how is Endless Space?

hmmmm

better than Sword of the Stars? 4x is one of my favorite genres

Dynagrip on
  • Options

pffffft

name one thing

pussy

This discussion has been closed.