As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wireless Lounge/Tetris DS Tourney Question

2»

• Options
    Lazyboy013086Lazyboy013086 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Not alot of PSP talk going on in this thread.

Who is gonna be playing Lumines with me? remember last year's threat from the shadows..... GUMP!! that guy beat the shit out of me.

but not this year. I've practiced all year and now I think I can take him.

Lazyboy013086 on
    I'm watching you like Celery, yeah i'm stalking...lol.
  • Options
    RedBeastMageRedBeastMage Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    jenelle wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Rules for the official Tetris DS tourney/other handheld tourneys scheduled throughout PAX?

Secondeded

What are we playing? Standard, push, etc. I need to know what to brush up on.

Second that question. I would also like to know whats the planned tournement style so I can get to some more practicing

(ps. Hey there jenelle, remember me?)

Hey Jerseyman, why aren't you riding in the Supertrip, hmmmmm.

On a topic related note, I went and got a DS just for this tourney, so yeah more Tetris tourney info would be appreciated. :P

Not doing ccsupertrip because i can't get the extra days off work. Would love to if could have though. Road trips 4tw.

RedBeastMage on
    I swear, I'm retiring from any game with the word 'Revolution" in the title. I must be the only person who breathed a sigh of relief at not being called for the Omegathon this year.
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2006
    Push is the real test of who is better then who. I *HOPE* its not standard. The way the computer places the junk underneath is pretty lame imho.
    *Cringe*

imo, Push is fundamentally broken. You get these open areas, both players build up, and then it's a game of who can stall the longest without plugging the hole, because the first person to do that sets the other up for 17 tetrises.

It doesn't happen every game, but it still happens pretty darn often. Those are the games where you never drop the peices, you slowly watch them fall, and then rotate, then swap out the storage just hoping to outlive your oponent.

Pretty lame game, imo. Standard is a lot more fun, imo.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    DiscoDave wrote:
    Push is the real test of who is better then who. I *HOPE* its not standard. The way the computer places the junk underneath is pretty lame imho.
    *Cringe*

imo, Push is fundamentally broken. You get these open areas, both players build up, and then it's a game of who can stall the longest without plugging the hole, because the first person to do that sets the other up for 17 tetrises.

It doesn't happen every game, but it still happens pretty darn often. Those are the games where you never drop the peices, you slowly watch them fall, and then rotate, then swap out the storage just hoping to outlive your oponent.

Pretty lame game, imo. Standard is a lot more fun, imo.

In the words of the internets--Your doing it wrong.

Push mode is about pure skill. Tetris's are nice and all but not reasonable in a good match. If your clearly have a better attack style, Faster at sorting out parts and landing your "punches" you will beat most people out there.(online wifi)
    Most matches end up being who can pull off double/triple combos usually. You DON'T let an opponent even have a chance to hit you with a tetris really.
    So I disagree completely(Agreeing to disagree). Push mode is better because of purity and not random junk being pushed underneath. Oh and the attack delay is lame as well. Attack-- a few seconds-- counter.
    BLAH!

IMHO though IMHO.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Handheld tourney rules?

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg