As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Pre-PAX Board Game Meetups?

BerylliumBeryllium Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX Archive
I don't remember the name of the fellow who organized the games at the Sheraton last time, but I have fond memories of playing the Battlestar Galactica board game despite having no clue how the series actually went. Are we up for this again?

zerzhul on

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    It was organized by @Gene Parmesan. I IMed him a few weeks back to see if he was coordinating again but haven't heard anything. Signs point to nobody's organized it yet.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Luckily there isn't much to organize. Basically just say "anyone who's going to be around Thursday evening, come play games in the Sheraton" and that's all that's needed. So, you're already almost done. Enough people will be around and wanting to play games that it would happen even without an official posting. But this way people can discuss what they're going to bring.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    Please feel free to join the PAX Forumers Seattle Facebook group. We sometimes organize boardgame fun at the Sheraton.

• Options
    punzie wrote: »
    Luckily there isn't much to organize. Basically just say "anyone who's going to be around Thursday evening, come play games in the Sheraton" and that's all that's needed. So, you're already almost done. Enough people will be around and wanting to play games that it would happen even without an official posting. But this way people can discuss what they're going to bring.

Last year Gene actually did a formal organization - tracked who was playing what, how many seats were available, etc... It's not really necessary but people may be looking for that type of thread again this year.

• Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    If I brought Dicecapades, would anyone be up for playing? I will be at the pre pax dinner and don't mind bringing it if I know ahead of time 2-4 other people are up for playing :)

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    jclemyjclemy Registered User regular
    I joined in on this last year and it was one of the most fun parts of the weekend!

• Options
    CodeMonkey76CodeMonkey76 Software Developer Orem, UTRegistered User regular
    I know we're staying in the Sheraton and plan on bringing a few games for playing, either Thursday night, or any other late night.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I'd like to run an old-school Risk game, that is if we can get @nuka there. She apparently hasn't played before.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »

Last year Gene actually did a formal organization - tracked who was playing what, how many seats were available, etc... It's not really necessary but people may be looking for that type of thread again this year.

That would be great to see what people are bringing! At East you kind of had to just wander around and ask if there were any open seats. Worked just fine though.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Cookie Brigade Represent! I'll be at the Sheraton Board Game Meetup for cookie drop off and stein pickup. Since I'll pretty much be table bound all night, I'd be happy to act as a check-in point if someone else wants to organize it.

Also, the board game meetup is a great place for cookie distribution - if any board gamers are also brigadiers, consider spending an hour doing distribution there too! :)

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    BombClancy wrote: »
    If I brought Dicecapades, would anyone be up for playing? I will be at the pre pax dinner and don't mind bringing it if I know ahead of time 2-4 other people are up for playing :)

If you bring it, I'm in for giving it a go! Sounds like one I'd like to try!

We plan on bringing our "Cards Against Humanity" as well.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I will not be at Prime this year. LexiconGrrl is the person to talk to about the meetups. Have a great time and tip that poor haggled waiter.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I may bring Sunrise City and Chaos in the Old World as I've been playing both of those a lot recently.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    @Beryllium: I found the old thread (2011 thread) in case you were interested in organizing it. I love seeing all the games listed like that.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Planning is now underway in this thread, so this one's going to be locked now. Divert your attention that way.

E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.