As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iOS Games: There's a Zombie on your In-App Purchase.

• Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    Super Ox Wars is out! The first vertical polarity shooter from Llamasoft. Of course it features their goofy sense of humor, plenty of oxen, and incredibly tight arcade gameplay. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I wish I could get Summoner Wars to install. :(

It looks like they got the install issues ironed out, seemed to install fine for me on Saturday.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Thanks @SirUltimos for the Where's My Water? code. Jumped on it for the first few levels last night before bed and it's a pretty neat game.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Downloaded Strikefleet Omega the other day. It's a pretty damn fun take on tower defense/RTS and is free, but the jury is still out on the necessity of IAP to beat the game. Toucharcade still gave it a very good review, and reviews on iTunes vary from, "IAP ruins this game" to "I didn't need IAP to beat this."

It's free, so what's to lose?
    http://toucharcade.com/2012/06/28/strikefleet-omega-review/
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strikefleet-omega/id520359912?mt=8

Spellsword is free right now too, which doesn't currently have a ton of content but I definitely had a lot of fun with it for 0 bucks. Looks like they have a placeholder for future content though, so I would pick it up now if you're at all interested.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spellsword/id498685137?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=2

I'll also back Where's My Water? as a great, great game. Tons of content for only $1. Where's My Perry? is pretty much the sequel, just as good.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »
    I wish I could get Summoner Wars to install. :(

It looks like they got the install issues ironed out, seemed to install fine for me on Saturday.

I did get it eventually. It's a bit crashy, likely because I'm on an iPad 1, but generally runs well.

I bought the everything bundle compulsively so people should challenge me to games. I'm admanjb, and I have no idea how to play.

• Options
    wakaranaiwakaranai Registered User regular
    This isn't a game, but I thought some of you may be interested! This is a Python interpreter that just went free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/python-for-ios/id485729872?mt=8

I only know the basics of the language, but it seems to be a good download for those trying to learn it!

• Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    I got excited because I saw there was an update for Cut the Rope: Experiments. New levels, yeah!

Then I found out they just added IAP for "superpowers" which will help you beat levels. Barf.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Hey folks, Vroom! the iOS game made with UDK by me and @Remington and @peterdevore is free now. Feel free to go run guys over!

Runs best (60fps usually) on iPad 2/3 and iPhone 4S. It's capable of getting a solid 30FPS even on the 3GS, in theory, but there is a bug we've been meaning to fix that makes it pretty laggy on slower devices right now.

Hope ya'll enjoy it.

I got instantly interested as soon as I saw the screens.
    They kinda remind me of your mod.
    Downloading it now!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Yeah it uses a lot of the same assets including some Captain K voice acting :)

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Apparently Tiny Wings 2 is not a sequel, its an update to the original game. Source.

That means if you own the original Tiny Wings, you get this updated version for free, including retina quality graphics, and a new racing mode.

Not too shabby.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Speaking with TouchArcade, Andreas Illiger, the sole developer of Tiny Wings, said that he wanted to release a free update instead of a sequel "because then my fans will be happy on the release day when they see that the sequel isn't a seperate app and they will get it for free. I worked on the 2.0 version for the last 12 months and everyone told me I should make a seperate app out of it and sell it again (because it is almost a new game and I would earn a lot more money). It was a heavy decision for me to give away this new version for free but it feels right..."

Wow. I want to buy this guy a drink.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

So I played it, and it looks amazing, and runs fine on my 4s
    but I didn't like the tilt turning much. I had a hard time steering the truck. Don't know if that's just me sucking at ios racing, though.

Just wanted to give you my 2 cents :) I really liked the game, overall.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    I agree. What a class act. I was going to buy the iPad version anyway but now I feel like I'd do it even if I didn't have an iPad, just to support the guy.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Anyone picked up Pocket Heroes yet? the asynchronous multiplayer RPG. I haven't played a game on it yet but am registered as Adda.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular

So I played it, and it looks amazing, and runs fine on my 4s
    but I didn't like the tilt turning much. I had a hard time steering the truck. Don't know if that's just me sucking at ios racing, though.

Just wanted to give you my 2 cents :) I really liked the game, overall.

Thanks man! Yeah another option besides tilt for turning is one of the things we had planned but haven't got around to yet.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Adda wrote: »
    Anyone picked up Pocket Heroes yet? the asynchronous multiplayer RPG. I haven't played a game on it yet but am registered as Adda.
    What's the deal with Pocket Heroes? It sounds interesting.

You take turns moving your characters and doing attacks and the like. Then the monsters take their turn and so on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You take turns moving your characters and doing attacks and the like. Then the monsters take their turn and so on.
    OK, downloading now. I'm jdarksun in GameCenter.

Appears to have their own login system so not sure if gamecenter is needed over than for achievements.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OK, downloading now. I'm jdarksun in GameCenter.

Tell me if it's any good. I don't typically pay for games on iOS, but this sounds cool and I'd be willing with a good recommendation.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I started an adventure with Adda. It looks like we an have a party of 4 - anybody else interested?

@jdarksun

You can add @Louie on gamecenter name Louiee he has it as well and would be cool to have more people as currently I'm just running a 2 man game with you and one with him. Not sure if you can add to an existing game so if we can get 4 of us we should decide on classes and start a new one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    also I can't see my characters anymore and am getting spammed with error messages. Hopefully this is temporary.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the update today for Tiny Wing's "2". It reaffirms my love for this platform. Where else can you buy a game for 99c and get hours upon hours of enjoyment and huge content updates for free?

I gotta say though, he really should have released it as a new game. I would have paid. I've never done a Kickstarter or "pay what you want" donation before, but I almost wish he had a donation page because I'd shoot a dollar his way no question.

Regardless, he's a great guy and people like him are what makes video games so wonderful. I can't wait to get home so I can actually download the update and see what goodies he gave us.

EDIT: I went to his website and shot him a thank you e-mail for being so awesome. If anyone else wants to, here's the link:

http://www.andreasilliger.com/contact.php

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I started an adventure with Adda. It looks like we an have a party of 4 - anybody else interested?
    @jdarksun

You can add @Louie on gamecenter name Louiee he has it as well and would be cool to have more people as currently I'm just running a 2 man game with you and one with him. Not sure if you can add to an existing game so if we can get 4 of us we should decide on classes and start a new one.
    Added!

@kime, wanna join us?

I won't be able to for another few hours, still. So if you guys all get on or get a different fourth, then go on ahead. I haven't bought the game yet, so it's not like I will be hurt if you don't wait :P

Edit: Actually, I'll probably pass for now, won't really have the time in the coming days. Let me know how it goes, though, I'm still curious how fun it is. I like the concept.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Louie is out tonight so not playing right now and we can have multiple games on the go :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Where else can you buy a game for 99c and get hours upon hours of enjoyment and huge content updates for free?
    Steam?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Where else can you buy a game for 99c and get hours upon hours of enjoyment and huge content updates for free?
    Steam?

It has taken a while, but I think that we are seeing the lower prices that were hoped for when digital distribution started becoming a "thing." I really appreciate that with both Steam and the iOS App Store, pricing is generally low in favor of volume, except with niche products.

Also, Tiny Wings 2 as a free upgrade? Super classy gent. If you haven't bought it, you should, if only because I don't have any other way of giving him more money, so I want to give him your money :)

Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    So what's the word on Pocket Heroes? I'm interested in picking it up, but is it fun?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So what's the word on Pocket Heroes? I'm interested in picking it up, but is it fun?

A bit buggy and haven't actually got through much but there is potential there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ugh. Summoner Wars crashes on my iPad 1 every time I get a Game Center notification. Don't think I'll end up playing much of that game...

• Options

Updates on your thoughts would be nice. The concept sounds amazing...

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    kime wrote: »

Updates on your thoughts would be nice. The concept sounds amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hRi3Lu0lpA

That trailer is "old" but it looks pretty much identical to the screenshots on the store. They didn't bother with animations afterall? :( Don't know if want.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm OK with a lack of graphics, etc. It's moreso how well it runs, and if it's actually any fun.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Oh screw it, I'm home now so buying it! It's only a dollar.

Sorry for the double-post, wanted to get the notifications in to @jdarksun and @Adda.

My GameCenter name is pelru

Steam profile
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Anybody wanna add game center Xaviar21 for some pocket heroing?

That was fast. You starting the game or me? Hopefully you cause I don't have any other friends

Xaviar on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Xaviar wrote: »
    Anybody wanna add game center Xaviar21 for some pocket heroing?

That was fast. You starting the game or me? Hopefully you cause I don't have any other friends

I am fast!

I started a game with you and @jdarksun. Let's get some practice in! (I've never played)

I have theoretically made my first move and attacked a wolf? Now waiting for you guys?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Ah! I have done the same. Now watch me get eaten by said wolf.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    So my GC is dracilcegon. I'd like to play some Pocket Heroes.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    I am shocked at how much I'm enjoying playing Max Payne on my iPad. It controls pretty well once you customize the controls and the frame rate is solid. It's obviously not as nice as controlling it with a KBAM or even a controller, but it works. Just be sure to turn off the auto contrast adjust; it makes the game look like shit.

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    @jdarksun I clicked accept on your invite but somehow it must have deleted it.

Have now sent you a friend requet

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    @jdarksun I've just added pelru so as soon as accepted I will host a game.

I will go for the priest character for our group :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @jdarksun I've just added pelru so as soon as accepted I will host a game.

I will go for the priest character for our group :)
    I'm ready. If we're going to keep playing our 2P game, I don't have a thief or priestess yet. If not, I'd like to play a mech.

I'd prefer mech or thief. Can you see what others have chosen?

Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.