As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] When in doubt, Hornswoggle

• Options
    DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    PWInsider reported that WWE has offered a contract to Sara Del Rey. Rejoice or something.

Also they signed some Matt Taven fellow.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see her get a small push and then be jobbing to Kelly Kelly a few months later.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    this is a very good thing, and hopefully it's the start of a trend

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see her get a small push and then be jobbing to Kelly Kelly a few months later.

Kelly's gone dude. Jobbing to Layla maybe but at least that should be a good match.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Kelly's gone dude. Jobbing to Layla maybe but at least that should be a good match.

Really, outside of Aksana, Eve and Alicia Fox, most of the Diva roster now actually has some amount of wrestling talent. Those first two are in more manager/non-wrestler positions and... well Alicia Fox may drag the average talent level down quite badly, I will admit.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Here is a complete list of all the indy names signed today and over the weekend to developmental deals with WWE.

-International star PAC was signed to a deal. He is known for his high-flying and is billed as "The Man That Gravity Forgot". He most recently appeared for Dragon Gate in the US and Japan.

-Matt Taven was signed and is going through testing. He worked a dark match at the most recent FCW TV taping and has previously appeared for ROH and DGUSA.

-Sara Del Rey is going through medical testing. She has been one of the top female indy workers of the past several years and has had runs in SHIMMER, CHIKARA and Ring of Honor.

-Mercedes Martinez is also rumored to have been offered a deal after recent WWE tryouts at developmental.

A lot of the top independent talents are being signed as part of Triple H's plan to overhaul the developmental system.

And HHH slowly taking over WWE is a bad thing how now?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Layla is not anything close to a good wrestler. She is better than she used to be but that just means she's gone from shit to incredibly mediocre.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Layla is not anything close to a good wrestler. She is better than she used to be but that just means she's gone from shit to incredibly mediocre.

She put on some good PPV matches since she came back. Except at No Way Out, for some reason both Layla and Beth were off their games that night.

• Options
    layla is okay, i guess

• Options
    edited July 2012

She put on some good PPV matches since she came back. Except at No Way Out, for some reason both Layla and Beth were off their games that night.

Your definition of "good" I now call into question.

"good" does not mean "not awful" it means "good". Layla's best work is still painfully mediocre.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    wirehead's definition of "good" has long been ridiculed

• Options
    I'd like to think I can recognize a good wrestling match. As for my other opinions, I don't consider Ryback's matches "good", not by a long shot but I do think he has a lot of potential and I hope WWE pairs him with a big star soon. If he flops, at least they tried. If it works, they have a new star and they could really use more of those nowadays.

• Options
    ryback matches ARE good, given what they're going for

they're not trying to put on 30 minute iron man matches

• Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Layla is not a great wrestler, but she has the looks and personality to be entertaining. She's far more entertaining than half of the Divas roster.

I'd be willing to bet that if you gave her and Beth 10 minutes, they could put together an entertaining match. Beth dragged a pair of them out of Melina, after all, and Melina was atrocious.

• Options
    Ric Flair will not be wrestling at the JCW Gathering of the Juggalos event. He will host the Main Stage according to JCW announcer Kevin Gill's Twitter. The actual wrestling shows and matches will be announced later

He'll be eaten alive at that event.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    This Bork Laser sculpting session was posted to my bookface feed today.

Also I just downloaded an EWR update from the 7th last night. Expect the intro to W★ANG sometime today.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    While I'm happy that SDR is signing with WWE, it kinda spoils her Chikara Grand Championship match with Eddie Kingston at the end of the month.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    ryback matches ARE good, given what they're going for

they're not trying to put on 30 minute iron man matches

This is a correct statement

Feed him more

• Options
    Are they still making EWR/TEW or are you using an older copy?

• Options
    I love Ryback so much

They tried the same thing with the Funkasaurus but he's basically not intense enough to pull off how dominant he needs to be

my favorite thing about how much he has the character down is how he bobs his head along with his entrance music

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    His entrance taunt is awkward.

• Options
    Ryback needs to change his finisher though. WWE really needs to ease up on some of their move restrictions like the sit-out powerbomb, that move would be perfect for him.

Speaking of that move, why did Batista never perfrom it right? Was it his decision or WWE's?

• Options
    his finisher is fine, especially because it allows him some time to taunt the jobbers he's destroying by marching around

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    STUPID

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    I mean I get why they won't allow piledrivers but I really miss the traditional death valley driver. Yeah it kinda dumps you on your head but why don't they, you know, TRAIN the guys to perform and take it safely?

• Options
    I mean I get why they won't allow piledrivers but I really miss the traditional death valley driver. Yeah it kinda dumps you on your head but why don't they, you know, TRAIN the guys to perform and take it safely?
    because training doesn't guarantee safety??????

mistakes happen, especially at the end of matches when guys are fatigued

• Options

That's true for like every wrestling move.

• Options

That's true for like every wrestling move.

but messing up certain moves is much more likely to cause head trauma

• Options

I'm going with EWR 4.2 to keep things simple. I fully expect this playthrough to crash and burn almost immediately.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I know that was just a moves video (and some of them were repeats IMO), but is there any evidence that PAC is more than just a spot monkey gymnast?

Most of his work in Dragon Gate. The fact that he's dragged good to great matches out of, among other people, Sterling James Keenan (who is very hit and miss, even though I love him to bits), Teddy Hart and Trent Acid during his drugged up and not giving a fuck phase.
    Also there are no bad English wrestlers. This is a fact. >.>

I watched Destination X. It was okay I guess. I definitely approve of both champion choices, especially putting the X-Division belt on Shiima.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

I'm going with EWR 4.2 to keep things simple. I fully expect this playthrough to crash and burn almost immediately.

EWR 4.2 is simple? Where can I get it?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm playing with EWR 4.2 right now.

This shit is not simple.

Granted, the last time I played this it was EW running in a DOS window that had the members of KISS as cheat codes.

Edit: Looking at Wikipedia, it looks like I started with EW 9000 in '98 or '99.

Michelanvalo on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

EWR 4.2 is simple? Where can I get it?

Download link

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Wrestle ★ Alliance National Geographic

So I started off creating the promotion with really humble stats. Imagine it had been funded here and on Kickstarter. We also have a weekly show on PATV called W*ANGseday Night WAR. Name subject to change.

pePcu.png

The first thing that struck me is that we will quickly have no money so the thing I did was go secure some sponsors. Our main sponsor is Sirius Radio with $50,000 per show. Unfortunately the next two highest paying sponsors are Keystone Light and Jack Daniels at $40,000 and $15,000 a piece. With all that cheap beer flowing through our audience we're going to need a sponsor like Urine Gone, I saw that name and picked the fuck out of that. Their pitch line is "Spray it on and it's gone!" I don't know what kind of insane wizards dedicate their time to ridding the world of urine but it's a noble cause and they're giving us $5,000 per show. Also we're lowering the advertising rate to 5%.

Urine-money in hand I went and hired some staff. Now, my unpaid assistant Sophie tells me "On a scale of 1-100 we're looking for people at about a 40." Great. So I snatched up Anne Gogolok and a woman named Tegan as my referees. Tegan has no last name so I can only assume I'm going to be paying her under the table. Thomas Giesen runs our entire production at $14,000 a month and we have a couple writers. Fuck all that though, the best option the game gave me for medical personal is a 33 year old named Booty Bangin' Nurse T. So prepare to see somebody die when they get injured.

Speaking of workers, we need 12 of them. Nobody working under a written contract or with a stat of 51 or more overness will talk to us. So what kind of promotion are we going to put together? Got any specific indie guys we should pick up? Here's a list of the most talented workers we can afford.

edit: even shorter version of the list.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Gotta grab Kenn Doane.

And Matt Bentley.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Sugar Dunkerton all the way.

Although my favorite name out of the huge-ass list was Hardcore Homo Angel.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Slyck Wagner Brown seems like a cool dude.

Oh jesus Angel is so bad.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Funny Bone and TJ Perkins

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Azrael
    Crazy Sexy Mike
    Cyborg Cop
    Giovanni
    Guardian of Truth 1