As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHILD'S PLAY] So chase bank are doing a neat thing

2»

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Done.

Added Jamie's email and name, couldn't find the CP phone number.

Note: be sure to type in "Child's Play" and verify the description/address. There's several others by that name.

• JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Hey, guys. So, additional information here: not every charity on the planet / in the US is eligible for this. They DO have to meet some criteria set forth by Chase, namely:
    Charity Eligibility: All nominated charities must be recognized as a 501(c)(3) public charity in the GuideStar database as of 12/31/11 and have annual operating expenses of less than $10,000,000, and must meet other eligibility requirements found in the full Program Rules.

So, I don't think Red Cross or anything is in this. Also, part of the extended rules states that only charities that haven't gotten money from Chase in the past or something can win this time, so I'm guessing that eliminates a lot of the other big-names. This is supposed to go to small-scale or local charities that really need it, so trust me when I say that there won't be a ton to outdo Child's Play.

Also, I have some more official stuff. @Lewie P's Stepdad, if you see this, can you add it to the OP?
    JUNE 12 - JULY 9
    Nominations

Chase customers and employees nominate their favorite charities to be a part of the program.

* Nominations open on June 12, 2012 and end on July 9, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM, ET.

* Chase customers and employees can nominate as many eligible charities as they like, so think of all the great local organizations around you.

* To start nominating, just go to Chase.com/ChaseGiving

AUGUST

Invitations

After nominations are in, we'll reach out to all of the eligible charities, inviting them to be a part of the program.

* We'll reach out to all of the eligible charities in August.

* All eligible charities will have the opportunity to move on to the voting phase.

* Charities accepting their invitations by Aug. 30 will equally share in an additional $2.5 million in grants

SEPT. 6 - 19

Voting

When voting opens, Chase customers can vote in 2 places- on Chase.com and Facebook. The eligible charities with the most votes will share in $5 million in grants!

* Voting will open on September 6, 2012 and end on September 19, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM, ET.

* 196 eligible charities will share in $5 million in grants.

JackKieser on

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So CP stands to gain anywhee from $25k on up if they win.

Nice.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    JackKieser wrote: »
    Also, I have some more official stuff. @Lewie P's Stepdad, if you see this, can you add it to the OP?

To tag people with multiple words in their name separated by spaces, include quotations after the @ and at the end of the name, like so:
    @"Lewie P's Stepdad"

Sans the semicolon. Not sure why that gets inserted.

edited June 2012
    Thank you so much for teaching me that. Seriously, no sarcasm. I had been trying to figure that out for months. :P

JackKieser on

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    JackKieser wrote: »
    Thank you so much for teaching me that. Seriously, no sarcasm. I had been trying to figure that out for months. :P

Yeah that happens pretty often

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh cool, we get to rail against Rent now?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    You're like 2 days late, Tonkka.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well then, that sounds about right for me.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Man, 1.6k views? That's awesome. We only have a week left to nominate, though! Pimp out this thread, guys! Let's get as many people in on this as possible.

• NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    In!

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Done.

Nominations end tomorrow (7/9/12) at 11:59 PM EST (the one true timezone).

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So the nominations are still just limited to Chase customers, right?

BLM - ACAB
    As of now, they are supposed to be, yes. Some people have reported being able to vote despite not being a current Chase customer, but I cannot speak to the validity of those claims.