As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phantasy Star Online 2 -- Beta Live, 3 Invites Available From Those Already In Game

• TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    http://www.pso2.com/us/html/community.html

A supergiant flying fortress made to be the final line of defence. Can Sonic fend off the relentless chase from Metal Sonic in a high-altitude battle?

A supergiant flying fortress made to be the final line of defence. Can Sonic fend off the relentless chase from Metal Sonic in a high-altitude battle?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The good news is that they intend to release an English version.

The bad news is that it's over half a year out.

The mixed news is that we don't know how they'll be doing the servers yet.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    YESSSSSSS

the only bad thing about this is since like half of the community is already in asian beta, some/most? might not wanna abandon characters

BUT DAS OKAY

WE GOT SOME PSO2

RHAHSDAHDHASHD

J3qcnBP.png
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I have no idea why, but after playing the Closed Beta, I don't feel like playing.

I'm sure it will hit me closer to release.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    PSO2 may make me install Windows on my Mac. I was so addicted to PSO on the Dreamcast it's ridiculous.

I have an unused Vista Business key from a work computer that I had to downgrade to XP Pro, so I may just install Vista.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ZPgxStE4
    Dunno what's with all the flipping going on other than "Japan", but when the latter half of the PSO theme kicked in by the end I didn't care. Man, the wait's gonna be excruciating.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    HUmar: flip flip flip
    HUnewearl: flip flip vault flip
    FOnewearl: vault flip LIGHTNING flip
    RAcast: Fuck that noise I'mma jetboots

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2012
    Kupi wrote: »
    HUmar: flip flip flip
    HUnewearl: flip flip vault flip
    FOnewearl: vault flip LIGHTNING flip
    RAcast: Fuck that noise I'mma jetboots like a BOSS.

Fixed that for you.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    oh man oh man oh man oh man

thank you based god

• V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    Flipping is the only way to portal, as far as I'm concerned.

Now walking? Running? Screw that. JET BOOTS.

Also, 2013 for a release date is a bit of a stretch. Has me worried for content updates and such.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    If we're lucky it'll be worldwide servers and we'll get updates as they come.

If we get Sega's usual timeline for PSO/PSU games in the past, we'll get everything at best 6mo's after the go live in Japan.

Which; whatever, as long as we get all the same updates I don't care about timeframe.

But I'm happy to know that I can safely just wait awhile. I have way to fucking many games right now and throughout the summer as it stands.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

i'm hoping that sega has got their shit together enough between Blue Burst and PSU to realize how stupid it is to not use global servers

but i'm definitely not holding my breath - call me cautiously optimistic

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I maintain that they'd be crazy not to do global servers, because Phantasy Star has always seemed kinda niche. But I didn't do online play in PSO and skipped PSU altogether, so my experience with Sega's online stuff is pretty nonexistent.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    They've always done regional servers for past Phantasy Star games.

I mean, via some shenanigans you could connect to any region, or whatever, but by default regions were always seperate; and if US servers got content Japan got at all, we always got it super late. PSU was notorious for this with 6mo-1yr passing before we'd finally get what had been over there for ages. PSO didn't have the same level of ongoing content, so it wasn't a very big deal; however US content ended effectively with EpII, while Japan got Blue Burst. Well, the US also got "ep 3" which was the weird card game thingy that I never played.

I won't be at all surprised when/if we have regional servers; and that's the primary reason I'm not going to bother with the JP version, even if the fan translation ever gets done.

PSU was a long-ass time ago, though - '06 or so, when they first launched it over here? i can only pray that since then they've learned their lesson a bit

PSU was a long-ass time ago, though - '06 or so, when they first launched it over here? i can only pray that since then they've learned their lesson a bit

SEGA.

SEGA.

YOU'RE NOT HELPING

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Aw, next year? What the fuck.

I mena I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm dying to play this in a language I can read.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So gonna get this. Luvs me some Panty Star.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I'd play this, too.

steam_sig.png
  • GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

I'd play this, too.
    For the longest time I thought that Karen in PSU was just one walking series of panty shots. Turns out on closer inspection :winky: she's just wearing short shorts. Can't say the same for Nei and Rika though, due to form-fitting body suits.

Now PS II's Amy. . . she seems like she'd be the type who wears frilly undies. What does everybody else think? :P And before anybody says anything about derailing the thread, I direct you to the boob physics discussion before. At least I'm trying to stay within the confines of a Phantasy Star discussion. :lol:

Grimthwacker on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

I'd play this, too.

I wouldn't.

• DewgyDewgy Registered User regular
    I have been playing JP PSO2 for a bit now and I do like it but I guess I will stop now that it is coming stateside i dont wish to burn out on it or anything. The Half a year wait is truly painful though.

• Mr.RitzMr.Ritz Registered User regular
    Knowl wrote: »
    This game. I need it.

It is required

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aji0Lcm-GM4

• Mr.RitzMr.Ritz Registered User regular
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    That was just ill-conceived. Costing a business time and money is not the way to get them to take a risk, not to mention it will likely stir up some some unfriendly sentiment in the Japanese player base.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    God dammit. And right after the announcement of the western release, too.

God humans are fucking insufferable twats.

This is just damn embarrassing.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    /double facepalm

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Sega of Japan already has reservations about our dirty hacking squad as is, no need to stir more shit on the brand new game right after they announce it coming to America and Europe.

CheesecakeRecipe on
    edited July 2012
    double post, ignore me

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    According to an interview with Sakai, we're not going to be getting mixed servers. Part of it is the logistics of Arks Cash.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    bluhhhhhh

:/

i hope we at least get updates at a relatively brisk pace

Skeith wrote: »
    According to an interview with Sakai, we're not going to be getting mixed servers. Part of it is the logistics of Arks Cash.

Yeah I kinda thought this was gonna spring up as an issue to having worldwide servers.

Ah well. Whatever. I just want to play, regional servers or no; in english.

bluhhhhhh

:/

i hope we at least get updates at a relatively brisk pace

As long as we get updates at least as often and as big as JP's, I don't mind. (For instance, if we were consistently 6 months behind, that wouldn't be so bad)

• astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    I'm giving up on playing PSO2 until the Vita version comes out. Every time I try playing it on my Windows partition, something goes wrong. I'd rather just have my disk space back. :cry:

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, according to the Bumped.com PSO2 blog, it looks like we can play the Japanese release of the game in English, thanks to a fan patch.

I've got it running, at it's pretty awesome. Most stuff is translated, but the big missing stuff seems to be quest flavor text (because, there's a lot) and item info (because that's stored on the servers, and the patch doesn't do on-the-fly translation).

I have to say, playing the game AND understanding what I'm doing is a nice feeling; it will be nice when Sega gets around to doing this officially. :P

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm holding off entirely because I don't want to restart when the English servers come up.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oooh. If most of it is translated, I might bite.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm holding out for the vita release

since my vita is more powerful than my laptop :/