As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Yeah, XVM is terrible. In every instance where my team had a 70% win chance or higher, my team has imediately charged forward and been totally obliterated in just a few minutes. Every time, it never fails.

Had a few fantastic rounds today. Changing up the game by working on a new tank for a while has been great.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    did they change HE shells? what do i do with my B1 against a KV-1 and 2 T-14's? I killed a pziii and then ducked in and out pinging them while they were coming to us (defending assault) I did nothing from 15~ shots.

Well they did buff them recently and with that buff they had to do a hotfix to stop the crews fully dieing to arty shots 100% of the time

I'm going to be honest here. You are a B1. You pretty much have made it your goal to hate your life by playing that tank. While it might not be your fault, Wargaming made it your fault

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Keysier wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest here. You are a B1. You pretty much have made it your goal to hate your life by playing that tank. While it might not be your fault, Wargaming made it your fault

:^:

Hey now, B1s are great targets tanks.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Hey now, B1s are great targets tanks.

B1 armor: 60/60/55 hull, 46/46/46 turret.
    AMX 40: 70/65/40 hull, 80/60/60 turret.

B1's best gun: 66mm pen and 55 damage. (HE 70 damage)
    AMX 40: 74mm pen, 110 damage. (HE 175 damage)

The AMX 40 is a light tank. A FRENCH light tank, but even so. It's far better at playing heavy tank than the actual heavy tank! The ONLY thing the B1 has over it is HP.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    The B1 is probably the worst tank in the game.

It does not have speed.

It does not have a good gun.

It does not have good armor (the only things that will struggle to pen you at tier IV are other B1s)

All good tanks have 2 of those 3 qualities. B1 has none of them. Even tanks like the M3 which are pretty poor aside from a decent gun can be made to work well if you are careful.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    at least it has a turret, the jagdpanzer iv was the worst experience i'd had when i last played, i don't know if they've improved since this time last year

i'm through the b1 though and this bdr g1b at least has a gun that can penetrate something

• OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    nope, though I did hear that they might possbily give it (jpz4) the panthers really long 75mm so it has a chance to pen things from the front ocasionally. But not sure when/if that would actually happen.

Ogotai on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I feel like they just shoehorned that B1 into the spot it's in, took real-world stats for lolrealism, then just neglected to give it its main selling feature because handling two entirely different caliber shells would be dirty with their current game model. It would be a very interesting tank in its class if you could just use both the 75mm howitzer and the 47mm turret. It would still suck in armor and speed, but it'd be pretty dangerous (for nearly any tank it gets matched with) to get in front of them if that 75 were operational.

One thing that was nice about the B1 (I actually started to miss it somewhat once I got into the G1B) was that given its disadvantage against everything it forced you to play a super tight game-- in other tanks you could pull some really dumb moves and just rely on your armor, speed, or weaponry to compensate your derping, but in the B1 you have to make sound tactical decision after sound tactical decision. After awhile, sound tactics become the norm and I'm willing to bet that it makes you a better tanker all around to have to go through that.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Ogotai wrote: »
    nope, though I did hear that they might possbily give it (jpz4) the panthers really long 75mm so it has a chance to pen things from the front ocasionally. But not sure when/if that would actually happen.

I really really doubt that. The 75/L100 would be absolutely gamebreaking on a T5 tank. As it is, that gun makes the Panther the best T7 medium (I think it edges out the T20 due to the penetration gap).

However I did read that there are going to be huge matchmaking changes so most tanks are only +1/-1 tier on average. They still retain the maximums so can go up 3-4 tiers, but most games will be a much smaller spread. This makes sense with the huge amount of nerfs that are incoming to the Russian medium line and Su-85.

What's really interesting though is some of the rumors surrounding the T10 mediums. That M48 Patton sounds like an absolute beast. 268 pen on silver rounds and DPM that's only 50 shy of the best gun in the game (JagTiger's 128). And if the rumored 1050 hp on the T-62a is right, that thing will be an absolute speed demon.

Simpsonia on
    edited July 2012
    I feel like they just shoehorned that B1 into the spot it's in, took real-world stats for lolrealism, then just neglected to give it its main selling feature because handling two entirely different caliber shells would be dirty with their current game model. It would be a very interesting tank in its class if you could just use both the 75mm howitzer and the 47mm turret. It would still suck in armor and speed, but it'd be pretty dangerous (for nearly any tank it gets matched with) to get in front of them if that 75 were operational.

One thing that was nice about the B1 (I actually started to miss it somewhat once I got into the G1B) was that given its disadvantage against everything it forced you to play a super tight game-- in other tanks you could pull some really dumb moves and just rely on your armor, speed, or weaponry to compensate your derping, but in the B1 you have to make sound tactical decision after sound tactical decision. After awhile, sound tactics become the norm and I'm willing to bet that it makes you a better tanker all around to have to go through that.

I did stall a KV-1 for quite a while earlier today with standard peek and shoot tactics. (I was aiming to track it, since I had an arty dropping shells) I eventually went down, but not before stalling until it was the last enemy alive. Not quite sure how I managed to earn 500 xp, since it was the only thing I fought and I barely damaged it. (At least my B1 is fully upgraded aside from the radio, it can at least move now)

Polaritie on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Having two firing options would certainly change the Lee around a bit.

• LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I did stall a KV-1 for quite a while earlier today with standard peek and shoot tactics. (I was aiming to track it, since I had an arty dropping shells) I eventually went down, but not before stalling until it was the last enemy alive. Not quite sure how I managed to earn 500 xp, since it was the only thing I fought and I barely damaged it. (At least my B1 is fully upgraded aside from the radio, it can at least move now)

You get xp for when arty damages a target that you are spotting, as well as some xp just for winning. Most of your xp probably came from the arty. It's possible you lit up other targets that you weren't focusing on that were damaged also.

steam_sig.png
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »

I really really doubt that. The 75/L100 would be absolutely gamebreaking on a T5 tank. As it is, that gun makes the Panther the best T7 medium (I think it edges out the T20 due to the penetration gap).

However I did read that there are going to be huge matchmaking changes so most tanks are only +1/-1 tier on average. They still retain the maximums so can go up 3-4 tiers, but most games will be a much smaller spread. This makes sense with the huge amount of nerfs that are incoming to the Russian medium line and Su-85.

What's really interesting though is some of the rumors surrounding the T10 mediums. That M48 Patton sounds like an absolute beast. 268 pen on silver rounds and DPM that's only 50 shy of the best gun in the game (JagTiger's 128). And if the rumored 1050 hp on the T-62a is right, that thing will be an absolute speed demon.
    The jagdPanzer is a tier 6 TD, Simp. It wouldn't be hugely breaking to give it a tier 7 medium's gun. No worse than the SU-152 having a BL-10, anyway ...

You've made me curious how I would handle the Panther though. The T20 was probably one of my best tanks overall, so if the Panther is supposedly better ... But anyway.
    Why specifically does the russian medium line need nerfs? It has seemed weaker than the US mediums ... pretty much every step of the way. Tier 6 and higher, I generally find the US meds more capable. I love the T-44 and all, but it really isn't as good as the M26, and the Patton feels leaps and bounds better than the T-54 for me. *shrug*

Ah sorry I read that as PanzerIV the T5 medium, not the TD. It could probably work on the JgPz4, seeing as how they gave the ARL 39 an awesome 90mm, but then again they'd have to nerf the DPM on it a bit. The JgPz4 chasis is miles better than the ARL V39 at least from a camo and armor point of view, probably about the same as far as speed, though the JgPz 4 is much more agile.

As for the Russian nerfs, I think it's more of a reinvisioning of the type of tanks in the line to reduce alpha, but increase all the other soft stats, keep them more medium like.

I am wondering how they are changing the tier 10 tanks in accordance with the new 10 meds/tds

I'll just grind to an AMX 50b and become a super medium! horray!

• MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    I don't know how reliable this is, but if you look at the B1's page on the wiki it has an interesting line:
    http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/B1
    When the multi-gun system is added to World of Tanks, the hull mounted gun will become usable and present a way to defend against the formidable KV, but for now it's only for decoration and as a weak spot.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
    When is this supposed patch coming out? I'd like to not get dumped into tier 9 matches when my friend wants to roll with his tier 4 light.

I think the patch is on Russian test right now

I assume another week for our test and then probably another 2 weeks after that

I am surprised they are changing matchmaking to be +1/-1 on a more common basis, some tanks on +1/-1 are just ridiculous (like a T-50-2 being top tier would be a very scary prospect). I wonder if they will change the td/arty/light-scout boost or not

• G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure this won't mean that tier 5 scouts will get into tier 5 games, or that tier 8 arty is going to be top tier ever. If anything, tier 5 scouts will get more tier 7 games than they are now.

Anyway, lot of information here. This is turning out to be a big patch.

edited July 2012
    There are no scouts in this game. There are light tanks. And tier 5 light tanks are guaranteed to be facing off against tier 8 tanks and higher.

MegaMek on
  • G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what you're correcting. "Tier 5 scouts" refers to the Chaffee, T-50-2, and VK2801 - the three tier 5 light tanks that get very high matchmaking because they are envisioned as scouts and are guaranteed to face off against tier 7 tanks and higher.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Some of the US Tier 6-7 medium tanks are much better situated when compared with their counterparts from other nations. For example, the Sherman Jumbo and M4A3E8 Sherman have a very low repair cost and a fairly high profit potential. This allows them to often finish matches with a greater net gain of credits than VK 3601.

Ouch, they're nerfing e2 income by by 6%, and increasing repairs by 35%. Seems a bit excessive, why not buff the other mediums :(

The economic model of German vehicles of Tier 7-8 will be changed as well. Players who have Jagdpanther and VK3002 (DB) will be happy to hear that we're decreasing their repair costs.
    In addition to the Object 704 getting an adustment, the KV-3 having been moved in the v. 0.7.3 update to Tier 7, turned out to have too high of a repair cost; this will be decreased.

Yay I can play my JP and KV-3 again without losing money all the time.

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Some of the US Tier 6-7 medium tanks are much better situated when compared with their counterparts from other nations. For example, the Sherman Jumbo and M4A3E8 Sherman have a very low repair cost and a fairly high profit potential. This allows them to often finish matches with a greater net gain of credits than VK 3601.

Ouch, they're nerfing e2 income by by 6%, and increasing repairs by 35%. Seems a bit excessive, why not buff the other mediums :(

Keep in mind the Jumbo already got hit by far the hardest of any tank in the last major round of profit/repair cost tweaks they did. Its repair cost went up by 25% already.

Gaslight on
    Man I still have 90+k xp to grind on my T-54. And of course the cash to buy the T-62.

I don't get why they keep changing the income/repairs on tanks. Every update they change it up. Too many people making virtual money for them? I always side eye these changes.

As for MM, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't expect much of a change, really. I'm pretty cynical when it comes to WG :P

• OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Really hope the changes to the patton's gun don't hit the accuracy much/at all. I seem to miss constantly with the thing as it is. Though depending on how the m48 looks I may just sell it as I do far worse in the patton than pretty much any other medium I have driven. Already have ~ 170k exp saved up on it so may be able to get the m48 quick, any specifics on that one yet?

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Why make massive jumps in repair cost or profitability? Fine tuning is done with a chisel, not a jackhammer.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    Really hope the changes to the patton's gun don't hit the accuracy much/at all. I seem to miss constantly with the thing as it is. Though depending on how the m48 looks I may just sell it as I do far worse in the patton than pretty much any other medium I have driven. Already have ~ 170k exp saved up on it so may be able to get the m48 quick, any specifics on that one yet?

I don't know how that's even possible. I find the Patton, as it is, to be far and away the best of the tier 9 mediums. Granted, there's a time and a place for Bat.Chats, but you can get screwed pretty hard in MM with them. The Patton will *always* be capable, and is just generally a beast ...

Why make massive jumps in repair cost or profitability? Fine tuning is done with a chisel, not a jackhammer.
    This is Wargamer we're talking about. I'm not sure they know how to do anything other than heavy-handed, given their track record ...

Anyway, seriously, we're on page 100, guys. We need a new OP before shit hits the fan.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    This is Wargamer we're talking about. I'm not sure they know how to do anything other than heavy-handed, given their track record ...

It's further aggrevatign as my e2 I can freely play without fear of losing money (even if I don't always make a ton), whereas my VK3601H I have to consciously worry about using consumables on if I think we're going to lose, at it will guarantee a loss of money (granted, not much, but still a loss). They should just balance it so no matter what happens you at least break even on a tank playing it. You should never lose money....

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    Well, it looks like I'm going to have to buy a 12t after I finish out my M8A1. Any opportunity to get a free garage slot should not be wasted.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2012
    7.5 test is up already. The JgPz E100 is trolltastic, not as slow as I thought it would be (only slightly slower than an elite Ferdi), but it's horizontal arc leaves something to be desired, I'm not sure if it has enough to properly reverse angle much of the time.

Super Pershing is slooooow, but with amazing armor for the tier. I think if it gets KV-5 matchmaking it would definitely be a good buy, but anything else, probably not.

Also, the T-62A looks like complete crap. 580 HP which means it is slow as shit.

Matchmaking changes look odd. On one hand T6 meds, heavies and TDs will now cap at T8 no matter what, but arty has been minimum capped up 1 tier from 6 up. ie T6 arty can't get any less than T9 game, T7 gets no less than a T10 game, same with T8 arty. The AMX 13 90 also gets weird matchmaking in that it can never get a T8 game ever, only T9s now. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/140411-75-matchmaker-changes-feedback/

Simpsonia on
    Better finish grinding to the 12t I guess. Freebies!

Also, disappointed at no love for B1.

What's going on with the 12t that you're going to get a freebie?

minirhyder wrote: »

What's going on with the 12t that you're going to get a freebie?

From the overview:

Case 1. AMX 12t isn’t in the garage at the time of the update release, but is fully researched:
    Both tanks, ELC AMX and AMX 12t, will be researched
    All undistributed experience goes from AMX 12t will be moved to the ELC AMX
    Any crew member in the barracks or in a tank, who possesses the tier 5 AMX 12t skills, get the ability to be used in the tier 6 AMX 12t without any changes or losses
    Tier 5 AMX 12t combat statistics will be moved to the tier 6 AMX 12t without any losses
    All AMX 12t modules in the depot that don’t fit other tanks will be automatically sold at the original purchase price
    All AMX 12t modules fitting other tanks will be saved in the depot, the same goes for shells of the respective guns

Case 2. AMX 12t is in the garage at the time of the update release. All the rules as mentioned in Case 1 apply along with the following:
    AMX 12t as tier 5 light tank is substituted with AMX 12t as tier 6 light tank
    Ammunition mounted onto the AMX 12t goes to the depot
    Consumables and Equipment mounted onto the tier 5 AMX 12t remain on AMX 12t at tier 6.
    Players get the light french Tier 5 tank ELC AMX (without equipment, consumables, ammunition) and one slot for this tank for free
    Players get a new full crew for the ELC AMX with 100% training

Camouflage mounted onto the Tier 5 AMX 12t is moved to tier 6 AMX 12t and to ELC AMX as well
    The expiration date of the camo on both vehicles stays the same as it was for the AMX 12t at the moment when the substitution takes place.

edited July 2012
    Man where have I been that I'm totally clueless about this change...
    Thanks Polaritie. Guess I'll have to re-buy the thing.

Edit: DUH because they're moving the BatChat and everyone else up a tier. I'm dumb.

minirhyder on
    HA! Nerfing the repair cost of the T28 Proto. Ugh, these aholes sometimes. The Proto was only good if you were ever against idiots that didn't just shoot straight at your gun, turret can't bounce shit

25/2 Credit nerf? Are you serious? 20%? The tank is terrible compared to the 25AT gunwise. Wow sure it has a turret, woopie. 25AT can actually camo properly. Do Russian players play a different game? My T30 can barely hit the broad side of a barn from range and the 704 has insane camo, better RoF, better pen, and is more maneuverable with better armor? I wish I could love my T30 but ugh

But hey at least free tank slot, thanks AMX12t

I wonder if the IS-4 will be worthwhile to run now. Mine sits with 2 games played in my Garage.

minirhyder wrote: »
    Man where have I been that I'm totally clueless about this change...
    Thanks Polaritie. Guess I'll have to re-buy the thing.

Edit: DUH because they're moving the BatChat and everyone else up a tier. I'm dumb.

Yeah. Hopefully this new tank is speedy and not another light heavy.

Keysier wrote: »
    HA! Nerfing the repair cost of the T28 Proto. Ugh, these aholes sometimes. The Proto was only good if you were ever against idiots that didn't just shoot straight at your gun, turret can't bounce shit

25/2 Credit nerf? Are you serious? 20%? The tank is terrible compared to the 25AT gunwise. Wow sure it has a turret, woopie. 25AT can actually camo properly. Do Russian players play a different game? My T30 can barely hit the broad side of a barn from range and the 704 has insane camo, better RoF, better pen, and is more maneuverable with better armor? I wish I could love my T30 but ugh

But hey at least free tank slot, thanks AMX12t

I wonder if the IS-4 will be worthwhile to run now. Mine sits with 2 games played in my Garage.

They're worried that you're enjoying the game too much.
    If you aren't frustrated enough, you aren't paying gold to make your frustrations go away, ergo no money for WG.

edited July 2012
    Well they definitely just ruined my plan to grind to the AMX 50B since it is a glorified medium and now the new mediums have so high DPM that the 50B is just dead meat.

That and the new TDs are doing 900-1400 damage a shot. Which...is...ridiculous

Keysier on
This discussion has been closed.