As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] Pre-PAX Dinner Thread - [SOLD OUT] - Sign in starts at 5:30pm!

124»

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Saldek wrote: »
    Now for the waiting patiently bit....

Good luck with that. :3

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Saldek wrote: »
    Now for the waiting patiently bit....

Good luck with that. :3

It's not helping that you've changed your location to my booze locker. :P And while I'm still at work!!!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It's true though! :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Free soda for all just as I have kicked high fructose corn-syrup, damn you! Oh well, I'll just have to get drunk I guess.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    redhalo wrote: »
    Free soda for all just as I have kicked high fructose corn-syrup, damn you! Oh well, I'll just have to get drunk I guess.
    Oh darn. You can have my portion of alcohol and I'll have your portion of soda!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options

Such a tragedy. ;-)
    I avoid that high fructose shit as best I can also tbh. Best thing you can do for yourself in all honesty.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular

Such a tragedy. ;-)
    I avoid that high fructose shit as best I can also tbh. Best thing you can do for yourself in all honesty.

QFT. That shit's poison. Healthier to be a chain-smoker.

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Oh darn. You can have my portion of alcohol and I'll have your portion of soda!
    Deal!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Notice: This notice is being posted to notify you of the following notification: Any future inquiries will be placed onto a standby list on the (slim) chance that someone bails and cancels their ticket. I will be contacting people in the order that I get bribed of the list.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ricksebringricksebring Registered User regular
    Notice: This notice is being posted to notify you of the following notification: Any future inquiries will be placed onto a standby list on the (slim) chance that someone bails and cancels their ticket. I will be contacting people in the order that I get bribed of the list.

If someone cancels, Let me know, I would very much like to join in the fun.

• Options
    So if anyone has some button design ideas (or can even just come up with one) that'd be awesome. I only need one button made up to indicate the person is an attendee.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Ghola DuncanGhola Duncan Registered User regular
    PPD...make it like a police badge.

• Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    I asked this in the PPP thread do you want "pax parties" to tweet about it? Now, on topic maybe something like the PAX logo except with PPD on it.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think it should especially if it's sold out

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Anyone going interested in splitting a cab/Uber Towncar one direction (or both) perhaps? I know it's a short walk (3/4 mile or so according to google), but my wife spasmed a muscle in her solder not to long ago and is afraid of doing any walking that could be avoided, lest it trigger the spasms again and she spend all of pax in a hotel bed hopped up on muscle relaxers.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I don't think it should especially if it's sold out
    Yeah, that. We're completely sold out and I don't want to get a giant standby list full of people bound to get disappointed.
    Now, on topic maybe something like the PAX logo except with PPD on it.
    That could be an easy one to do. The problem is that the orders need to be in by the 6th and I am very much stuck in a giant floating mehtal bawks for the next week and a half.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    anifirebirdanifirebird Registered User regular
    If anyone needs to back out, I'd like to attend/buy a ticket!

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    @tsrblke IIRC there's a few people looking to share taxis, we will be taxi-ing there as its too far for me to walk. Maybe a new thread? I will also have a stupid amount of painkillers/ anti inflamatories and stuff if she has problems. We're staying next door to PAX.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    @tsrblke IIRC there's a few people looking to share taxis, we will be taxi-ing there as its too far for me to walk. Maybe a new thread? I will also have a stupid amount of painkillers/ anti inflamatories and stuff if she has problems. We're staying next door to PAX.

We're staying at the Hyatt. My wife is big on not taking drugs if she can avoid it. Not that she powers through the pain, just that she'd prefer to complain and not take drugs :P.

In any case, Taxi sharing good. I'll drop you a PM and anyone else interested can PM me as well.

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    We will probably be looking at taking a taxi as well. We are at the Paramount if anyone is interested in sharing.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    I would probably chip in a few bucks to share a taxi, especially if the [E] husband is off doing [E] things and doesn't come with me to the dinner. We're staying at the Hyatt and I'll probably be heading over to the Sheraton to play board games before dinner. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Bah, my flight gets in an hour later than I thought, so i won't be able to make it. if anyone wants my ticket @ cost shoot me a pm :(

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    kabutodudekabutodude Registered User regular
    Was a time/place for a group walk-over to Barcas ever decided? With my luck I'll Proably end up lost if I try to find it solo.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    There are a few people grouping up to split cab fares. PM them for more info.

It's a pretty easy walk over. Just take either Pike or Pine to 11th. Barca is in the middle of the block on 11th between the two.

Saldek on
  • Options
    See everyone this evening!

• Options
    MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    Really sorry we got there so late. We left Vancouver at 11:30am and didn't even get to check in to our hotel until after 6pm...

We didn't get along until 7:15, and kinda missed out on everything. Next time maybe!

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Had a great time meeting people and eating good food! Already can't wait for next year's! =P

• Options
    DAT CATERER. God damn. I'm hiring him again if I'm back for this next year (depends entirely on me getting a badge).

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Dude, that was seriously awesome. Well done. Thanks for organizing, TOG.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    DAT CATERER. God damn. I'm hiring him again if I'm back for this next year (depends entirely on me getting a badge).

If you don't, then be sure to pass his info on to whoever ~does~ end up putting this together. Because yeah. DAMN.

• Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Thank you for putting together this dinner =)

The husband and I had a wonderful time and met two nice guys who sat next to us :D

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
This discussion has been closed.