As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - Liquefaction

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited July 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Tycho could at least pen a sonnet or something on the table in front of him.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The faces are very bad machinery ish.

Cool.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I like the touch of Gabe having smashed up pens.

That story is more than a little unsettling.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That first panel face.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular

I think those are drawings, not pens.

500986357_Nbfrs-L-2.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Most people aren’t aware, and why would they be, but by the end of a convention our table is usually covered with sketches of various kinds. Often these sketches will include snips of dialogue (or simply just dialogue itself, on my side of the table) that sometimes becomes actual comics - it seemed like we could make that nascent product available to a wider audience. The “actual” sketch is on the upper left, the one about shaking scary hands, which is sort of an occupational hazard I suppose. Other weird ideas (such as Punisher Guy at the bottom and “George Lucas as an Ewok” in the lower left) are not included in their entirety. Simply know that it is sketches, sketches everywhere that the table is not covered by glossies for startlingly good webcomics or some crude instrument of our retail operation.

So apparently, in this comic, Tycho hasn't gotten around to writing any dialogue yet, while Gabe's been sketching since 5 AM.

• kkabkkab Registered User new member
    Tough crowd. If I had been drinking milk while reading this strip, I would certainly have snarfed it onto my screen. Dialogue makes for killer imagery.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Tycho's a broken man

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Theories on what the last line meant for the man with the haunted bunghole, anyone?

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I have had poops like this

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this comic speaks to me

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

I think those are drawings, not pens.

500986357_Nbfrs-L-2.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Most people aren’t aware, and why would they be, but by the end of a convention our table is usually covered with sketches of various kinds. Often these sketches will include snips of dialogue (or simply just dialogue itself, on my side of the table) that sometimes becomes actual comics - it seemed like we could make that nascent product available to a wider audience. The “actual” sketch is on the upper left, the one about shaking scary hands, which is sort of an occupational hazard I suppose. Other weird ideas (such as Punisher Guy at the bottom and “George Lucas as an Ewok” in the lower left) are not included in their entirety. Simply know that it is sketches, sketches everywhere that the table is not covered by glossies for startlingly good webcomics or some crude instrument of our retail operation.

So apparently, in this comic, Tycho hasn't gotten around to writing any dialogue yet, while Gabe's been sketching since 5 AM.

Agree on the drawings, you can actually make out FruitFucker by Gabe's hand.

I think the disparity in content is probably normal. Most artists I've met, and every single drawer, sketcher, and doodler I've even heard of, constantly practice their work. You don't find or even hear of writers who churn out a short story while on the can just because they're idle for a second. What you will hear about is writers reading diligently and constantly. It's a bit of a weird observation, but generally when idle, drawers constantly create new material, while writers constantly consume new material. Not that both don't do the other as well.

• Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    Literally laughed for about 4 minutes at this.

Apparently some people have bowel movements so terrible, so massive, and exhausting that they are significant events which cause problems for you, which you CANNOT have happen at that time.

Tycho was deeply disturbed by this.

• NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    Theories on what the last line meant for the man with the haunted bunghole, anyone?
    I know the feeling. A few years back I had these recurrent stomach problems. Once every couple of weeks, out the blue I'd feel it coming on and then I'd have 5 minutes to get to the can & be on it for an hour.

More than once I would think "Not now". It was fine if I was just at home doing nothing. Really inconvenient other times.

Not sure I ever said it outloud, though.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Reminds me of:

215520847_FFz8n-L-2.jpg

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    That was no mere poop.

That was a man transcending this mortal plane via bowelomancy.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    I don't get the punchline :(

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I don't get the punchline :(

Nurse, he's using the PC outside of his allotted time again.

• DXMageDXMage Registered User new member
    This sounds very much like someone having been eating the very high carbs while just starting to take Metformin. If that was the case I wouldn't be surprised if he shit out his bones.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i enjoyed this comic completely

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Reminds me of:

215520847_FFz8n-L-2.jpg

This is one of my all time favorite comics.

Anyway, if Tycho is in the restrooms at Comic Con at all, I guess that shows some personal growth.

1205262687_tbFrK-L.jpg

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    I've had poops similar to that. I'm pretty sure they were legally hate crimes against the bathroom.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • wormspeakerwormspeaker Objectively Terrible Registered User regular
    Dick Jokes and Toilet Humor; usually they are the bottom of the barrel as far as humor goes. But when done right, they can transcend to true comedy gold. Gerry and Mike are true alchemists achieving this miraculous transformation on a regular basis. Truly these comics would not ascend to this level without both the proper word choices and the haunted riven expressions given form.

• Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I like that this comic is titled "Liquefaction."

I often wonder how many years of comics it would take Jerry to use up all the cool words before he runs out. I sometimes imagine a point where Jerry is like, "Damn, I already used liquefaction."

Twenty Sided on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I

love

poop jokes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    I've had poops similar to that. I'm pretty sure they were legally hate crimes against the bathroom.

Toilets. The real heroes.

488W936.png
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    The worst poop I have ever had in my life was on an airplane.

After the fasten seatbelts sign had gone on while the pilot begun to land.

I landed with poop still coming out.

When I finally crawled out I had police and paramedics waiting for me.

Good times.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    This comic hits close to home. Very close to home.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    This replaced that cracking porcelain gunshot poop comic as my all time favourite poop comic.

Oh brilliant
  • Ryan A. ElliottRyan A. Elliott Registered User regular
    Oh man. That first panel. So hilarious.

• Blackie62Blackie62 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure they have a cream for that now.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Corehealer wrote: »
    ZeroCow wrote: »

Toilets. The real heroes.

He is that fallen dump that lies as hurled,
    That lies unflushed now, come paper, come pole,
    But still lies pointed as it ploughed the bowl.
    If we who sight along it round the world,
    See nothing worthy to have been its mark,
    It is because like men we look too near,
    Forgetting that as fitted to the poop,
    Our squirts always make too short an arc.
    They fall, they rip the grass, they intersect
    The curve of earth, and striking, break their own;
    They make us cringe for brown-point on porcelain.
    But this we know, the obstacle that checked
    And tripped the bottom, shot the shit on
    Further than target ever made to crommelin.

MichaelLC on
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    People don't get the last line? Honestly? It's one of those things some people say aloud when they get explosive diarrhea, painful enough to the point where they are crying, and made only worse when its in public.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    The worst poop I have ever had in my life was on an airplane.

After the fasten seatbelts sign had gone on while the pilot begun to land.

I landed with poop still coming out.

When I finally crawled out I had police and paramedics waiting for me.

Good times.
    I had something similar. I'm waiting to switch flights in Hong Kong with half hour before boarding when I get a "you have 30 seconds to get to a toilet" pain in my bowels. Barely made it onto the plane from the bathroom in the last second. As soon as the plane was nominally in the air I rushed to the plane bathroom. Lucky it was a giant plane with like a dozen bathrooms because I stayed in there for a good 2 hr at least. Then still had another 20ish of.flying time sitting between 2 people sneezing the whole time.

steam_sig.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I................don't really get the joke here

Hrm

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Godfather wrote: »
    I................don't really get the joke here

Hrm

...Being afflicted with the explosive shits is no fun? What is there to get? Don't see how this is complicated.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I hope that someone out there saw this and realized that his poop has been immortalized in comic form.

Bobble on
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I honestly think all PA's attempts at literal toilet humour have been pure gold. Like many others in this thread, apparently, I've had bouts with IBS. I have been the guy on that toilet.

• peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    i remember these things, i used to get them

then i started to eat healthy, well, i don't like using the word healthy, but eating properly. a lot of stuffs sold as so called food really shouldn't be consumed by humans at all.

• FTVFTV Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    "Every one of his internal organs"? Even his brain?

FTV on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Especially his brain.

Opty on