As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Trek Online] Hop on my deck. Now Free to Play!

19495969798100»

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The way it works, Fleet starbases have projects that the fleet contributes the cost to. These can be equipment, special buffs or pets that will help in starbase related missions (Operational Assets), or ships. If you do the shipyard commissioning job, you get 5 ship "tokens." Members can buy any unlocked ship for fleet credit, and it consumes a ship token from the fleet's stores. So you don't need to convince the fleet to put Sovereign Refits on hold to build ballships to feed your fetish.

Commissioning isn't that big of a sink fleet-wise. The real cost is in the one-time upgrades. Commissioning projects are something the fleet will usually have running continuously.

On the subject of fleet ships, the last build gave the Feds an Aquarius-class Destroyer and a fleet version thereof. BoP equivalent turn rate, hull, and shields, a couple universal slots but not all, and 4/2 weapon loadout. Probably one of the worst ships in the new lineup, basically a B'rel retrofit with no cloak, but if they're clever they'll allow you to switch to it from the interior like a shuttle, which would be neat for Oddy owners.

Hevach on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I think we're getting near the end of this thread. Someone oughta copy and paste the OP into a Wordpad document to use it later for the new thread's OP. Updated of course with new info.

Owenashi on
    The new EV suits are apparently possible rewards from the prize boxes you get from doing Tholian war zone missions. I just got bugged empty boxes, but a few people were linking them in chat. They've got better resistances and HP bonuses on them. Might actually work against the Breen, too, since they have very good cold resist.

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, the new EV suits are pretty solid for actual armor. Got one Uncommon with +physical damage, and a Rare with phys, kin, rad, and toxic resist.

They should be pretty easy to farm too, if the Tholian bosses don't get buffed. I brought the project leader to 80% solo before running out of heals. 2-3 people should be no problem. He's just got a boatload of hp and it hurts if you let him spiderman you into an acid pool. Unless of course the mechanics change at lower thresholds :?:

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Mr. PokeylopeMr. Pokeylope Registered User regular
    Finally completed my Maco MXII set for my main. Getting that last proto drop on Cure Elite really made my day.

• ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    now is the time to make EC (by spending it)

keys are often 700-800k.

come the next lockbox, prices on keys will sky-rocket (just like they did when the ferengi box came) good way to turn a profit

steam_sig.png
  • ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    Season 6 has started to Pre-patch (coming the 12th... steam summer sale day!)

steam_sig.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Why have I never sold anything on the exchange before? I was clearing out some junk and some things were going for over 1 mil ec. I just undercut everyone and everything sold within minutes. Considering I was going to just vendor that stuff I guess I came out ahead. I will be using all this new found wealth in any way I can for our starbase.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• mellestadmellestad Registered User regular
    Like, what kind of stuff were you auctioning? I've sold some stuff, but usually the stuff I've seen that's worth a lot is like, polaron consoles.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    mellestad wrote: »
    Like, what kind of stuff were you auctioning? I've sold some stuff, but usually the stuff I've seen that's worth a lot is like, polaron consoles.

Some various consoles that I got as loot.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Other than selling stuff on the exchange, whats a good way to make some energy credits?

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    selling your body at cantinas

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    Running Breen missions for the set pieces and selling them to vendors. Big cash cows for vendor trash are engines, shields, and deflectors, and several breen missions guarantee you a purple one every time.

So I got a Purple XII SIF Generator. Should I sell it or would +20 hull repair be a noticeable improvement?

Also I grabbed a few duty officer packs using my stipend and got both a powered alien artifact and an unpowered one, which thanks to the fleet bank, is now also powered. Waiting for some missions to finish to free up some of my engineers to turn them into hopefully good consoles. Also I ran another Holo fragment mission and got Hamlet to go with Laertes and Reynaldo. I looked up that mission and found out that you can actually get every single actor in Hamlet, which then guarantees you get William Shakespeare on the Hamlet mission. To bad you only get the holo fragment missions from lock boxes.

So I got a Purple XII SIF Generator. Should I sell it or would +20 hull repair be a noticeable improvement?

Also I grabbed a few duty officer packs using my stipend and got both a powered alien artifact and an unpowered one, which thanks to the fleet bank, is now also powered. Waiting for some missions to finish to free up some of my engineers to turn them into hopefully good consoles. Also I ran another Holo fragment mission and got Hamlet to go with Laertes and Reynaldo. I looked up that mission and found out that you can actually get every single actor in Hamlet, which then guarantees you get William Shakespeare on the Hamlet mission. To bad you only get the holo fragment missions from lock boxes.

I'd probably sell the console, unless you really value +2 hull repair (compared to blue mkXI's @ 10k) vs. 4.7 mil. from selling it.

As for the photonic actors, be careful spending any time / money collecting them. I picked them all up before the mission was included, and they don't guarantee getting Shakespeare. I ended up with only a generic success and blew my one shot until they finally drop a patch with the fix. Also they only gave +3% crit chance compared to just spam clicking random officers off my recommended page, haha.

ECOED.jpg
    Avynte wrote: »

I'd probably sell the console, unless you really value +2 hull repair (compared to blue mkXI's @ 10k) vs. 4.7 mil. from selling it.

As for the photonic actors, be careful spending any time / money collecting them. I picked them all up before the mission was included, and they don't guarantee getting Shakespeare. I ended up with only a generic success and blew my one shot until they finally drop a patch with the fix. Also they only gave +3% crit chance compared to just spam clicking random officers off my recommended page, haha.

Huh I did the mission once and did not get him and it showed up again.

edited July 2012
    Avynte wrote: »

Huh I did the mission once and did not get him and it showed up again.

When you try to start it, it'll pop up "mission failed to start" or something along that line. :(

At least posts from the new doff guy say the repeating part will get fixed 'soon.'

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Ugh been grinding STFs to get the maco ground parts. Actually got the drops for the shield and armor, just need the gun. Found out that apparently the x version of the maco suit doesn't get the visual tailor options... Really disappointed.

Librarian's ghost on

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Looks like it's about time for a new thread. Current OP hasn't been active in a while, so someone else will likely have to do it.

Are you the magic man?
    edited July 2012
    Frei wrote: »
    Looks like it's about time for a new thread. Current OP hasn't been active in a while, so someone else will likely have to do it.
    Also seven hour server maintinence tomorrow starting at 6am pst. Probably season 6 so good time for a new thread.

Librarian's ghost on

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Yeah, perfect timing. If only one of us wasn't lazy.

Are you the magic man?
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
This discussion has been closed.