As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MechWarrior 2 and the crashing thereof

2»

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, guys, I'v just reinstalled MW4: Vengeance, patched it up to PR3, But I'm facing a very weird freeze-bug.

After I finish the first mission, when the game goes to the next mission's briefing, the mouse just stops working. The audio briefing plays all the way, but I can't click anything. Ctrl+shft+Esc and alt+F4 didn't work, either.

Any ideas?

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shadowen wrote: »
    WHY wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Mostly it's just that I am a big fan of autocannons and PPCs, though. In the board game they were fucking clutch when you needed some medium mechs that can hurt heavies.
    I couldn't stand the ACs in MW4. Actually, I didn't like a lot of how they handled the direct-fire weapons, it felt too much like they were trying to shoehorn the Virtual World targeting system into Mechwarrior, where every weapon was hitscan. I can understand lasers and possibly PPCs being instant hit, but ACs, machineguns, and Gauss rifles?

..huh? The only hitscan weapon in MW4 was the (pulse) lasers.

PPCs, Gauss, missiles, MGs and ACs all had different travel times.

This is truth. I'm not sure how anyone could prefer the MW2 autocannon over the MW4 one regardless though, given that the things were utterly worthless in MW2.
    someone hasn't played Ghost Bear's Legacy.

I was about to say...

Hell, they're even damn good in MW2 if you pick the right mission and bring enough ammo with you.

Most missions in GBL required me to kill more than one enemy. Autocannons were still worthless.
    I'm sorry, I finished the entire game, save that one mission where you needed to disable that Raven, using an Incubus with a single UAC/20 and about 10 tons of ammo.

Wow, this is a hella old thread.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, well, I need some HEALP! :D

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited July 2007
    Update: I know that the crash is caused by the stupid little video that plays on the briefings, because when I manage to click "Lauch" before the video starts, everything works fine.

Anyone knows how can I find out what coded is used there, and how to fix that?

Because all the intro movies play fine, and the little briefing movies still freeze, even after installing K-Lite Codec pack and Indeo.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I want to say that the videos were in Smacker format (link), but I'm not sure if installing the RAD game tools will help. Wouldn't hurt to try, though.

Orogogus on
    edited July 2007
    Orogogus wrote: »
    I want to say that the videos were in Smacker format (link), but I'm not sure if installing the RAD game tools will help. Wouldn't hurt to try, though.

Yeah, it's surely worth a try, thanks.

Nah, no dice.
    God damned crazy video.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png