As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel NOW! - Welcome to the Future of the Marvel Universe (GO TO NEW THREAD)

ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in Graphic Violence
RTFxB.jpg

As the most recent Marvel Universe spanning mega-event, Avengers vs. X-Men, soon reaches its conclusion... some series will end and some will be (re)born, much like the Phoenix at the center of the event.

Occuring almost a year after DC rebooted their entire universe at the end of Flashpoint into the DC New 52, Marvel will be launching Marvel NOW! in October 2012. Some may see it as aping DC's success with the reboot, there are some fundamental differences in how Marvel is going about their relaunch.

1. This is NOT a reboot - All the decades of history in the Marvel Universe is still intact (well barring the wedding which shall not be named, but thats old news). This continues directly from what has come before.

2. It is spread out - In October we will see 1 new series, and after that every week we will see new jumping on points (either new or returning series) with new creative teams under the Marvel NOW! banner through February. So no having to buy tons of #1 issues in one month.

3. Not everything is new - More recent series like Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Daredevil, and others will not be starting with fresh #1 issues. Only stories that fit with a true new start will be restarted with Marvel NOW!

So we know its coming... but what exactly IS coming?

OUT NOW!

1342816317.jpg
- Marvel Now Point One - W - Brian Michael Bendis, Matt Fraction, Jeph Loeb, Nick Spencer, Kieron Gillen, Dennis Hopeless, A - Michael Allred, Ed Mcguinness, Steve Mcniven, Jamie Mckelvie, Salvador Larroca, and More
Who Will Shape the Future of Marvel NOW!? 64pg One Shot!

FjmkS.jpg
- UNCANNY AVENGERS - W - Rick Remender, A - John Cassaday
Following the events of AvX, Captain America begins his quest to create a sanctioned Avengers unit comprised of Avengers and X-Men, humans and mutants working together... and just in time for the return of the Red Skull, now seeking to eradicate the mutant race.

detail.jpg
- A+X
Get ready for action-packed stories featuring team-ups from your favorite Marvel heroes every month! First, a story where Wolverine and Hulk come together, and then Captain America and Cable meet up! But will each partner’s combined strength be enough?

1345060289.jpg
- ALL-NEW X-MEN - W - Brian Michael Bendis, A - Stuart Immonen
Thrown forward in time, the original five members of Xavier's School are now stuck in the present. How can they change a future that to them seems worse than even the Days of Future Past? How will the current heroes react to seeing these teenage versions of themselves, including their departed friend Jean Grey.

1345060796.jpg
- IRON MAN - W - Kieron Gillen, A - Greg Land
Tony Stark—Iron Man: Technological visionary, wealthy playboy, unparalleled engineer, and armored Avenger. His greatest invention becomes his greatest mistake. Iron Man must act fast…and Tony Stark must build faster! The lethal techno virus Extremis is out in the wild and out for grabs to the highest bidder! It’s up to Tony Stark to contain it and that means creating a new suit of armor…NOW!

1345060794.jpg
- THOR: GOD OF THUNDER -W - Jason Aaron, A - Esad Ribic
Throughout the ages, the gods of the Marvel Universe have been vanishing, their mortal worshippers left in chaos. NOW! the Mighty Thor follows a trail of blood that threatens to consume his past, present and future selves. The only hope for these ravaged worlds lies with the God of Thunder unraveling the gruesome mystery of the God Butcher!

1345060471.jpg
- INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK -W - Mark Waid, A - Leinel Francis Yu
Hulk - Indestructible force more weapon than man. Banner – smartest man alive. Combined they are the Strongest, Smartest Weapon on the planet! And NOW! the INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK is an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

1345061069.jpg
- DEADPOOL -W - Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan, A - Tony Moore
Dead former United States presidents, from George Washington to Gerald Ford have been resurrected, and that’s BAD. The Marvel heroes can’t be the ones to stop them, someone is needed with the reputation, skills and plausible deniability to take out these com-monsters in chiefs...NOW! is the time for Deadpool… In Wade We Trust!

1345060579.jpg
- CAPTAIN AMERICA -W - Rick Remender, A - John Romita Jr.
Thrust into a bizarre, inhospitable world far from home, the all-new, high-adventure, mind-melting, tough-as-nails, sci-fi, pulp-fantasy era of Captain America is NOW! With no country and no allies, what’s left for the Sentinel of Liberty to protect? The Saga of Dimension Z begins here!

1345060915.jpg
- FANTASTIC FOUR -W - Matt Fraction, A - Mark Bagley
Four adults. Two kids. One “car.” NOW! begins a journey through all of infinite time and space.

1345061067.jpg
- X-MEN LEGACY -W - Simon Spurrier, A - Tan Eng Huat
Legion, the most powerful and unstable mutant in the world and son to Professor Charles Xavier, has killed gods and reshaped the face of the universe. NOW! in the aftermath of Avengers vs. X-Men, Legion will finally attempt to conquer his demons and embrace his father’s legacy!

1345060917.jpg
- FF -W - Matt Fraction, A - Mike Allred
We have seen the future and it will be fantastic! In the absence of the Fantastic Four, a substitute Four, hand-picked by the real deal--Ant-Man, Medusa, She-Hulk and Miss Thing--stand ready to guard the Earth and the nascent Future Foundation for four minutes... NOW! what could possibly go wrong?

- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE - W - Kelly Sue DeConnick, A - Stefano Caselli
New Creative Team with issue 9!

- JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY - W - Katheryn Immonen, A - Valerio Schiti
New Creative Team with issue 646! Now starring the adventures of the Lady Sif!

DECEMBER

TBOLTS2012001_DC11.jpg
- THUNDERBOLTS - W - Daniel Way, A - Steve Dillon
Led by General “Thunderbolt” Ross, AKA the Red Hulk, this hand-picked team of like-minded operatives is going to make the world a better place…by all means necessary.

AVEN2012001_DC11.jpg
- AVENGERS - W - Jonathan Hickman, A - Jerome Opena
The greatest heroes in comics together on one unbeatable team! The Avengers “go large,” expanding their roster and their sphere of influence to a global and even interplanetary level. When Captain America puts out his call - who will answer? Big threats, big ideas, big idealism - these are the Avengers NOW!

CABLEXF2012001_DC11.jpg
- CABLE & X-FORCE - W - Dennis Hopeless, A - Salvador Larroca
Cable is back! With a new X-Force at his side, he must tackle the threats that nobody else can know about. But just who are Cable’s new recruits, and why is his team public enemy number one? Caught red-handed at the scene of a terrorist attack on a major American corporation whose CEO has expressed anti-mutant views, the X-Force is the run, with none other than the Uncanny Avengers in hot pursuit.

AA2012001_DC11.jpg
- AVENGERS ARENA - W - Dennis Hopeless, A - Kev Walker
Trapped on an isolated island, 16 superhuman young adults (including cult faves like members of the Runaways, The Avengers Academy and Darkhawk) are given a chilling ultimatum by their demented captor, Arcade: Fight or die…only one will walk out alive! Welcome to Murderworld.

JANUARY

UXFORCE2012001_DC11.jpg
- UNCANNY X-FORCE - W - Sam Humphries, A - Ron Garney
Psylocke and Storm lead a new team of outcasts and scoundrels, including fan-favorite Puck, the villainous Spiral, and the mysterious Cluster. The first adversary to strike out from the darkness? X-legend BISHOP!

NEWAVN2013001_DC11.jpg
- NEW AVENGERS - W - Jonathan Hickman, A - Steve Epting
To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther, must assemble NOW! It's the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe--The Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and The Beast--against an infinite legion of parallel realities.

SUPSM2013001_DC11.jpg
- SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN - W - Dan Slott, A - Ryan Stegman
THEN!...Peter Parker spent a lifetime living up to the responsibilities his powers foisted upon him but his Amazing story finally ended dramatically in the historic Spider-Man #700. NOW!...The new Amazing Spider-Man has arrived and he is better in every single way. Smarter, stronger...Superior.

SAVWOLV2013001_DC11.jpg
- SAVAGE WOLVERINE - W/A - Frank Cho
Wolverine awakes to find himself transported to the Savage Land and labeled public enemy number one! With no memory of how he got there, and Shanna the She-Devil his only ally, Logan must unravel the mystery that slumbers at the heart of the Savage Land before it finds a way to kill him first

YNGAVN2013001_DC11.jpg
- YOUNG AVENGERS - W - Kieron Gillen, A - Jamie McKelvie
Legacy isn't a dirty word... but it's an irrelevant one. It's not important what our parents did. It matters what WE do. Someone has to save the world. You're someone. Do the math. Reinventing the teen superhero comic for the 21st century, by uniting Wiccan, Hulkling and Hawkeye with Loki, Marvel Boy and Ms. America.

MORB2013001_DC11.jpg
- MORBIUS: THE LIVING VAMPIRE - W - JOE KEATINGE, A - RICHARD ELSON
Morbius is scraping desperately through each day trying to carve out a life in a world that has turned its back on him. However his redemption...may be worse than his sin.

FEBRUARY

Guardians001.jpg
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - W - Brian Michael Bendis, A - Steve McNiven
Move over Avengers…the Guardians got this. Star-Lord. Gamora. Drax. Rocket Raccoon. Groot. …and the Invincible Iron Man?! The Marvel Universe just got bigger as the legendary cosmic epic returns.

Nova001.jpg
- NOVA - W - Jeph Loeb, A - Ed McGuinness
Sam Alexander is a kid bound by the gravity of a small town and a father whose ridiculous, drunken fairy tales about a “Nova Corps” were just another heavy burden in a life full of them. But luckily for Sam Alexander…soon gravity won’t even matter. And those troubles? It’s like they’re a billion miles away. See the origin of the new hero who debuted in AvX!

UNCANNYX_Page_11.jpg
- UNCANNY X-MEN - W - Brian Michael Bendis, A - Chris Bachalo
In the wake of the Phoenix, the world has changed and is torn on exactly what Cyclops and his team of X-Men are – visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Magik are out in the world gathering up new mutants and redefining the name UNCANNY X-MEN.

DEFENDERS001.jpg
- THE FEARLESS DEFENDERS - W - Cullen Bunn, A - Will Sliney
Spinning out of "The Fearless"! Valkyrie and Misty Knight are the Fearless Defenders and not since Power Man and Iron Fist has an unlikely duo kicked this much—well, you know. The formation of a brand new team begins here!

SECAVEN_Page_18.jpg
- SECRET AVENGERS - W - Nick Spencer, A - Luke Ross
The new Nick Fury leads a covert Avengers strike team including but not limited to Hawkeye, Black Widow, The Hulk, The Winter Soldier, Maria Hill and Phil Coulson on missions so dangerous, even the team members themselves can’t know about them!

ManetherenWolf on

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Good OP, dude.

I'm hoping Marvel's panel at Comic-Con this week is going to give us a lot more information about what's coming up with this.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    thanks. Figured instead of having the discussion on this split in the Avengers and X-Men threads, it deserved its own, like the DC stuff got.

Looking at the titles ending, and that Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor are already confirmed with new #1 issues...

we will probably be seeing a new Hulk and Fantastic Four #1 out of this too. Plus it was already said that All-New is replacing Uncanny.

FF, New Mutants, and Legacy will probably be just plain gone after this.

Oh, and one thing from the Uncanny Avengers solicits...

Someone dies at the end of AvX it appears. They mention a funeral in the first issue of Uncanny.

I have a crazy idea about who dies. I think it's possible that Xavier might sacrifice himself somehow to save the world. I mean, it would have a powerful effect on all the mutants, and he hasn't really done anything important in a while now.

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So I guess the speculation/rumor of Jean Grey coming back at the end of AvX isn't true.

I don't think I like the idea of Rogue being an Avenger, but I'm woefully behind in my post-2000 Marvel lore so maybe she's actually worthy of the denomination?

I'm not really sure how this differs from .1's and #1's aside from it having more internal coordination and being a marketing ploy. In any case, I'm optimistic. I've been trying to play catch up on the last decade or so, focusing primarily on X-Men lore, and it's been a much longer process than I was hoping (thank god for uncannyxmen.net). Having solid, fresh jumping on points could be quite nice.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2012
    Bullio wrote: »
    So I guess the speculation/rumor of Jean Grey coming back at the end of AvX isn't true.

I don't think I like the idea of Rogue being an Avenger, but I'm woefully behind in my post-2000 Marvel lore so maybe she's actually worthy of the denomination?

I'm not really sure how this differs from .1's and #1's aside from it having more internal coordination and being a marketing ploy. In any case, I'm optimistic. I've been trying to play catch up on the last decade or so, focusing primarily on X-Men lore, and it's been a much longer process than I was hoping (thank god for uncannyxmen.net). Having solid, fresh jumping on points could be quite nice.

Jean is coming back sorta... but its her teenage version along with the other 4 of the original team time traveling to the present somehow.

I think the main difference is that they are doing a much larger shuffling of creative teams. The Bendis era of Avengers is over. Hickman's long FF/F4 run is done. Brubaker's Captain America run is ending. Things like that. Now we are going to get to see new writers working with these characters for the first time in quite awhile.

It really does remind me of what happened right around the time New X-Men by Morrison and X-Force by Milligan launched. Really testing the waters with new creative teams and pitches to really freshen up the books.

Also: October Solicits

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39646

Some other notable stuff on reading it.
    ALL-NEW MARVEL BACKLIST READING CHRONOLOGY #1
    • Delve deep into the Avengers’ history, from the KREE/SKRULL WAR to AVX!
    • Track the X-Men across their ever-changing lineup of titles!
    • Marvel’s massive library of collected editions, ordered and organized for maximum reading enjoyment!
    • A perfect guide for browsing your local comic shop’s bookshelves!
    • Fully updated and FREE!
    96 PGS./No Rating …$0.00

That seems like a REALLY great idea to give away before Marvel NOW! starts.

-Gillen leaving Journey into Mystery? Book ending? Doesn't really specify what is happening there, but anything is possible I suppose.
    -Bendis and Bagley leaving Avengers Assemble after issue 8. Said to spin off into a "New Initiative"... So Guardians of the Galaxy?
    -Secret Avengers looks to be remaining, as it is just starting a new major story arc.
    -Avengers/New Avengers are winding down into the final Bendis arc, including what appears to be the return of Brother Voodoo.

ManetherenWolf on
  • SinogueSinogue Registered User regular
    Ugh, odd choices of X-Books to purge. I'd much rather see X-Men and Astonishing X-Men go than Uncanny in particular, and Legacy to a lesser degree. I'm guessing that there's potentially an X-Book being added to the line-up that won't be announced until the end of AvX? I notice none of the solicits for the new books mention anything of Scott, Emma, Namor, Peter, or Illyana. Since they're the main characters in Uncanny, and there's no mention of a replacement book starring any of them, is it safe to assume that a new book can't/won't be announced until we find out what happens with the Phoenix Five in AvX's conclusion?

The last issue of Uncanny's solict even says that it is basically classified due to AvX's ending.

Yeah, I did notice that after checking out the CBR page you linked. It's really still a shame to see that book go, though. I liked almost every member of that team for various reasons. I'm also wondering where Magneto, Danger, and any other members of the Extinction team that weren't members of the Phoenix Five will end up. I guess only time will tell.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah hopefully Comic Con will give us more info

definitely an exciting time to be a Marvel fan though!

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Any idea what the floating Shield bot thing is? And is that Cable with the eyepatch? I'm digging the armored look on Cap, but not so much on Hulk.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Bummed that Gillen's JiM run is ending.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Hoping this turns out well. I'd like to be picking up more Marvel books than I do, and I want this to be a good jumping on point.

Hensler wrote: »
    Any idea what the floating Shield bot thing is? And is that Cable with the eyepatch? I'm digging the armored look on Cap, but not so much on Hulk.

The floating robot appears to be the Hulk's, and I'm guessing it ties in with his techy-looking armor that you don't care for. The guy with the eye patch is in fact Cable.

(Source: http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/03/marvel-now-jean-grey-exclusive/3/ Original credit to Centipede Damascus, who posted this in the Avengers thread several days ago.)

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    I'm incredibly bummed that Gillen's Uncanny X-Men is ending.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Alright, cancelled titles we know for sure are getting relaunched:
    Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man

Between Jeff Parker's recent post and the Hulk-oriented robot having a SHIELD logo on it I am pretty damn sure Hulk and the Agents of SMASH is happening as well.

Other rumored books:
    Fantastic Four by Fraction and Larrocoa
    Wolverine by Frank Cho
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Bendis
    Nova by either Bendis or Loeb

Judging from their presence on the NOW teaser, I am sure we'll get a Nick Fury/SHIELD book as well as something involving Cable

I would not be surprised if Gillen gets both Iron Man, as rumored, and Thor. Especially since Journey into Mystery seems to be ending with the relaunch. Hopefully he doesn't just have Loki go evil again and we get a Thor and Loki: Bros Thor series

All-New X-Men is being billed as the new flagship X-Book, so it is likely outright replacing Uncanny X-Men.

CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Scarlet Spider and Venom weren't listed for the October solicits despite being consistent sellers, what the hell is this, Russia? Both don't need any kind of renumbering, they just need to keep doing what they're doing.

I am fairly sure that has to do with the upcoming Minimum Carnage thing, since the leaked teaser a while back had no Spider-Man and instead featured Kaine and Flash.

CYpGAPn.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Scarlet Spider and Venom weren't listed for the October solicits despite being consistent sellers, what the hell is this, Russia? Both don't need any kind of renumbering, they just need to keep doing what they're doing.

Venom better stay, Venom is almost always my favorite comic of the week when it hits.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Just found this article that goes a bit more in depth on each of the new titles and their creative teams if anyone is interested.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-now-uncanny-xmen-avengers-kofi-184503/all/1/

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular

Venom better stay, Venom is almost always my favorite comic of the week when it hits.

Same, but I've been loving everything Remender has been doing recently. I can't wait to see what he does with Uncanny Avengers.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am fairly sure that has to do with the upcoming Minimum Carnage thing, since the leaked teaser a while back had no Spider-Man and instead featured Kaine and Flash.

Hol-ee Shit. How did I not hear about this?! Is anything actually known about it yet?

Same, but I've been loving everything Remender has been doing recently. I can't wait to see what he does with Uncanny Avengers.

Seconded. Remender and Hickman being on Avengers titles is the most profound bomb.

galactussig-1.jpg
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yost said on twitter that 10-11 will be announced this weekend, and that he's at least got up to issue 15 plotting (Kraven's in it) so don't worry about Scarlet Spider

EDIT: Also apparently he might have something with X-23 or Hellion coming up? He was intentionally vague.

Furu on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Has anyone said for certain that JiM is ending, not just changing writers? I thought this has been a really amazing series (and i thought it was pretty popular).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    No concrete info on Jim yet other than the solicits say the writer is bidding farewell to the characters.

Gank wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Hol-ee Shit. How did I not hear about this?! Is anything actually known about it yet?

Seconded. Remender and Hickman being on Avengers titles is the most profound bomb.
    2295122-minimum_carnage_teaser.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    Oh, I'm so very happy.

Wonder if they do something wacky like give Kaine the carnage symbiote, or a little bit of it, or somethin'.

That'd be neat.

galactussig-1.jpg
    I'm still banking on Gillen getting the relaunched Thor title and making Loki one of the main characters in it, continuing his JiM themes.

CYpGAPn.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Loki will now look like Harry Potter

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    holy shit guys
    is carnage going to be super heroin

i would buy the shit out of that
    (when it gets collected in a trade)

Carnage is going to be kind of like Sublime but it makes you go all murder-crazy

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i thought the super drugs thing from young avengers was really interesting
    it was basically a condemnation of miraclo, but it was still interesting
    i guess because it is a main stream, it sort of needed to be "all drugs are bad (except the 48 million drugs we tell you to take, with the new versions always tested against placebos rather than their predecessors)"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39727
    Asked about Silver Surfer, Alonso said Marvel will probably take a look at him soon. He also said that "Dan Buckley hates it when we use the word 'cosmic,' so I'm studiously avoiding it." Instead, Alonso used the more awkward "non-Earthbound characters."

What's wrong with the word "cosmic"??
    Asked about Doctor Stange, Singh pointed to the "Doctor Strange: Season One" graphic novel coming up from Greg Pak and Emma Rios. Alonso said "there's no lack of love for Doctor Strange, but we need to work out what Marvel magic is." The editors do not want a deus ex machina style of magic, Alonso said. "It's elusive—as soon as we figure it out, you'll see 'Doctor Strange' #1."

Jeez guys, how long's it going to take to figure out? Just hire a good fantasy author like Glen Cook or Steven Erikson to work it out for you already.
    "Some of the Runaways characters will have a major role in a new unannounced ongoing series that is not called 'Runaways,'" Singh said in response to a fan question about the popular young heroes. "You will know more before September."

"You're going to get more" Cloak and Dagger, Amanat said, "in 'Amazing Spider-Man.'" Singh said the duo are also in "Wolverine" #310 by Jeph Loeb and Simone Bianchi.

Similar to his "Runaways" answer, Singh said some of the "Secret Warriors" characters would turn up in a book not called "Secret Warriors."

:^:

Dan Buckley hates it, apparently

though why Dan Buckley hating cosmic means anyone should give a shit I do not know

he's a publisher, not an editor or a creative director

besides, people call it cosmic because that is what it is, trying to avoid that is silly

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Alternatively - hire Roger Stern to write Dr. Strange again.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2012
    So that Marvel Panel confirmed a few things...

-Red Hulk becomes "Red She-Hulk" with issue 58. Still written by Parker. (maybe this is the series with same staff, but totally new storyline?)
    -New series featuring some characters from Runaways
    -New series featuring some characters from Secret Warriors (same series maybe?)
    -Way confirmed to be leaving Deadpool for a new project.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Gotta say that I really like Cyclops's new costume. I know the eyepiece is not as practical as the simply visor, but if he's going to wear a full headpiece, that helmet looks way cooler.

Iron Man's suit looks pretty good too.

Not much interested in Silver Surfer, but I do want more cosmic stuff. Having Rocket and Nova in that image is a good sign.

H9f4bVe.png
    So apparently Marjorie Liu said at a panel about diversity in comics that she pitched a comic to Marvel last year that would have been a team composed of Black Widow, X-23, Elektra, and Mystique.

It sounds cool, but part of me thinks that is kind of a bizarre line-up of people to get together. I guess no more bizarre than the Defenders, but still.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    they're all strong women willing to kill

bit bizarre but they share that

edited July 2012
    I am not that interested in any of those characters so my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt but

I dunno

it seems like Scans_Daily and the like bait to me

all of those are characters that have a very strong, vocal following on the internet. Not always a good one.

which makes sense from a business standpoint, but I have doubts on whether or not it would have been a good book

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    what Blank said

Give Marjorie Liu those characters and watch SD explode with happiness

and then sadness when it gets cancelled within the year

This discussion has been closed.