As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week - July 18th Edition

• Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Punisher War Journal:
    Frank crosses the line and snaps an innocent girl's neck. Fraction probably isn't well versed in Punisher mythos, as this shit would immediately end in Frank killing himself.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I'm gotta get this book now. The kid better fucking be a skrull or I'm gonna be pissed, this action basically destroys the fucking charecter.

Godfuckingdamnit.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the topic, apparently I missed this issue last week. Oops.

Are you reading PWJ? Because it's an awesome book.

I love the Punisher, and I usually am reading all his stuff. Unfortunatly I didnt pick the last one up, as soon as I'm off work here its down to the comic shop!

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    i just read Batman: Ego and holy crap that was a badass picture of Robin I want a poster of it

Well, scan it already.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited July 2007
    Speaking of scans, heres the four page spread from Birds of Prey..courtesy of scans daily.
    bopsplashqb7.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Who's the dude in the tuxedo? He looks so out of place. :lol:

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited July 2007
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Who's the dude in the tuxedo? He looks so out of place. :lol:

That would be Creote.

Bad Karma on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    All the guys look a little out of place.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited July 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    All the guys look a little out of place.

Actually Creote fits in perfectly.

And I love Nicola Scott.

Bad Karma on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    That would be Creote.

And I guess that's Savant next to him? When did they stop being villains? And who's the guy in the gimp mask, and the lady in white next to Metamorpho and Judomaster?

Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    That would be Creote.

And I guess that's Savant next to him? When did they stop being villains? And who's the guy in the gimp mask, and the lady in white next to Metamorpho and Judomaster?

They stopped being villains a while ago. In the early #80's, I think. Savant saved (one of?) the Birds' lives and then they returned the favor and then Zinda kept flirting with Creote and then found out Creote's gay.

no clue who those two are, though

Garlic Bread on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Harsh.

Also:
    Wouldn't Hulk have the stone/concrete fused with the skin/muscles of his hands and feet? You'd think that would make it pretty hard to move.

You'll notice that his hands are dripping, and the noise he makes is kind o a ripping?

Yeah, he ripped off his hands and feet, then they grew back really stupidly quick.

Basically, between that and Ghost Rider #13 there is no stopping the Hulk.

Well, apart from the SPIN tech, but Hardball fucked that right up.
    Technically, the Rider could kill the Hulk. He has the power, but won't do it, because the Illuminati aren't innocents. Johnny, on the other hand, couldn't, because he doesn't have the power.

Anyway, Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears ended okay. So much gore. WWH was great.
    Beats the shit out of She-Hulk.
    And USM did a nice job dealing with Peter's talk with May, especially for Bagley's last issue.
    EDIT: And holy shit. Just read the All Flash scan. I need to pick that up when I go back next week.
    Next month, Flash picks up with the old numbering, right?

Me Too! on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Harsh.

Also:
    Wouldn't Hulk have the stone/concrete fused with the skin/muscles of his hands and feet? You'd think that would make it pretty hard to move.

You'll notice that his hands are dripping, and the noise he makes is kind o a ripping?

Yeah, he ripped off his hands and feet, then they grew back really stupidly quick.

Basically, between that and Ghost Rider #13 there is no stopping the Hulk.

Well, apart from the SPIN tech, but Hardball fucked that right up.
    Technically, the Rider could kill the Hulk. He has the power, but won't do it, because the Illuminati aren't innocents. Johnny, on the other hand, couldn't, because he doesn't have the power.

Anyway, Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears ended okay. So much gore. WWH was great.
    Beats the shit out of She-Hulk.
    And USM did a nice job dealing with Peter's talk with May, especially for Bagley's last issue.
    EDIT: And holy shit. Just read the All Flash scan. I need to pick that up when I go back next week.
    Next month, Flash picks up with the old numbering, right?
    I had no idea the Ghost Rider's powers were that great, were they always that vast? I mean when the rider and not the human is in control. I never figured he had so much power in him.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yep. Next month is Flash #231.

I like World War Hulk, but I'm a bit confused.
    Do they expect us to believe that ALL of the X-Men are somehow outmatched by the Hulk? I mean, they barely put up a fight. And ALL of the Avengers vs like 5 guys (Hulk seemed a bit distracted with Thing/Mister Fantastic) and somehow a giant bug, a red girl, ONE Brood, and 2 guys who are up there with Thing in terms of strength(about 80-100) are somehow more than a match for the Avengers? Or are they just seriously misrepresenting to power and skill of Eloe and Miek? (Let's face it. About 6 of the Brood aren't much of a challenge for Ms. Marvel. Something tells me 1 isn't a challenge for much of anyone.)

The Muffin Man on
    edited July 2007
    The Rider was always more willing to do shit, so he taps into the power more. For a long time, though, it was Johnny in control, so his powers were limited. Read from the second part of the arc where he goes to Hell, and totally fucks up the Devil. Definitely has way more power when Johnny gives up control.
    And as for the Hulk, like they said in WWH #1: He's never been angrier, so he's never been stronger.
    And he is mighty pissed off.

Damn. Wally coming back is going to get me to buy DC for the first time.

Me Too! on
    edited July 2007
    I know it was last week, but I just got it. Sooooo
    Nova #4. What the fuck?

Also, this week, The Tick Comic-Con Extravaganza. Because it's The Tick.

Me Too! on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Do they expect us to believe that ALL of the X-Men are somehow outmatched by the Hulk? I mean, they barely put up a fight. And ALL of the Avengers vs like 5 guys (Hulk seemed a bit distracted with Thing/Mister Fantastic) and somehow a giant bug, a red girl, ONE Brood, and 2 guys who are up there with Thing in terms of strength(about 80-100) are somehow more than a match for the Avengers? Or are they just seriously misrepresenting to power and skill of Eloe and Miek? (Let's face it. About 6 of the Brood aren't much of a challenge for Ms. Marvel. Something tells me 1 isn't a challenge for much of anyone.)

It has been stated that the planet of Sakaar had much higher gravity than Earth and that basically everything there is stronger than on Earth, even like, the fabrics they use for clothing.

DarkPrimus on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    i just read Batman: Ego and holy crap that was a badass picture of Robin I want a poster of it

Well, scan it already.

it's hardcover so it won't scan the whole thing (it's in the fold) and my scanner doesn't work anyway
    :(

Garlic Bread on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i too am glad that the WWH series ramped up to third gear in the second issue

they took a right turn at aweseome street and took a left at Fuck-blammo avenue during WWH X-men

im kinda pissed now thouse. Ben used to be one of my faves
    when fighting the hulk, but it seems like they significantly made him weaker

is colossus stronger than the thing now?

delphinus on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Didn't Hulk
    break Colossus' fucking arms?

I'd think that would be harder than just
    knocking Thing out.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hasn't Thing always been weaker? I remember reading that Thing only stands a chance because he's one of the few super-strong fighters with actual skill.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JLofA #11 was damn cool. Ultimate Spider-man has to take the prize for Moment of the Week for the whole issue.

Close second is Brave and the Bold with the way Brainy is treating Batman and then all of a sudden Bats jost cold-cocks him. I laughed.

EDIT: OH OH! I almost forgot The Spirit: "You're Mr. Sexypants!"

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hasn't Thing always been weaker? I remember reading that Thing only stands a chance because he's one of the few super-strong fighters with actual skill.

That's what I thought aswell

Algertman on
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Algertman wrote: »

That's what I thought aswell

This is pretty much the case... but what with the Hulk being stuck on a planet of fighters with his powers and healing crippled... he's learned how to fight quite well.

Add that to getting his powers back and being super pissed off.. Poor blue eyes was woefully outclassed. Same with Colossus, and even the Juggernaught.

The Hulk has always been more than a match for the majority of the Avengers and X-Men. They have never had heavy hitters who could stand up to him other than Thor, and that goes pretty much either way depending on who is writing and which version of the Hulk it is.

The rest have only ever been able to win via outsmarting him. That isn't really as possible now, as he's stronger, smart, crafty, and very focused (as opposed to blind rage). In addition to that, his warbound are there with a variety of their own powers to watch his back... so it's fairly believable in that sense. Plus, you have to kind of imagine that after seeing WHY the Hulk is there, some may agree with him and not really be giving it their all.

EclecticGroove on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Also the Juggernaught -

"I'm the J-" KA-DENIED. (They should've used this as a sound effect, would've made about as much sense as some of the other ones they've picked)

LockeCole on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I didn't get that. I mean, I roffled, but I thought Juggernaut was supposed to be literally un-stoppable when fully Cytorraked-up? As in, there is magic at play which makes it physically impossible to impede his motion...

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
    edited July 2007
    I didn't get that. I mean, I roffled, but I thought Juggernaut was supposed to be literally un-stoppable when fully Cytorraked-up? As in, there is magic at play which makes it physically impossible to impede his motion...

He's been stopped by the Hulk when he was the War horseman for apocalypse. And This incarnation of the Hulk is arguably a LOT stronger than that.

The Juggernaut has finite limits to his strength, the Hulk has no known physical limit... it'd just take some doing to get there, and he can obviously be taken down by superior force if they do it quickly enough... which very few are capable of.

EclecticGroove on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Could be the demon fucking with Juggs, preventing his full power.
    Or it could just be Marvel making hulk stronger and stronger. I mean, just in WWH: Xmen he withstands a full eye blast from cyclops, a mental attack from Xavier (and presumably Emma and the Cuckoos), Juggs going full tilt at him, and he fucking escapes concrete that hes been phased into.

Im pretty sure this is an all new power level or something.

Oh, and I read the Punisher War Journal and I suppose it does work into the story, and I doubt (hope) shes not dead. God I love the punisher.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Or it could just be Marvel making hulk stronger and stronger. I mean, just in WWH: Xmen he withstands a full eye blast from cyclops, a mental attack from Xavier (and presumably Emma and the Cuckoos), Juggs going full tilt at him, and he fucking escapes concrete that hes been phased into.

Oh, and I read the Punisher War Journal and I suppose it does work into the story, and I doubt (hope) shes not dead. God I love the punisher.
    In WWH: X-men it sounded like Juggs wasn't fully powered or at least was expecting more of his power to manifest itself. It might now have mattered, I really do think he's just being fucked with..

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    In WWH: X-men it sounded like Juggs wasn't fully powered or at least was expecting more of his power to manifest itself. It might now have mattered, I really do think he's just being fucked with..

I really don't think it would have mattered.. but at least it might have made sense of the laughably short fight if true.

EclecticGroove on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't remember 100% clearly but I think in a what-if it took Thor to beat a Symbiote enhanced Hulk. Thats a question, how do Thor and Sentry compare in power terms? I'm sure Hulk has stopped Juggernaut in motion once before also.

DarkWarrior on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't remember 100% clearly but I think in a what-if it took Thor to beat a Symbiote enhanced Hulk. Thats a question, how do Thor and Sentry compare in power terms? I'm sure Hulk has stopped Juggernaut in motion once before also.
    Well, Thor has fought Hulk to a standstill a bunch of times. Ultimately, though, the Deus should beat the Deus ex Machina.

Fencingsax on
    edited July 2007

Strange said it in #1: He's never been angrier, so he's never been stronger.
    And he is mighty pissed.

Me Too! on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Jesus Christ.

I don't care what anyone says, this was my moments of the week.

Storm and Johnny going nearly full tilt on The Hulk, incinerating a building, and have it do absolutley nothing.

And

May he who dies.....Die will.

Everyone just standing around in fucking AWE at the Thing going full tilt on Hulk. Jesus, that was badass.

Transporter on
  • HyperWrenchHyperWrench Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was planning on skipping WWH, but now I may have to start picking up these books.

HyperWrench on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
    THIS IS FOR MAKING ME AFRAID OF TOILETS! and

Okay...Y'know what? You guys are busy. I'll just wait up here.

The Order
    Hey Carlos, didn't you just save Los Angeles?

Pretty much, yeah.

WWH: X-Men:

Christos Gage is pretty damn awesome and should be writing more things than just event crossovers.

I heartily support those first two (I didn't read the third). I thought I would dislike The Order, but it was a really good issue. If they keep up that kind of quality, I will continue buying it.

I just randomly grabbed FNSM this week, and I'm very happy I did.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Jesus Christ.

I don't care what anyone says, this was my moments of the week.

Storm and Johnny going nearly full tilt on The Hulk, incinerating a building, and have it do absolutley nothing.

And

May he who dies.....Die will.

Everyone just standing around in fucking AWE at the Thing going full tilt on Hulk. Jesus, that was badass.

I liked GR #13 better.
    "Is that bad?" "You'll see..."
    And then he proceeds to blow shit up.

Me Too! on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Speaking of scans, heres the four page spread from Birds of Prey..courtesy of scans daily.
    bopsplashqb7.jpg

What the christ is going on with Nightwing's leg

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    He's posing.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey, they put Huntress back in her reasonable outfit.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited July 2007
    connor isn't white

and i laugh because big barda is so tall

Garlic Bread on
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

First, lets look at Saakar. The planet, as Pak said, is harsh. everything is heavier, metals are stronger. Maybe its a gravity that´s 2-3X times over, but its enough to make the base Hulk, who was like among the srtongest here, seem about the same strenght.

And the Warbound are all top warrior from this harsh planet. While the heroes of the Earth just tend to punch around (minus street level guys like Daredevil and Iron Fist), the Warbound are trained tough badass gladiators.

The Hulk-
    The Avengers had trouble defeating a dumb Hulk who could be outwitted. The Xmen too. This is a Hulk who´s more pissed-off than he´s ever been (aka stronger), and he is a trained fighter as well, with knowledge how to use it. Remeber Superman vs Wonder Woman? Superman takes time to defeat her, even though she´s weaker, as all he needs to do is punch, and she´s a trained warrior... now imagine if she had the same strenght? Now marvel database puts Hulk´s fighting skills at 6 of 7. His strenght, energy projection, durability are now at 7.

That´s why he can defeat the Xmen, who only know the Hulk from their older battles, and Danger room simulations, and were not expecting a stronger, adaptable and intelligent fighter Hulk. Let the Xmen reprogram the new data into Danger Room, train a bit, and they´ll be able to beat him.

Hiroim-
    The oldstrong has the combined knowledge, strenght and skill of his people, think, the Hulk´s wife, of the same race, fought the Hulk in Planet Hulk to a standstill. He´s at least Thing-level, with Iron Fist´s/Shang-chi´s skills. So unless Ares or the Thing turned black belts 10X over, it aint no easy battle. Can turn to stone.

Korg-
    Kronan, his people are at thing-level of strenght (or more, as wiki puts him at 100 tons). He has fought as a gladiator in Saakar, so he´s far from the typical Kronan. He shrugged off a punch from an enraged Hulk, without as much as any sign of pain, so he can probably take more punishment than the Thing.

Elloe Kaifi-
    From high ranking Sakaaran blood, born in a hash planet, an accomplished warrior, taught by the Imperial Guardsman Lavin Kee. Think Spiderman-strenght, with battle skills.

Miek-
    From the same planet, heavily armoured "King" version of his race, so think Spiderman with Rhino´s hide, and again, a trained fighter.

No-Name-
    A Brood gladiator, who can think of his own instead of following the Hive mind. Only one i´d place below Spiderman´s strenght.

I can pretty much believe Hiroim, Elloe and Korg taking out the Avengers, although I dont think Brood should be that strong.

JCM on