As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] Dragon Slayers: OOC Thread

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    @wassermelone Hit me with some initiative and I can get this dragon-crushing ball rolling.

Ok well if @Wassermelone doesn't check in by thursday I'm gonna move this thing along with a 5-man party.

Hope everyone else is still here?

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Still here!

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Ayup.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Must kill dragons.

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Here!

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hey guys, so, if it wasn't already obvious, I'm having trouble posting regularly. I've tried the play by post thing a couple times and it seems every time I do something major in my life intrudes... this time was no different! I got layed off about when we started slaying dragons and I thought I could make it work. But more and more of my time is job search related (last week or so was flying back and forth between the west coast and east coast for various interviews). Things are looking up on the job front, but it just means Im going to be busier, with a possible cross country move/drive and a home search... not to mention starting at a new job. Dragon slaying doesn't take that much time, but its just one more commitment and it pretty evident I couldn't hack it along with everything else! Im sure by now you've figured this out, but I'm bowing out.

Anyway, sorry for leaving the game hanging :(

Good luck guys!

Wassermelone on
    No worries man, that is a perfectly valid reason to not be posting about imaginary dragons. Best of luck with the new job and thanks for all the slaying!

As for the rest of you, I should have the next post up tomorrow evening (GMT) so get your staves/spears/daggers/crossbows/khopeshes ready.

Okay, anyone have any plans as to what to do with the pillars? Perhaps try and separate the monsters and kill one at a time?

The toadthing only has 160HP, we could probably burst it down in a round anyhow.

ew9y0DD.png
    I'm inclined to try and grab the Ice Lizard while you kids down the banderhob.

Just as a heads up I'm away from most of civilization from the 19th to the 26th this month (next thursday to following thursday).

And i'm back from my road trip tomorrow. Will post then.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I don't think Evanche is equipped in any way in moving pillars.

Do they reach to the ceiling (is there a ceiling) or are they a certain height? I was considering flying around them but that's really not an option for everywhere.

Characters
    To pull a number out of the air (geddit) let's say the ceiling's 50ft high and the pillars do reach to the top.

Kothargix can make Arcana checks well enough. Which bad guy are we trying to pen in and which one are we trying to kill?

edited July 2012
    Whoops. Double Post.

Steelhawk on
    We could try to pin in the dragon, and murderate the toad-thing, as he's already demonstrated the ability to move the columns around.

ew9y0DD.png
    I've no doubt the dragon can move the pillars too, but its worth a try!

Is everyone waiting for me? I was waiting for you!

So, any input? Do you want me to engage the toad-thing, or go right for the dragon? I think putting the toad-thing down fast could be useful.

ew9y0DD.png
    Go for the Toad!

I don't think we'll able to effectively shut the dragon out with the Pillars, but what we may be able to do is keep some cover between the toad thing and the dragon so that as we pound on the toad, the Dragon can't breathe icy doom all over us.

edited July 2012
    Hmm. Blending Armour in the character builder and Blending Armour on the compendium do not agree with each other.

Edit: Also, crit.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    Nice crit! Yea, I was thinking of bumrushing the toad as well so that's likely where I'm starting after I get some reading and my post in.

Characters
    Ugh, you pushed him into the corner away from bursting :/

...No I did not just find that out by doublechecking after I had already written out my actions and rolled dice, that would be silly!

Characters
    Sorry, I was attempting to efficiently separate them so we could wall the dragon in with pillars. Whups.

ew9y0DD.png
    Not that I want to get hit by a Dragon or anything, but isn't it your turn @Grog?

Grog wrote: »
    Just as a heads up I'm away from most of civilization from the 19th to the 26th this month (next thursday to following thursday).

FYI, Steel. :)

ew9y0DD.png
    D'oh!!!

Apologies for the slight delay, turns out that living in the mountains for a week can cause things to pile up a bit.

So take it away @nealneal and @majestic goat

I'm going to hope the Terminator can give me a shot at a save before I take my turn.

Hmm seems our metal man has gone missing. I'm sans internet this weekend, so I'll give @majestic goat til monday to magically reappear.

Otherwise someone'll be rolling for him until we sort things out.

Sorry for the delay guys, let's see if we can get this moving again. @nealneal since Big Iron's in your block (and you're stunned) could you take control of him for now? His sheet's in the OP of both threads.

Absolutely, I'll have something up early tomorrow morning.

I hate to mention this, but...my opportunity attack will stop his movement.

Man these white dragons can't catch a break. That'll mean the attacks are negated. Now I remember why I stunned you.

These white dragons need to cut the bullshit and have fire vulnerability already!

Characters
    Sooo. Where's the dragon? I assume I'm still in the same position as those OAs had no effect on me.

ew9y0DD.png
    The rampage still went off then, yes? I need to know if my little Kobold is prone or not.

Yeah should've clarified that the dragon is in it's original position of D6-F8, and the rampage was basically cancelled.

Alenthian is in the same position, but is prone (and has an OA to roll vs the toad).

edited August 2012
    I updated the stat block in my post to reflect the halted rampage.

Dazed dragons are the best dragons.

Nealneal on
    I may be slightly slow in posting on account of apartment hunting but I will try.

Characters