As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE] - A Game of Megathrons

19596979899101»

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    Zenitram wrote: »
    When an incursion HQ fleet gets going, they can do a site every 30 minutes. For 31mil and 7,000 CONCORD LP per site, that's not too shabby, especially when you don't have to keep your eye on local or D-Scan. It does require you to pay a little bit of attention, but as far as social PVE goes it's pretty fun.

No one does Incursions any more. CCP ruined them.

I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling here KiTA. Probably not because you were ranting about the vanguard changes, but whether those were justified or not is completely irrelevant to HQ sites which were straight-out buffed.

How much is 14k CONCORD LP worth these days? 62 mill/hr plus that LP could make it worthwhile, if LP has recovered from the huge amounts being pumped out by vanguards even with a low 1k ISK/LP estimate that's 76 mill/hr.

Unless I misundersood the patch notes et all, I was under the impression they fucked up ALL Incursion sites, specifically fucking up the ones that we were going to move to. Basically it went:

* CCP places Incursion changes for Vanguard sites on test server
    * Changes get tested, generally are accepted as being needed and not out of line
    * CCP drinks enough vodka to piss themselves again
    * CCP wakes up, does a completely different, untested set of changes to ALL incursion sites, not just Vanguards, completely ruining them.

Basically they're not worth the hassle to run anymore when you could go do a Guristas Forsaken Hub or Guristas Forlorn Hub any Nullsec Anom solo for 50 to 150m isk an hour, depending on your skill and ship setup.

Edit: I just checked in with the Incursions SIG in Goonfleet, and no, no one is running Incursions anymore. They're just too much effort for not enough reward.

I will never understand this:

"People are playing, enjoying, and theorycrafting our relatively new content! FUCKING NERF IT!"

• Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Well, when new content is the only content worth playing you end up with WoW.

Lochiel on
  • Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    Wulf wrote: »
    So, I currently have a Hurricane fitted out with T2 420mm AC's (Or 425's can't recall exactly, but you know what I mean). Would it be worth my time to switch out to Artillery? I have no issues with L3 missions, but I've been hearing that I might be going about this the wrong way?

Most pve hurricanes I've seen in level 3 missions use arties. But if you have no problems with missions while fitted with ACs, there is no need to change to artillery. AC cane should be more fun to fly than arty cane anyway. Considering that flying missions is soul-crushing boring in general, any bit of fun you can get out of it is worth it.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Well I know that Goons aren't running incursions anymore, but we're sometimes not the center of the universe when it comes to doin' thangs, and when it comes to hisec incursions we're definitely not.

I think the thing you're talking about is that they changed the sansha influence to go up at truly absurd rates that made incursions just about impossible to run, with people having to accept shitty income and all pile on one incursion site just to keep the system penalties down.

Then this happened, and apparently now you can get 72 million ISK/hour in a acceptable HQ (40-man fleet?) group?

• Options
    PapillonPapillon Registered User regular
    Wulf wrote: »
    So, I currently have a Hurricane fitted out with T2 420mm AC's (Or 425's can't recall exactly, but you know what I mean). Would it be worth my time to switch out to Artillery? I have no issues with L3 missions, but I've been hearing that I might be going about this the wrong way?

I haven't done missions in a while, so this is based on my experience shooting rats in 0.0; but it depends. If you have no problems getting in range quickly and tanking in close, then go with AC for the DPS boost. If you spend a lot of time getting in range, or have to pull range to control incoming DPS, you might consider switching to Arty. EFT will tell you what range the cross-over point at. Also, keep in mind arty has have trouble hitting frigates if they get in close.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    "People are playing, enjoying, and theorycrafting our relatively new content! FUCKING NERF IT!"

Well, the problem is the new content was just shitting isk, and they do try to keep the income levels somewhat... sane.

Huh. 101 pages. New thread time?

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Well I know that Goons aren't running incursions anymore, but we're sometimes not the center of the universe when it comes to doin' thangs, and when it comes to hisec incursions we're definitely not.

I think the thing you're talking about is that they changed the sansha influence to go up at truly absurd rates that made incursions just about impossible to run, with people having to accept shitty income and all pile on one incursion site just to keep the system penalties down.

Then this happened, and apparently now you can get 72 million ISK/hour in a acceptable HQ (40-man fleet?) group?

And that's a lot of ISK for hi-sec PvE income.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »

To be honest, that's pretty good even for Nullsec. 72million hour / 3 is 24 million a tick, which is... Way more than I get ratting in my Ishtar.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Yeah the abloo-blooing about hi-sec incursions ISK/hr getting nerfed didn't get a whole lot of sympathy from me. Not to mention that they were emptying out 0.0 as people found it more lucrative to whore hi-sec incursions.

Me? I'm happy with my ~80M/hr from Angel missions.

• Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Cool, yeah the cannons seem to be doing alright. Working on skills for the big Battleships now, so I have something to work towards :3

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    This is a cute article.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    It's funny, for all the shit we get as an alliance and culture, Goons really are some of the most helping people I've ever met in the game. That's probably why I stick around. No newbie gets showered with love like a Goon newbie, semi-internet-famous reporter or not.

Plus we all know the ASCII penises means we like you.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

It is an impressive, but I'd say it's about right. It's remarkably difficult to get 40 people together and run stuff. Or rather, 40 people that don't contain any idiots that will fail horribly and ruin everything for everyone else.

Now 100+ mil/hr on 10-man vanguards that don't require nearly as much organization...yeah. It's good those were changed.

Finally, that PCGamer article is adorable.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular

It is an impressive, but I'd say it's about right. It's remarkably difficult to get 40 people together and run stuff. Or rather, 40 people that don't contain any idiots that will fail horribly and ruin everything for everyone else.

Now 100+ mil/hr on 10-man vanguards that don't require nearly as much organization...yeah. It's good those were changed.

No, that still seems like way to much for absolutely zero risk...

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Heroth wrote: »

No, that still seems like way to much for absolutely zero risk...

Have you ever been involved in shit like WoW 40-man raids (I shamefully have played that game), and had to watch your leaders struggle with herding cats? Do you have any metrics on how long these incursionfleets take to form up when you can start ratting in 0.0 instantly?

The encounters could still be too easy, I've never been on a HQ fleet so vOv. But if it's anything similar to mothership fleets than claiming that it's "absolutely zero risk" is a viewpoint borne from ignorance. If your logis are slacking you are going down in mere seconds in a 40+ setting's DPS.

This discussion has been closed.