As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Aion] Is Now Completely Free To Play. 3.0 Is Now Live.

1474849505153»

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ton of new stuff added to the Aion store:

6801f51fe6adc158c606ae34.jpg

AFAIK everything that isn't marked otherwise is permanent.

You can visit the store to find out what individual things are.
    http://na.aiononline.com/store

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    If there is any kind of PA presence at all involved with this game, I DLed it to kill some time. I went to the Israphael server as an Elyos? So if anything exsists there, let me know. Otherwise I am just relaxing and killing shit.

• Options
    For all purposes; no. Israphel/Elyos is where a Legion was made (given) during the reactivation a bit ago; but I don't think anyone is seriously playing.

Just relax and kill shit. If you see folks with a Legion and you're interested; go for it. Better to play with people at all than hope for some renewed PA interest. :(

And regarding my previous notes about Asmo's; @Psychoish is right. I totally forgot I made my Asmo's on a server of a RL friend; not the PA crew; so feel free to ignore my information regarding that.

I'm still hoping I"ll be able to swing getting my Elyos all shifted to Israphel eventually.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Yeah every time I logged in I was alone in the PA Legion, even AFTER i gifted out millions of my vast wealth to try to keep people interested.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    McWhatMcWhat Registered User regular
    Yeah every time I logged in I was alone in the PA Legion, even AFTER i gifted out millions of my vast wealth to try to keep people interested.

Just fyi, my friendship is totally for sale...

I will not be held responsible for any decrease in your IQ
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoawUotNFmFBFMC5glWqYOg
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Ugh. I really want to support the F2P move by NCSoft; if they can make a game of this quality work as a truly free experience supported by cash shop quality-of-life items, it will be wonderful.

Now, I just need to get a copy of Windows for Boot Camp, since I gave my Mom my old gaming rig when I moved out of state. Also, my 35 Elyos Templar is on ...Siel, for some reason. :/

Maybe I'll buy something small off the cash shop just to register support, and work on getting back into Aion later.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    Weird, I can still log into both my Asmo and Elyos on Tiamat. I figured by now they would have done the lockout/server move thing. :(

I want to get the rest of my Elyos to Israphel.

• Options
    BigbootsBigboots Registered User regular
    Can anyone give me a download link to Aion? For some reason the US Aion website is down for me.

• Options
    I can't atm, but just get the nclauncher from any ncsoft game like City of Heroes, or Guild Wars and you download it via that.

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    It has some new download agent it wants to install on your machine. Pando media booster.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    I think that's part of it ya; there was some weirdness with that around 3.0 launch, where they removed it temporarily; not sure if they put it back in.

But it is all still gotten via the nclauncher.

• Options
    Why the hell is Aion so slow to download? And all the damn ncsoft aion websites are down too.

• Options
    weird, the aion sites work fine for me. The main site and the ncsoft master account all work.

• Options
    This is ridiculous. I finally download the game, and now I can't log on because I'm getting an error telling me "You must agree to the Aion game service agreement to proceed." Oh and after I switched to windowed mode my resolution got stuck at the lowest setting.

• Options
    You're having really weird errors.

You have to accept the ToS every time you log in; I'm not sure if you're just missing the OK or something? I've never seen that error.

And I've never played in windowed mode so I can't help you there. :(

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Fixed it! For some reason I had to re-register on the NCsoft website. Now my only problem is my resolution is stuck at the lowest setting.

Bigboots on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    3.1 is going live Wed.

No patch notes yet but uh...this is interesting:
    A new shared server will be available: the Fast-Track Server, which can be accessed as easily as switching channels in-game. This server is designed for players level 1-50, and grants double XP—level in half the time! Rift buffs will always be up on the Fast-Track Server, while rift buffs will be taken down on the standard servers!

Thats...cool? I'm interested to see how that will play out. double xp for leveling at (apparently) the higher risk for getting ganked from rifters. Also level requirements for a lot of dungeons will be lowered; enemies will be lowered so you can do it with fewer people; but they reward more xp and better loot. Just the leveling dungeons; not the cap stuff.

Anyway, linky
    http://na.aiononline.com/news/announcements/jump-new-31-update-july-18

notes will probably be out with the patch.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Double XP is on the one without the risk of being ganked. You can pretty go right up to 60 without ever actually PvP'ing with the exception being a part of Inggison/whatever the asmodian one was. Sarpan/Tiamaranta are PvE mode except around forts/artifacts for the most part.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    Turns out rifts just simply don't exist at all on the fast-track server.

http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Aion:+Ascension+3.1+Update+Patch+Notes

4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That's weird; that post yesterday that I linked is worded incredibly bad then.

Why have rift buffs with no rifts? And no rift buffs on standard servers, but there are rifts?

:rotate:

EDIT: I mean, they're not "servers" really, anyway, they're just accessible "channels" on every server, assuming the other info was right.

EDIT2: I guess it is actually a separate server you can access like a channel; says you can play with people on different servers in the fast-track; but not your normal server.

Very interesting. Wonder if the xp amulets will buff above the double xp?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    So, I've only played to level 35, and only as a Templar - would it really hurt, gear-wise, to fast-track your way to 60 and have only whatever quest rewards or drops you scrounge to start one's "endgame"? Does crafting allow you to get into adequate gear, or would it make sense to fast-track for awhile, go grind AP in PvP to gear up, go back to fast-track PvE, etc.?

You would think I'd know better by now than to steep myself in knowledge about an MMO I'm "considering" coming back to, but no, I just keep on steeping. :|

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    3.5 is apparently live.

If I'm bored later I'll do a quick write up of the features, but right now I've got too much to do in WoW.

Also, unless there's something in the patch notes that brings back CoX I'm not sure I can bring myself to care that much. :rotate:

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    Man, I haven't played this since 1.9, but I've been itching for a decent mmo and this might do the trick. If anyone still plays, shoot me a PM, I'm thinking I'm gonna roll a new Templar on Tiamat

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    so my Secret World group decided to check this out now that it's FTP. We're the angel faction on Siel.

so far my favorite part of this game is the character creation, one of my buddies created an utter monstrosity.
    Zs0UXFQ.jpg

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    haha, that was always fun. It seemed like every server had 1 or 2 horrific monstrosities running around and they became famous in their own right.

I'm really tempted to come back to this game too. I've been playing TERA, but it's not nearly as complex and interesting a game. Does anyone know where the servers are located currently? Unfortunately ping makes a huge difference in this game and I'm not going to roll an assassin if I'm >100ms.

• Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Haven't really played Aion seriously since back at launch, with the new changes and all that...how are Assassins for solo-leveling?

• Options
    For whatever reason I felt like loading this up. IT's currently updating but apparently patch 4.0 is live?

Like...what? I don't remember the last major patch I played, but I guess there's new classes and stuff?

Man I don't even know.

I will report back. But I won't lie, I'm only loading it up because the XIV beta isn't for another week and I am so burned out on WoW it hurts. So I doubt I'll play much.

The double XP shards sound pretty nice though.

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    As long as I can have awesome angel wings and fly around granting wishes. Then it's still a great game.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Double post, sorry

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Can you have more than one spirit master in a party yet? The lack of stacking dots made that impossible back when I played (which was ... before the first expansion pack).

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if this works on Win 8 yet? Last time i tried it didn't work on Win8 x64

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    I don't know the answer to your question!

But, for what its worth it has a totally new, independent launcher (silly ncsoft, try to consolidate your games into a single launcher, with the issues that causes, then go back and put them back individual), that might make a difference; and it has a semi-overhauled UI. it feels more snappy than last time I played (the UI) for sure, and the tooltips for stuff is way more informative and easier to read.

Same engine as before though, serious lag in the capitols still and they still haven't dealt with the fact that players have both elyos and asmo's on the same servers from merges. they said like a year ago they were going to do transfers for them but nope. :rotate: So I still can't get my Elyos to Israphel because there's no damn way I'm gonna pay for it.

• Options
    So...nothing substantial to say except the new character creation music is fucking incredible.

• Options
    Would you say it was.. Bonerrific?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Apparently there are different musics for the different factions character creation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Lx5IzpJUo

The Elyos one is decent but not nearly as good.

Anyway, I don't think I can do it. Even with the fast track stuff and all the UI improvements...it just feels...I dunno. Like "why don't I just play WoW instead?". I'm actually a bit bummed out that I'm having trouble getting into it a bit because the big ass cannon of the gunner is tech duders is something I want desperately.

I'll probably give it a bit more time again. The double XP is actually really nice. I'm almost 10 and I'm only halfway through the starting zone, if even that. It's crazy fast.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    KesahKesah Registered User regular
    Decided to try this again, after a brief stint at launch. Not sure if anyone here still plays but I figure it couldn't hurt to throw out a question or two. Mainly I am having trouble deciding between Gladiator and Templar, interested in both pve and pvp, not a huge fan of tanking though so that leans me more towards Gladiator I guess? Also scythes. Are they (or templars) viable in pvp, or are templars capable of being dps in pve? I will say I've noticed a few templars, and virtually no gladiators in the little bit I've played so far.