Hello All! With the blessing Gene Parmesan and Moe Fwacky, this is the 'official' PrePAX Boardgame Meetup thread, containing actual event information. It's a lot less formal than last year's and won't be setting up specific games, times and seats.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Sheraton has [legit] concerns about fire code violations with so many people in the lobbies. They've given us dedicated gaming rooms that include table service! Gaming is not prohibited in the lobbies, but on Thursday night when the crowd are biggest, please make every effort to game in one of the rooms (listed below). Since this is the first time we've gotten rooms like this, be flexible and understand that there will be kinks to be worked out. If you get asked by the Sheraton staff to move, please be respectful and honor their request.
The hotel has indicated that players are welcome in the bar, as long as they're ordering an amount equivalent to a normal table seating each hour. Basically, no tablesquatting and ordering one soda for 6 people all night.
A coordinated meetup the night before PAX for anyone with board games, or anyone who wants to play boardgames.
Sheraton Hotel: Diamond A&B and Chelan Rooms. These are the rooms across from the fireplace lobby area – kind of behind the desk.
4:00 PM until late, late, late
HOW IT WORKS:
On the Thread
1. If you have games to bring, please post what you're bringing here.
2. If you're looking to play a specific game, please post here.
Once Present at the Sheraton
1. There will be an info table staffed by cookie brigadiers/PAXers from 4:00 until 10 OR 11 ish in the bar
. We'll try to have one in the game rooms as well. Consider a donation to Child's Play and a cookie before getting your game on! (If you can't find the table, KEEP LOOKING. There's only so much ground to cover.)
2. If you've got a game and are looking for players, put the box top of the game vertically on your table. This is the universal sign for "I don't care who you are, please join us"
3. If you're looking to join a game, look for vertical box tops.
4. If you have games you're willing to loan out, you can leave them at the info table - OR - leave information about where you'll be sitting so that the brigadiers/check in folks can direct people to you. WARNING: If you leave games to be checked out without your supervision, you run the risk of lost pieces or games.
5. Remember to tip your server!! They have to make a living that night too. Being good guests is critical to this event's welcome at the Sheraton.
Burning Wheel RPG
Epic Spell War
Super Dungeon Explore
Siege of the Citadel
shadowscout's Google Doc with Links to Game Descriptions
7 Wonders + All Expansions
Arkham Horror (maybe)
Aye Dark Overlord
Battlestar Galactica + Pegasus Expansion
Betrayal at House on the Hill; 1st edition
Cards Against Humanity
Chaos in the Old World
Civilization: The Board Game
Descent 2nd (maybe)
Fluxx - Monty Python
Fluxx - Zombie
Game of Thrones (maybe)
Gamers vs. Evil
Kittens in a Blender
Last Night on Earth + Radioactive Grave Dead
Magic the Gathering
Mansions of Madness
Martiandice (may be the same thing as the line above, not sure?)
Memoir '44 + Pacific Theater and Eastern Front expansions
Munchin - Pirate
Munchkin - Star (C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER)
Munchkin - Super
Munchkin - Vampire
Munchkin with Expansions
Ninja Burger + 1
Rumble in R'lyeh
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Settlers of Catan
Settlers of Catan Dice
Small World - Base Set
Star Fleet Battles (Maybe)
The Burning Wheel
The Great Dalmuti
Thunderstone Advance + Caverns of Bane
Ticket to Ride
Ticket to Ride - Europe
Ticket to Ride - USA
World of Warcraft Board Game (maybe)
Wrath of Ashardalon
Zombie Dice + Expansions
Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.