As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Test Ticket works perfectly, can't wait till registration goes live.

Slytherin DE 4 lyfe!!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    Success! No problems with the test tickets. I'm having trouble searching for the event on the iOS app, but the computer link / password works perfectly fine.

• BozkoBozko Registered User regular
    Ravenclaw DEs will rock this again~

R.O.A.C.H. 's Aluminum Chef~
    SUPER VILLAINS UNITE!
    JOIN R.O.A.C.H. Today!
    The Destructive Kitchen
    R.O.A.C.H. Home Page
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Success! No problems with the test tickets. I'm having trouble searching for the event on the iOS app, but the computer link / password works perfectly fine.

The event is set to private so it shouldn't show up in search results.

• AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    Ah, then I can confirm the privacy settings are working perfectly.

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    skarsol wrote: »
    Sumi wrote: »
    skarsol wrote: »
    Speaking of being wrecked, as someone who has completed their scorecard every year, if you pretend that there is a secret challenge in addition to all the others that consists of drinking at least a pint glass of water at every bar, your likelihood of being wrecked the next day is greatly diminished. A hearty meal beforehand is key as well. Drink smart!

But then there's less room in your stomach for booze. :(

CA CAAAW!!

Maybe if you're a leeetle girl. :P

Are you saying you're a Gigantic Girl?

I've been called worse. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Woohoo! Can't wait until HP's birthday to get a spot for my husband and me!

• GargGarg Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    With all the discussion of what to drink edit:how to avoid hangovers, I feel it's necessary to inject some science into this magic.

Garg on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    lizpirate wrote: »
    As a first time TWDT attendee (hopefully!), I had a question about the houses.

Does each house tend to attract certain types? How do you choose which house to sign up for?

Yes. If you are awesome, Canadian or international, or awesomely Canadian or international, you are in Ravenclaw.

The rest of the houses exist just because Ravenclaw fills up. Ravenclaw is like Chuck Norris.

I would like to pre-object to not making AtlusParker's head explode because I can't be there this year. Thus I demand a sacrifice.

(And truthfully, you pick a house based on color scheme, like of the mascot, like of the name, the ability perhaps to pronounce say "Hufflepuff" vs. "Slytherin" whilst mad drunk, house space, etc. etc. and if you are awesome, Ravenclaw.)

• Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    As someone who has traveled with two of the four houses (and dueled against the other two), there's definitely a different vibe to each house, and they correspond closely to the books.

Hufflepuffs are friendly and convivial - the friendliest and most approachable of all houses.
    Griffindors are the most lively - full of excited, bold, outgoing people
    Ravenclaws are the most together - just amazingly coordinated and always have something clever in store
    Slitherins are often the coolest - a lot of sharp outfits and charming accents. Their DE contingent was a bit scary, though.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    lizpirate wrote: »
    As a first time TWDT attendee (hopefully!), I had a question about the houses.

Does each house tend to attract certain types? How do you choose which house to sign up for?

Yes. If you are awesome, Canadian or international, or awesomely Canadian or international, you are in Ravenclaw.

The rest of the houses exist just because Ravenclaw fills up. Ravenclaw is like Chuck Norris.

I would like to pre-object to not making AtlusParker's head explode because I can't be there this year. Thus I demand a sacrifice.

(And truthfully, you pick a house based on color scheme, like of the mascot, like of the name, the ability perhaps to pronounce say "Hufflepuff" vs. "Slytherin" whilst mad drunk, house space, etc. etc. and if you are awesome, Ravenclaw.)

Also, based on which house your friends are in (read: if you are awesome, Ravenclaw).

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    As someone who has traveled with two of the four houses (and dueled against the other two), there's definitely a different vibe to each house, and they correspond closely to the books.

Hufflepuffs are friendly and convivial - the friendliest and most approachable of all houses.
    Ravenclaws are the most together - just amazingly coordinated and always have something clever in store
    Slitherins are often the coolest - a lot of sharp outfits and charming accents. Their DE contingent was a bit scary, though.

This is pretty true. Although I'm curious, what about Slytherin's DE did you find scary? :-)

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    True fact: Gryffindor's have no livers like gingers have no souls.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    True fact: Gryffindor's have no livers like gingers have no souls.

Back that shit up right now, I drank quite a few Ravenclaws under last year rocking the lion.

Gryffindor DE 4 lyfe man

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    redhalo wrote: »

This is pretty true. Although I'm curious, what about Slytherin's DE did you find scary? :-)

Well there were two silent guys in masks grimly staring at everyone, but that was more cool than scary.

We were doing potions, and in previous years I'd gotten people to agree to make potions that wouldn't be awful. This guy wanted to be all tough, so I went with gin, hoping to at least give as good as I got. In the end we didn't end up with anything that terrible; still, much more adversarial than my previous Slytherin encounters, where they had variously 1. Tried to convince me to leave the Hufflepufflians I was currently hanging out with and party with them and 2. Rather sheepishly admitted they were only Slytherin because their friends were, and collaborated with me to produce a delicious potion.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    This is sounding like Ravenclaw fills up pretty damn fast... must pay attention to get my spot. Gotta rock the blue!

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular
    Alarm has been set to sign up. I can't wait!

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular

*Sweats*

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • SkeithySkeithy Registered User new member
    This is the first Pax I'll be arriving at early enough to do this, I hope I catch the signups in time.

• CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    sooooooooo, who's interested in a hearty breakfast the morning after? or is it tradition to stumble to PAX hungover?

• SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Sumi wrote: »

*Sweats*

Lol, it's ok Sumi, we'll help you out ;-)

qxd8or7ouox3.png
    Crogoth wrote: »
    sooooooooo, who's interested in a hearty breakfast the morning after? or is it tradition to stumble to PAX hungover?

There's a bitchen crumpet shop myself and several people hit up the morning after. Right at Pikes Market.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    afeil117 wrote: »
    This is sounding like Ravenclaw fills up pretty damn fast... must pay attention to get my spot. Gotta rock the blue!

It fills up absurdly fast with Gryffindor filling right behind it typically.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Does the planned Pre PAX breakfast on Friday morning not happen any more?

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    afeil117 wrote: »

It fills up absurdly fast with Gryffindor filling right behind it typically.

That is the vibe I'm getting. I'll keep an eye out.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • SuddenbeardSuddenbeard Registered User regular
    http://twdt5.eventbrite.com/

Password: MagicalMe

This is the Eventbrite site for when sign ups go live. Everyone should take a minute and check it out and see if there are any glaring issues or anything you'd like to see implemented. There is a test ticket available so people can ensure that they can register. Actual ticket "sales" do not actually open up until...

...Harry Potter's birthday.

Worked for me brah. Oh man... can't wait guys. Guys I can't wait!!!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, I hope the sign ups don't open up while I'm at work or I'm going to be very cross...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

This is the Eventbrite site for when sign ups go live. Everyone should take a minute and check it out and see if there are any glaring issues or anything you'd like to see implemented. There is a test ticket available so people can ensure that they can register. Actual ticket "sales" do not actually open up until...

I hope that date is true because I just marked it on my Calendar

• SuddenbeardSuddenbeard Registered User regular

Well I quoted the text so unless Atlas is a liar (is he??) it should be all gewd.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Well I quoted the text so unless Atlas is a liar (is he??) it should be all gewd.

Atlus is a man of honor and refined taste, even if he is a Gryffindor and has provacatively posed with a previous year's TWDT proceeds that was immortalized on mousepads.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • DhutchDhutch Registered User regular
    Oh man. Gettin an itchy trigger finger. What TIME on that special day will sign-ups open? PST.

Ravenclaw, Dumbledore's Army! CaCAW! 2011 TWDT Winners!
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    As an FYI, since this thread won't be used for signups it is now the official TWDT thread for all things official. I'll be updating the OP as time allows to reflect this.

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    FYI: Slytherin DE is for winners.

Don't agree?

Don't care. You're wrong.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    It's called the "Triwizard Drinking Tournament" because this:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Triwizard_Tournament

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    As someone who's missed this several years in a row now due to the "ME + ELEVENTYBILLION PEEPS", perhaps this time will be different.

edited July 2012
    beta_angel wrote: »

Don't agree?

NSFW Link
    Does that make us dicks?

zerzhul on
  • AxonAxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Gryffindor for life son. I've got my Gryffindor Drinking Team shirt from last year, washed and ready to go. Can we get RED shirts this year?

All the houses are really fun. Ravenclaw fills up the fastest (at a convention full of nerds? Shocking!), but I tend to have the most fun when Gryff and Slytherin get together.

Axon on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Theros wrote: »
    As someone who's missed this several years in a row now due to the "ME + ELEVENTYBILLION PEEPS", perhaps this time will be different.

BRB, registering a bunch of Eventbrite accounts to keep Theros out.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    redhalo wrote: »
    beta_angel wrote: »

Don't agree?

NSFW Link
    Does that make us dicks?

I still proudly have the framed print of that from last year's auction.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • oatmealpieoatmealpie Phoenix, AZRegistered User new member
    Would you guys stop arguing? You're distracting me from my studies of deadly potions.

~Ravenclaw

This discussion has been closed.