As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week - July 18th Edition

124»

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No-name is female, I believe.
    I think she's a Queen

Fencingsax on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wasn't she giving birth in Heroes for Hire?

I know I was repulsed by something, and I'm pretty sure it was birth.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    For those who've missed it, Juggernaut's been pretty much at Colossus level ever since he became a hero. And even when he was maxed out, it wasn't so much just his superstrength that was his focus, as much as the fact that he could keep pounding something forever if that's what it took.

I think the only one to really kick his ass pre-hero days was Onslaught, but currently I wouldn't have expected him to take more than one or two hits with how Hulk is now.

Scooter on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, No-Name is a female. Ordinairily I wouldn't think a single Brood'd be much of a challenge for any super-hero, but I guess living on Sakaar and being trained to fight has toughened her up.

Nice summary of the Warbound, JCM.
    WWH #2 proved that the Avengers and the FF are no match for Hulk and the Warbound in a straight one-on-one fight, with even light-weights like Elloe and No-Name apparently taking down Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    WWH: X-men showed that he shrugs off damage faster than ever,
    and he beat Wolverine using his smarts.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Also, Korg's people, before all the gladiator training, could survive a swing from Mjolnir and only escape with a few chips.

Not many guys can say that.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for that write-up. I still don't see how ALL those heroes were taken down by the Warbound, but it doesn't seem so...bullshit, anymore ;)

The Muffin Man on
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JCM wrote: »
    aawwh02015no7.jpg

I hope spiderman is wearing a cup or something.

LockeCole on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm interested in what Hiroim is doing to Cage there. Whether that's a Sakaarian weapon (doesn't seem to be), or some power he got from the other Shadow People. I think next to the Hulk he could be the most powerful of the Warbound.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I'm interested in what Hiroim is doing to Cage there. Whether that's a Sakaarian weapon (doesn't seem to be), or some power he got from the other Shadow People. I think next to the Hulk he could be the most powerful of the Warbound.
    Based on the previews of Frontline #2 that I saw, he is blasting Cage to the Lower East Side.

Crimsondude on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Based on the previews of Frontline #2 that I saw, he is blasting Cage to the Lower East Side.
    Also, wasn't he about to magically engage Doctor Strange somehow when he saw that Hulk was under magic attack? He said, and I quote, "The magician's attacking you, Hulk. Let me..."

He was definitely planning to do SOMETHING.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    For me...my moment of the week came from long awaited Goon #19

13406.jpg

This book is hilarious...the last couple of Noir issues weren't that good for me though. I can't wait until Chinatown is finally delivered

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Oprah bit in the issue was GOLD.

DarkPrimus on