As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    minor, didn't you spend all last sale getting your credit cards systematically shut down? :P

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

This time I loaded up a few hundred in my Steam Wallet and have been using that to gift and buy.

Ironically, I traded in some games at GameStop to get an extra Steam Wallet card, and I owed a couple bucks above the trade value, so when I paid for that with my credit card, I got a fraud prevention call 2 minutes later.

Don't these people know that I spend absurd amounts of money on video games?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    If you're triggering fraud protection I wonder if you're Santa

• ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    At least yours calls you. I coul probably buy shit in Nigeria and I don't know if my bank would bat an eyelash.

steam_sig.png
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    minor, didn't you spend all last sale getting your credit cards systematically shut down? :P

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

This time I loaded up a few hundred in my Steam Wallet and have been using that to gift and buy.

Ironically, I traded in some games at GameStop to get an extra Steam Wallet card, and I owed a couple bucks above the trade value, so when I paid for that with my credit card, I got a fraud prevention call 2 minutes later.

I think VISA basically just said fuck all with fraud protection on me after the $5,000 lube fiasco.

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    @Karoz just made my favorite game of the past 12 months EVEN BETTER by gifting me Harley's Revenge! Thank you!

camo_sig2.png
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Man, I'll normally KBAM almost anything, but the controls for AssBro are baaaaad. It's like they're designed to turn me into some kind of claw-handed freak. They're totally random and all over the place.

I plugged in that Xbox controller quick-like.

At least you can log in to Uplay. -_-

I get updating your client software, but changing the way it reads passwords? Boo.

(also, the Uplay client truncates passwords down to 16 characters? ....ooookaaaaay...)

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

I think VISA basically just said fuck all with fraud protection on me after the $5,000 lube fiasco.

You know you can't say something like this and not follow up.

Oh brilliant
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Slimcea wrote: »

Third, is it worth buying Skyrim separately from the Elder Scrolls Bundle? It's $29.99 for Skyrim at 50% now, but the bundle is $49.99 and includes Morrowind: Game of the Year (with Tribunal and Bloodmoon), and then Oblivion: Game of the Year (with Shivering Isles, and Knights of the Nine)? As in, do we think Morrowind / Oblivion will actually get less than 50% off at some point?

Doubtful that Morrowind will go on sale for cheaper. It didn't during the last big New Year's sale as well IIRC. As for the pack, well, the only one you'll really want to replay is Morrowind, because it's still one of the most atmospheric games ever, and unlike Oblivion, it doesn't have that much of a generic high-fantasy feel. Oblivion though is pretty much obsoleted by Skyrim.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Here's another question for you. I actually already OWN Morrowind Game of the Year Edition, but the Steam Key does not register to Steam - of course - if I add it as a 'Non-Steam Game' to the Steam Library will I still be able to utilize the 'Steam Workshop' to handle all of my modding needs?

Steam Workshop doesn't work for Morrowind. It's only a select few games.

This kills me a little on the inside. Is it possible to mod the game data via the SteamApp Data folders without major problems? I mean, there are so many texture upgrades and such to that game.

Modding Steam games works generally indentical to non-steamers, they just have a slightly different file path. If that's what you're asking. Are you asking if it's easy to mod a Steam version of Morrowind?

Yeah you answered my question, I was just curious if Morrowind installed into some weird Steam-Proprietary file, or something, and was unable to be modded. I've done it in the past, swapping out texture files and stuff so I think I could do it again - but I was looking forward to Steam doing it for me via the Workshop.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Hm, some updatery:

signature.png

Also, @SanderJK, there is a sailboat in your mailbox.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Man, I'll normally KBAM almost anything, but the controls for AssBro are baaaaad. It's like they're designed to turn me into some kind of claw-handed freak. They're totally random and all over the place.

I plugged in that Xbox controller quick-like.

At least you can log in to Uplay. -_-

I get updating your client software, but changing the way it reads passwords? Boo.

(also, the Uplay client truncates passwords down to 16 characters? ....ooookaaaaay...)

A lot of sites trunc to 16 char. I recently had to troubleshoot someone's problem here with loggin into their comcast account after changing there password. Oddly enough, the input for loggin in apparently does not trunc but it is truncated when changed.

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular

Seriously.

Although to be fair, if I was getting fucked over by a credit card, $5K in lube would come in handy.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    How the hell did grimrock win over quantum conundrum? It was a daily like the first day....People are hurting my savings with these stupid votes :/

KoopahTroopah on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Thanks to Tuxkamen for The Ship! I've been trying to win it for a while, in the hope we can get some PA backstabbing on.

After the Sale of course, things are in too much disarray in the moment.

Interestingly, it doesn't appear to have Tribbled for me, so I can't pass it on.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    @Viking remains the classiest Terran transport vehicle or protector of fallen warriors this side of Valhalla.

While I was sleeping, she gifted me the Orcs Must Die: Game of the Year edition.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Can someone toss me an invite to the PA group?
    my steamid is maboroshi, thanks!

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Bastion
    Terraria
    Dungeon Defenders

75% off across the board

I have all 3, so Bastion's getting my vote. Everyone needs to own it.

FACT. Everyone must own Bastion. It gets my vote

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Yep. Flash voting is fucked.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    QUBE is good right? Right? Because Ihave an 30 minutes before I live for work and the oppertunity is gone.

Tell me its good

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Voting is working now for me.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I'm back from camping. I found these in the woods.(Thanks to those who sent me double games)

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

The Steam thread is civilization!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Adellios is a classy gent for sending me breath of death and cthulhu saves. Thank you, A.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

Basically we had access to a massive hill that was next to a lake a buddy owns a house on, he runs some pretty great summer parties and people end up showing up as he's near a park. Basically we spent a ton of time clearing trees and brush and digging a chute all the way down and lined it with tarps to make a giant slip-n-slide. We figured out water didn't cut it if we pumped it up from the lake so we ordered a summers worth of lube.

575 gallons of lube to be exact, kept the chute slippery to the extent that people would hit the little ramp on the bottom and skip across the water.

Bunch of people kicked in on the order and I made it because I'm the only person who can take freight deliveries. We ended up not using one drum of it so everyone took home a bunch for....personal entertainment.

I made the order and visa flagged it and called me to verify the order not once but twice because they couldn't believe it apparently. First answer I gave them what it was for because they couldn't believe it was quite sarcastic and the second time because I was pissed that I had to jump through the hoops again I told them it was for gathering samples in artificial insemination on elephants. That lady the second time didn't have much of a sense of humor when I told her there would be a number of orders for umbrellas and hip waders occurring shortly as well.

Some people I tell ya.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Of course, just as I say that it corrected itself.

Well, I know what's got my vote (it's Bastion).

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    God damn it, I just realized that the 25% off on Gods & Kings was part of the flash deal, making my "Oh, I'll just snag that on the last day" reaction not the smartest thing to do.

Oh well, I'm hoping it shows up as a daily at some point.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    God damn it, I just realized that the 25% off on Gods & Kings was part of the flash deal, making my "Oh, I'll just snag that on the last day" reaction not the smartest thing to do.

Oh well, I'm hoping it shows up as a daily at some point.
    This is me

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    30 minutes until the Batman deal ends.
    Here we go *sigh*

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm really REALLY hoping ARMA 2 gets a 75% off daily. That would be SO awesome.

Come on Gaben, papa needs a new zombie mod!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636

NOPE! Spec Ops neither. If I can't buy it, no one caaaan

iRevert's lube story is not as I expected! I had assumed some incredibly dry lothario had stolen your identity.

Oh brilliant
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    People need to help build that wall, vote for Bastion.

Great music, narrator and gameplay.

My personal favorite (though it's a compilation of several songs from the same area):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_XfgBsuEY

Edit: Yeah I'm preaching to the crowd but I'll still say it loud.

Karoz on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Guh. Fell asleep in that half hour period waiting for LA Noire to actually start being 75% off. Oh well, guess I'll buy it the next time 'round.

Anyone have any idea what the badges are for? I figure we're all expecting some sorta ARG...

76561197966849367.png
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

I am 99% sure this will happen. Then Valve is gonna give the DayZ guy a job and 10 years later we're going to have the best Zombie Shooter ever made.

I am in the business of saving lives.

NOPE! Spec Ops neither. If I can't buy it, no one caaaan

iRevert's lube story is not as I expected! I had assumed some incredibly dry lothario had stolen your identity.

There is more to it because lets face it that was a metric assload of lube and it was a drunken summer party.

edited July 2012

I am 99% sure this will happen. Then Valve is gonna give the DayZ guy a job and 10 years later we're going to have the best Zombie Shooter ever made.

Spoiler alert

The zombies don't run

They Portal
    Still UnAlive?
    Cannibalistic Cube?

iRevert on
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    So, Magicka. A number of the reviews mention that it is very buggy. Have these bugs been fixed, or is it still pretty buggy?

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

Basically we had access to a massive hill that was next to a lake a buddy owns a house on, he runs some pretty great summer parties and people end up showing up as he's near a park. Basically we spent a ton of time clearing trees and brush and digging a chute all the way down and lined it with tarps to make a giant slip-n-slide. We figured out water didn't cut it if we pumped it up from the lake so we ordered a summers worth of lube.

575 gallons of lube to be exact, kept the chute slippery to the extent that people would hit the little ramp on the bottom and skip across the water.

Bunch of people kicked in on the order and I made it because I'm the only person who can take freight deliveries. We ended up not using one drum of it so everyone took home a bunch for....personal entertainment.

I made the order and visa flagged it and called me to verify the order not once but twice because they couldn't believe it apparently. First answer I gave them what it was for because they couldn't believe it was quite sarcastic and the second time because I was pissed that I had to jump through the hoops again I told them it was for gathering samples in artificial insemination on elephants. That lady the second time didn't have much of a sense of humor when I told her there would be a number of orders for umbrellas and hip waders occurring shortly as well.

Some people I tell ya.

Best. Story. Ever.

Karoz wrote: »

My personal favorite (though it's a compilation of several songs from the same area):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_XfgBsuEY

I bought it on XBLA when it was released last summer. Still haven't beaten it, because I just don't sit down in front of my tv to play games.

If it gets the flash sale though, I'm buying it again and finally doing right by that game. It's so good.

Karoz wrote: »

Woah, not heard this extended version before. I absolutely loved when this music kicked in during the game
    in The Kid's dream. "Picked up that hammer, went right back to the wall..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzGEiER7mkc

is my favourite track, but I don't think it was used anywhere in game.

Also yeah everyone needs Bastion, it's crazy good.

Oh brilliant
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Of course, just as I say that it corrected itself.

Well, I know what's got my vote (it's Bastion).

Still broken for me... been trying to vote for close to two hours.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    ZFAOH.jpg

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Just so everyone knows, when Gear made a few big gift posts before the sale even started, since I've known him for a quite a while, I messaged him and asked him if he robbed a bank. His response was "several". That might clarify some things. =)

Handgimp has some classy competition.

camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.