As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Sonic the Hedgehog] New Sonic All-Stars Racing trailer... with Afterburner stage!

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    It's been taken down now, but Xbox.Com recently listed a Sonic Adventure 2 port due October 3.

Also Sonic stuff is on sale:

Episode 1 for 400 points
    Sonic Adventure for 400 points
    Sonic Adventure DX for 200 points
    Sonic CD for 200 points

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So like, guy beats Sonic the Hedgehog 2 with the XBox 360 dance pad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25c95B40gLw

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I've got a lil' problem with Generations on the PC. My score on Online Time Attack isn't updating - still says 0.00 for all levels.

I have formatted my PC since I last played Generations, and Steam recovered my old save (guess it's Cloud synced! :O) and when I finish a level, my previous best is displayed along with how well it compares to friends, BUT - the game always acts like I haven't played the level before; ie I got 1.05 on Classic Green Hill, it'll say New Best! then the next screen will show my old best of 50 seconds.

Is this a known thing? Is there a fix out there?

Oh brilliant
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I've got a lil' problem with Generations on the PC. My score on Online Time Attack isn't updating - still says 0.00 for all levels.

I have formatted my PC since I last played Generations, and Steam recovered my old save (guess it's Cloud synced! :O) and when I finish a level, my previous best is displayed along with how well it compares to friends, BUT - the game always acts like I haven't played the level before; ie I got 1.05 on Classic Green Hill, it'll say New Best! then the next screen will show my old best of 50 seconds.

Is this a known thing? Is there a fix out there?

I have no idea what's going on with this, but the online mode is kind of buggy. For me, sometimes it won't show my scores on the "top three" thing on the side when selecting a level, but it does show up when I check the full list of scores.

Edit:
    2kSzZ.jpg
    0PFYk.jpg

mntorankusu on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    0PFYk.jpg
    Look and be amazed at how bad I am at Green Hill Zone! :rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    anything new with S&SASRT?

man that is a shitty acronym

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's getting a Wii U release, if that counts as new.

Also, Fang is one character they really should have brought into the series proper.

YL9WnCY.png
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    First Sega Saturn game announced today for XBLA and PSN

NiGHTS into Dreams HD coming soon

7502509616_b6d80967f3.jpg

7502509474_89bdc89daa.jpg

7502509118_b774a98ca7.jpg

Christmas NiGHTS is included. 16:9 (which should have been obvious, because the original had a 16:9 option), HD resolution, plus an option to toggle the original saturn graphics.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Are they upgrading the resolution of the textures, or is the original graphics option just going to drop the resolution?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Are they upgrading the resolution of the textures, or is the original graphics option just going to drop the resolution?

It's basically the PS2 remake running in HD. The PS2 remake had redrawn textures, but also included the original textures when you put it in saturn mode.

The PS2 version is fantastic, btw. This is going to be a spectacular "port."

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    First Sega Saturn game announced today for XBLA and PSN

NiGHTS into Dreams HD coming soon

7502509616_b6d80967f3.jpg

7502509474_89bdc89daa.jpg

7502509118_b774a98ca7.jpg

Christmas NiGHTS is included. 16:9 (which should have been obvious, because the original had a 16:9 option), HD resolution, plus an option to toggle the original saturn graphics.

That's pretty damn sweet. Still have the original Saturn version, but I think I'll double dip.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Here's hoping it makes it to the Wii U. Trying to wean myself off of my Xbox so I can retire it sometime next year.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

S&ASRT, technically-- they took "SEGA" out of the name.

And not much, save for a couple of pics on Facebook.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!

Yeah, if I was them I'd want to distance myself from SEGA too. :P

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    I beat my score on Rooftop Run Act 2 30-second trial

2012-07-06_00001.jpg

Anybody seen a better score than this anywhere? I can't find one.

Here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4Az976c9A

So, this is happening now...

I think

614511797-450x212.jpg

is an interesting choice of design for a teaser picture, because surely everyone who grew up in the Genesis/SNES era will instantly be reminded of this:

Sonic-Shoes.jpg

Has this been shown yet?

Sonic-Kitty.png

Wow

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular
    That's... bizarrely adorable. I am okay with this.

• AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    So, this is happening now...

I'm not a huge fan of Mega Man beyond the Legends games, so I'm bummed that it sounds like this will be running through Sonic and Sonic universe instead of being a side-series. And because I might have to buy MegaMan comics for a complete story. Hopefully future details will allay my fears.

soempty.jpg
    skeldare wrote: »
    Has this been shown yet?

Sonic-Kitty.png

Wow

Hah, I totally want one of those; it's like Japanese culture in a nutshell.

I wonder if you'll be able to import them from somewhere.

FU7kFbw.png
    AaronKI wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of Mega Man beyond the Legends games, so I'm bummed that it sounds like this will be running through Sonic and Sonic universe instead of being a side-series. And because I might have to buy MegaMan comics for a complete story. Hopefully future details will allay my fears.

Nope; sorry to be the bearer of bad news (in a manner of speaking), but that's all pretty much spot-on.

Now I can't even get on Online mode on Generations at all. As soon as I hit Ranking Attack, game crashes. Tried googlin' and there's all sorts of tales on how to fix it, but nothing substantial or conclusive.

Oh brilliant
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »

Nope; sorry to be the bearer of bad news (in a manner of speaking), but that's all pretty much spot-on.

Dang. Though, if it's going to be a 12-part story and run through all three comics, maybe that means it will only last for four months. That would make sense within Sonic Universe's arc structure and be easier to swallow. When I heard "Starting in 2013" and "12 parts", my brain immediately jumped to "They're doing it for a whole year?!"

I haven't been following Sonic 4 news lately (For backlog Challenge reasons, I won't let myself buy Episode 2 until I finish Colors/Unleashed), but did Sega ever publicly decide if Episode 2 was going to be the last part of Sonic 4 or not? Prior to release, they seemed to switch from "No more" to "We'll see how it sells/is reviewed"

soempty.jpg
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    So I finally got Sonic Generations off of Steam during the Summer Sale.
    And I really gotta say, this is the shittiest port of anything bar none. Sega didn't even bother to change the control prompts for the PC, and I have to open task manager to get the pause menu to appear.
    Fuck you Sega, fuck you so hard.

PC version is the definitive version of Generations. ;D

Also, you should get a setup option before the game launches, that should let you customize controls.

But yeah, I wouldn't try KBAM it. Very much a gamepad affair.

Oh brilliant
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    And I really gotta say, this is the shittiest port of anything bar none. Sega didn't even bother to change the control prompts for the PC, and I have to open task manager to get the pause menu to appear.

Sounds like your PC sucks, I've never had any of these issues. Luck of the draw, etc, etc.

steam_sig.png
    Looks like this wasn't posted yet...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/14/sonic-adventure-2-coming-to-psn-xbla-this-fall/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_-0Cmi5z4

An XBLA/PSN port of Dreamcast classic Sonic Adventure 2 was announced during Sega's Sonic Boom event at this week's San Diego Comic-Con. While details remain sparse, the shaky-cam footage above shows the port as part of an ongoing Sega Heritage initiative and gives the game a "fall" launch window. It also shows a massive crowd of Sonic fans freaking out, which is incredible on several levels.

Should this be the same Sonic Adventure 2 port that briefly showed up on the Xbox Marketplace last month, it'll be an HD remake, rather than a straight port, though the logo seen in the video above lacks any sort of HD branding. We'll update as soon as an official missive arrives from Sega with more information.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Leaking on to consoles?

That just doesn't sound very positive. Brb melting sonic and leaking it into a box.

steam_sig.png
    Leaking on to consoles?

That just doesn't sound very positive. Brb melting sonic and leaking it into a box.

Are you ready for some SPINBAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL?

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Double post.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

It ran really well for me, no problems at all. Though I didn't try it without a pad.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

It ran really well for me, no problems at all. Though I didn't try it without a pad.

Yeah, likewise - seemed like a really solid port to me, too.

Quake Matt on
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    Leaking on to consoles?

They're making fun of the fact that the game's announcement was leaked ages ago, which is part of a long tradition of Sonic games being leaked before their official announcements.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Quake Matt wrote: »

Other than that one glitch they never fixed that causes the game to crash when trying to do the friend challenge with Rouge.

M A G I K A Z A M
    edited July 2012
    heenato wrote: »
    Quake Matt wrote: »

Other than that one glitch they never fixed that causes the game to crash when trying to do the friend challenge with Rouge.

And the bugs in Online Mode that make it crash on entering, cause it to drop back to the title screen, fail to save scores that you spent hours trying to achieve, randomly erase scores that were previously saved, etc. Also the bug where the final boss is an unplayable mess, but that one affected consoles too...

Edit: I S-ranked that stupid Rouge mission, by the way. It's much less likely to crash if you avoid doing homing attacks and boosting, and kill as few of the robots as possible.

mntorankusu on
    Sonic fans are goddamn crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDXCf_gOkMM

FU7kFbw.png