As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

please play red dead with me (cowboys)

T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATEDNAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Social Entropy++
calgary-stampede-logo.jpg
cowboys_and_aliens.jpg
true-grit2010.jpg
screenlg2.jpg

The Calgary Stampede just wrapped up today

as I am from Calgary I have been participating in a lot of Stampede activities

because some of you may not know this but I fucking love old west shit and country music and the stampede is the one time of year where I can walk around in Cowboy boots and a hat and tuck in my flannel shirts and not look backass ridiculous

I am sad it's coming to an end but it's made me crave more because god damn rodeos and chuck wagons and cold beers and BLASTING COUNTRY MUSIC

but this thread isn't about that

this thread is about coming to play Red Dead Redemption with me

my gamertag is T4CT still

come talk about westerns and cowboys and play Red Dead Redemption with me (and also @Speed Racer)

I have never seen true grit

T4CT on

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Watch True Grit.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/0tX8qMKFbSY

Love Appaloose(movie and the books), 3:10 to Yuma, True Grit, Red Dead Redemption

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    red sun forever as best western

then deadwood

7656367.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I need to play Red Dead sometime.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    how keen are we all for django unchained

apparently tarantino is also writing a comic series that's the unabridged first draft of the script

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    goddammit

I wanna play red dead but no more xbox live on account of paying is for suckers

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i love westerns

and all three hanks, johnny cash, merle, lucky tubb, some alan jackson some willie nelson etc

red dead redemption was a lot of fun, but you guys all play on 360, don't you

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I wish this came out on Steam. I gave my copy to one of my instructors who never really played games but taught about cinematography and film history and he loved westerns when I found out he had cancer. I gave him a bunch of games, but this is the one I wish I still had.

Stupid cancer, taking all my good cowboys.

8406wWN.png
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    I wish wasn't in the middle of moving house and then losing internet for a week because I love Red Dead and would like to kill many of you in rousing games of knife-jousting.

I do, however, have all of Deadwood to watch while I am without the webs, so I will be there in Spirit.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    man I haven't played RDR in a long ass time

maybe I should again, that game was so good

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Once Upon a Time in the West as best western

Followed closely by deadwood

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
    once upon a time in the west is really, really good

My favorite thing to do in RDR, is to just take my horse and wonder about, hunting & ranching.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Is it on PC yet?

Nope, and never will be.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    The best western is actually The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Also; Cheyenne Frontier Days is better than the Stampede. Also also I have this for the ps3.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Weaver wrote: »
    My favorite thing to do in RDR, is to just take my horse and wonder about, hunting & ranching.

My favorite part is Mexico

Also OH SHIT IT IS A FUCKING BEAR

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Nope, and never will be.

Fucking bullshit.

Screw Rockstar.

IpseDixit wrote: »

My favorite part is Mexico

Also OH SHIT IT IS A FUCKING BEAR

Go hunting up in the forest, get a good bead on a bear, take him down with a rifle headshot, think you can just walk over and skin him

but nope

holy shit five bears out of nowhere RUN MOTHERFUCKER AHHHHHHHHHH

the stranger stuff was a lot of fun in rdr
    i really should go back and do them all again
    i never did finish doing that

red dead redemption ending spoilers
    and i heard the dialog is different, at least jack's side of it

my problem is jack's a jerk
    it makes sense for him to be a jerk, given what happened and everything, and you don't have to deal with the strained verisimilitude of a man on a path of redemption killing hundreds and hundreds of people

the free roam MP should be pretty much perfect, but there isn't enough to do
    hideouts were fun, but some asshole was always sniping me

last time I tried multi, I couldn't get out of Armadillo because everyone was playing like it was Unreal tourney 3 or something

i loved red dead redemption up until i hit mexico and then i got bored and never came back

i always had the hardest time connecting to the MP, even when I had good internet. It would take 10 goddamn minutes some times, and then some asshole would snipe me constantly until i eventually quit

i loved red dead redemption up until i hit mexico and then i got bored and never came back

You are the worst, Mexico is the best part of the game, story and flavor wise

ipsesignew.jpg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    WU NO ENGLISHY

BA GWEILO

SWEDGEN

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Nope, and never will be.

Fucking bullshit.

Screw Rockstar.

Judging from the gta port, you wouldn't be able to run it anyway

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    But the L.A. Noire port was fantastic

sig2.jpg
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Super shitty that Red Dead will never see a PC release. It looks like a rad game

sig2.jpg
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Red dead redemption is one of the best fucking games I've ever played in my life, and I still owe smart hero something ridiculously huge, because he bought it for me and I started like three paintings for him that all turned out so bad I threw them in the garbage can.

8406wWN.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »

You are the worst, Mexico is the best part of the game, story and flavor wise

You are the first person I've ever seen with that opinion.

Mexico could have been great. But it just dragged on way too long shoving this incredibly ham fisted opinion down your throat.

But that game. I thought when I first heard about the game I thought it would be big dumb and empty in terms of sandbox games because it was a western, it'd be silly to have it filled with towns.

I was right when it was empty. But at the same time there was just so pretty.

Like the artistic vision of the open expanses are just amazing.

• SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    See but I didn't even care that the Mexico parts dragged on a little overmuch and felt a little weird with the meshing of the story and Rockstar's mission structure not quite working.

Because between doing the story missions I chased bandits through Canyons and looked for treasure and hunted for herbs and snakes and played poker and liar's dice for hours on end, and it was by far my favourite place to do all those things.

I never minded having to ride from one end of it to another, either.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My only real problem with the game is that a lot of your friend's/mission people you had to hangout with were really horrible people and just dumb fucking parodies that you'd find in gta San Andres. And it did not match the tone of the game.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    red dead multiplayer

constant murder, piles of dead horses, and countless cart accidents

0BnD8l3.gif
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    jump into a random person's game

hunt them

you know

a regular day

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    there are better ones, sure. I fucking love westerns

but probably the most FUN western to watch is

C2NHR.jpg

ETqXK.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    NO!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    my problem was not with mexico itself

it was that i got bored of the gameplay after about fifteen hours' worth

i was never any good at it, if that helps

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    My brother used his 360 vertically. It fell when he was playing my copy of RDR.

He's walking again still has a limp.

I still need to finish but he refuses to buy me a new copy. GOTY editon is tempting though.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    RDR is so good

It is one of those rare games where I don't think I've met anyone who dislikes it

Maybe they were hunted down and killed