As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] When in doubt, Hornswoggle

• Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I got the winner for both MiTB matches right, i got the WWE champ wrong on bothcounts, i think i got WHC right for both. but i picked cena to cash in the money in the bank and won.

Cyrondin on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    I'm not going to even bother going through the 468 posts since I was last on, but all I know is my picks for this PPV were bad.

There were 4 best parts of this PPV two, and surprisingly 3 of them were in the Raw MitB match (fuck you MitB for making that match the main event). When Daniel Brian came out, people at Red and Jerry's started a Yes/No chant, so someone starts a "perhaps" chant.
    During the Raw MitB match, a "Lets go ladder/ladder sucks" chant happened at the tables around me.
    When Big Show came back into the match and went all "You get a ladder, and you get a ladder, everyone gets a ladder!" and thus became Big ShOprah.
    Cena's face when he won the match, like he opened his present for Christmas and it was a red rider BB gun taped to a Nintendo 64 wrapped in Pokemon cards or something. As much as I didn't want him tow in, that damn face made it worth it.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I think the only thing I got wrong was I picked Bryon to win.

Because if they are going to have 3 matches in a row he might as well win one of them?

• Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    I kind of like this as hard as he tries he can't beat punk when it counts thing going on. They've done it before and if they can do it right if/when DBry does finally win in a big match against Punk it will feel even bigger because he was finally able to do it when it counts.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    CM Punk took to twitter to talk about match order and card placement etc. etc.
    Guys.EVERYBODY is mad that I wasn't in the main event. Especially those who have to follow me. Because they can't.Nobody follows the killer.

Deal with it. I'll work first. I'll work hurt. I'll (out) work anybody. Best. In. The. World.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Well...I picked like shit in this one. I just can't see the freaking pattern the WWE is using right now so...good for them I guess but will they at least think of my freaking pick em score!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Magell wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    oh man i'm on pins and needles here to see if sweeney tom has beaten the odds

mostly because I got a plan if he does

It'd better involve me and you. At last.

I actually don't want to beat the odds.

Simply because if this is how you treat me, your friend

I would love to see how you treat people you actually don't like who have the gold.

I know I reclaimed the tag titles. I can feel it, and I want my score to be the one that costs you all the belts. ALL OF THEM!

Did you miss anything?

I may have picked Jericho to win the Raw MitB.

I might have goat D-Bry/Punk wrong, but I was drunk and don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I picked Punk. Although I know I picked AJ to be unfair.

Also if people love D-Bry this video is pretty great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdWqwNMAMt8

this was at the final post of the last page, this need more love.

Cyrondin on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    I thought they were done with Sheamus as a champion, they've done diddly-squat with him.

Besides giving him constant TV time and big wins?

This is all it takes to impress you?!

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    He's in the MITB

And Miz with stubble is a sexy Miz, meow

It's a good look, right?

Everyone was making fun of it tonight. Pssh!

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Next year there should be three MITB matches. One for a WWE title match, one for a WH title match, and one for a match with Cena.

Because being in a match with Cena is clearly the top prize in the company now.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Just noticed that Ryback has a twitter account with near 100,000 followers and and hasn't tweeted anything. That's close to genius.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    That Daniel Bryan combines video games and pro wrestling.

Two of my favorite things ever.

Therefore, awesome.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    My picks started GREAT, then turned to absolute dog poop. I just HAD to be creative with them this time. Ugh.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Think I had all the winners except for the MITB since I was anticipating a surprise (Miz) to win. Still think Ziggler was screwed though. Should have totally let him cash in when Sheamus was down, then if need be, have Sheamus challenge at the 1000th Raw or something.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    This is what happens when I pick with my heart. WWE crushes it and puts on a good show regardless.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Whose uglier

Tamina or Sharmell or Naty

Seriously? The fuck is wrong with you?

Also, Nattie is hot.
    Maximum wrote: »
    No surprises again.

Too damn predictable. Good matches but I'd like something to shock me before the end of the year for crying out loud.
    Yeah, they could've mixed it up by at least giving Del Rio or Bryan a win. But on the bright side, I'd take predictable over SWERVE OUT OF NOWHERE any day of the week. At least one actually makes sense, the other very rarely does

Anyway, I agree with most of the opinions posted here.

The Smackdown MITB had a couple of botches early on but it got great halfway through and maintained that until the end.

Sheamus and Del Rio put on a really great match but the crowd weren't into it and I don't know why. Maybe the casual audience just aren't used to Sheamus being dominated and didn't know how to react. Or the crowd just sucked, yeah I think I'll go with that. Pity the end devolved into your typical Sheamus match, where he hit his five moves of doom and won. Sheamus is already Cena Jr., isn't he? Sucks, because he's a better wrestler than Cena.

Teaming the Prime Time Players up with AW was a fantastic move. He's perfect for that role.

Punk/Bryan was an awesome match, though I would've liked some form of closure to the AJ storyline. The ending kind of came out of nowhere but it made sense so I was okay with it.

Ugh, Cena with MITB? Why? He can already demand title matches whenever he wants, just ask Rey. And wow, Miz doesn't look like a baby anymore, he should really keep the stubble.

Aside from a couple of poor finishes and the end of the show, it was definitely one of the better WWE PPVs of the year. Extreme Rules is still my favourite though.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Whose uglier

Tamina or Sharmell or Naty

Seriously? The fuck is wrong with you?

Also, Nattie is hot.

I'd hit it every day and twice on Sunday. :winky:

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    From an article on Wrestlezone
    The WWE Championship match did not close out Money in the Bank. The last time the WWE Championship ended the night was at TLC in December of 2011. January had the Royal Rumble match, February had Kane vs. John Cena, Wrestlemania had Rock vs. Cena, Extreme Rules featured the return of Brock Lesnar, Over the Limit featured Cena vs. Laurinaitis, and last month No Way Out ended with John Cena vs. The Big Show. It looks like Summerslam will end with Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar, which would put a possible WWE Championship match to end Night of Champions in September.

Now that's just fucking awful, Cena is popular with the kiddies and all but jesus put him somewhere else in the card

Spooch on
    Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    For some reason I think HHH/Lesnar might not close Summerslam.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

Really? You think there's a possibility that a huge match that's been hyped up for months before even being officially announced will be anywhere on the card other than the main event? Especially when it features Triple H?

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    got Cena and Ziggler right

yaaay

but of course Punk and Sheamus retain

• Options

Really? You think there's a possibility that a huge match that's been hyped up for months before even being officially announced will be anywhere on the card other than the main event? Especially when it features Triple H?

Because Cena is in a WWE title match for the first time this year.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Next year there should be three MITB matches. One for a WWE title match, one for a WH title match, and one for a match with Cena.

Because being in a match with Cena is clearly the top prize in the company now.

Haha, you're totally right about this and not the first person to say so:
    If 2012 has taught us anything at all, it’s that the WWE championship hierarchy has shifted dramatically. The Tag Team titles are more than worthless, the Divas belt only matters if you have ovaries or are Harvey Wippleman, Eric Young, or Andy Kaufman, the US title is now the European title but on a different continent, the IC title is a bib for The Big Show, the World Heavyweight title is now what the IC title used to be, the WWE title is what the World title used to be, and the real WWE Championship is being John Cena.

In case this isn’t hitting home, here they are from least to most:

Tag Team Championship
    US Championship
    Divas Championship
    Intercontinental Championship
    World Heavyweight Championship
    WWE Championship
    John Cena

Apparently the most coveted title in the WWE at this time is beating John Cena in the main-event of a PPV, and is apparently the one thing people who haven’t wrestled in 8 years all aspire to do. Next thing you know Steve Austin is going to be in the ring with CM Punk talking about how he wants to have “one more match” against his dream opponent, and it will end with Austin asking Punk if he knows John Cena’s phone number.

And I will add that for all the stuff people rightly say about "Super Cena," the WWE has now let The Rock pin Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and John Cena in the ring clean, and in all cases, not for any title but simply because The Rock. It's why I found the whole "Rock now wants to be champion one more time" thing so silly. Dude you came back after seven years and pinned Cena clean. I'm honestly amazed they didn't actually make an "I beat Cena" belt.

• Options
    Oh yeah I hope the Colons are added to the PTPs/Kofi and Truth tag title match. A Colon has pinned Young twice in a week so I'd say they've earned it, plus they are good high flyers and can add some exciting moves to the feud. A 3 way at Summerslam or the 1,000th Raw could be great.

• Options
    I'm honestly amazed they didn't actually make an "I beat Cena" belt.

They should, seeing as how Cena's only lost 4 times all year, one of which was to Johnny Ace btw.
    As of three hours before the show, CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan was set to close Money in the Bank. The change to put the Raw MITB match last was a last minute decision.
    Zack Ryder wrote:
    Maybe I'll be in a #MITB match next year…or back at @NYWCWRESTLING

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Wonder who made the decision to put the Raw MITB on last?

Also don't forget Punk beat Cena two times last year, even if Cena had his foot under the ropes at Summerslam 2011.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    It had to be Vince.

I loved Punk's tweet from earlier about nobody liking the fact that he's not the main event because nobody wants to follow him, awesome.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I also loved Punk's tweet, simply because everybody knows it's true.

Every Punk/Bryan match this year was so good, and better than any match on the card before or after it.

Even the Punk/Jericho street fight was very good.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    If it was Vince, I'd just love to know his thought process on that. Punk was winning so a face being triumphant would have still closed the show out. It's just another example that he doesn't give a fuck what the IWC thinks. Which in all honesty the IWC shouldn't affect his decision making but for fucks sake let Punk close out a show.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    So, Cena cashes in at Raw 1000.

Makes too much sense for him not to.

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Hehehehhe

fIVBt.png

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    I love that the person who did put the time in to make it look like an appropriate Wiki link.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Don't you just have to type [Bill Goldberg] for it to do that?

• Options
    Silvervision.co.uk has released the complete content listing for WWE's upcoming "CM Punk: Best in the World" DVD and Blu-ray set. The title is scheduled for release on October 9, 2012.

Disc 1

A New Day

Spaceboy

Backyard Fame

Taking to the Road

Launching Pad

Constantly Learning

Dark Cloud

Not the Prototype

Outcast Champion

Having Fun

A Challenge

Saving Society

Frustrated Beyond Belief

Hometown High-Pressured Situation

The MAN

Special Features

High School Sports

CM Punk – the Name

Skull Fracture

OVW vs. Albright

From Extra to Champion

December to Dismember

1st Impressions
    In-Ring Style

It’s Clobbering Time

The Hat

“The Most Insulting Thing You Could Say To Me”

A Conversation with Lars

Title in the Fridge

Natalie’s T-Shirt

“Teenage Anarchist”

Disc 2

Finals Match in the OVW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament
    Brent Albright vs. CM Punk
    Ohio Valley Wrestling 1st March, 2006

CM Punk vs. Justin Credible
    ECW 1st August, 2006

ECW Championship Last Chance Match
    CM Punk vs. John Morrison
    ECW 4th September, 2007

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison vs. Carlito vs. CM Punk vs. MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy
    WrestleMania XXIV 30th March, 2008

World Tag Team Championship Match
    CM Punk & Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase
    RAW 27th October, 2008

No Disqualification Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    CM Punk vs. William Regal
    RAW 19th January, 2009

Disc 3

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk
    SummerSlam 23rd August, 2009

Rey Mysterio Joins the SES vs. CM Punk’s Hair
    Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
    Over the Limit 23rd May, 2010

WWE Championship Match
    John Cena vs. CM Punk
    Money in the Bank 17th July, 2011

WWE Championship Match
    CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
    WrestleMania XXVIII 1st April, 2012

WWE Championship Match
    CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
    Over the Limit 20th May, 2012

Blu-ray Exclusive Content

No Plan B

Saxophone

Easter Greeting

Chicken Wings and Apple Pie

Most Recognizable Tattoo

Fish Tattoo

Traveling with Ace

No Microphone

ECW Arena Match

Hanging with Eddie Guerrero

Trainer

Driving Away With the Title

Wrestling Camp

“They’re Gonna Hate Me”

Six People, One Room

I’m a Paul Heyman Guy

The Marathon

@CMPunk

The Bus Tour

Kofi’s Challenge

WrestleMania Day

A Day at the Ball Field

True Respect

Finals Match in the Intercontinental Championship Tournament
    Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
    Armageddon 14th December, 2008

Yeah I'm getting the Blueray version.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    I own no other Wrestling DVD/Blu-Rays. I shall own this one.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Last FCW show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDlIZBbhUM

They've stopped taping FCW and only run house shows now so NXT is the offical replacement. I don't think they'll tape FCW at Full Sail.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait wait.

FCW is Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes as commentators?

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD SOONER?!

• Options
    Wait wait wait wait.

FCW is Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes as commentators?

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD SOONER?!

Since it was the last show they were put on there as a special attraction. Ross has done a few FCW shows in the past but not regularly.

And that Ambrose/Regal match was everything I expected and more. I know I'm heavily biased towards Ambrose but just look at his performance and tell me he isn't the best chance for WWE becoming better in the future.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Because that's not the usual FCW commentary team.

That Punk dvd seemingly has a criminal lack of his OVW stuff against Albright and Doane, almost every one of those matches was amazing and better than the best things happening on the main product at the time.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
This discussion has been closed.