As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling Thread] When in doubt, Hornswoggle

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

BAH GAWD!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

BAH GAWD!

Ziggler could sell beer to CM Punk

Do we know who is the GM for this week's Raw?

Spooch on
    Assuming direct control O-O
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Probably won't find out until they're backstage.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Wait wait wait wait.

FCW is Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes as commentators?

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD SOONER?!

Since it was the last show they were put on there as a special attraction. Ross has done a few FCW shows in the past but not regularly.

And that Ambrose/Regal match was everything I expected and more. I know I'm heavily biased towards Ambrose but just look at his performance and tell me he isn't the best chance for WWE becoming better in the future.

I'm not saying Moxley isn't much improved for his time in FCW, because he really is, however I am going to say that basing a guys potential on how he does in a match with one of the most under appreciated wrestlers on the planet probably isn't the best thing to do.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Wait wait wait wait.

Since it was the last show they were put on there as a special attraction. Ross has done a few FCW shows in the past but not regularly.

And that Ambrose/Regal match was everything I expected and more. I know I'm heavily biased towards Ambrose but just look at his performance and tell me he isn't the best chance for WWE becoming better in the future.

I'm not saying Moxley isn't much improved for his time in FCW, because he really is, however I am going to say that basing a guys potential on how he does in a match with one of the most under appreciated wrestlers on the planet probably isn't the best thing to do.

That's fair, but I'm also talking about his mic skills which are so far above most everyone else in the WWE right now it's scary.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Wirehead, you realize Chris Hero is right there, right?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Hero is great don't get me wrong but what makes Moxley stand out is how much, what's the word, edge he has when he speaks. Mick Foley and Brian Pillman had the same thing.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    wondering how much Ambrose will be toned down by Vince

considering it's a national audience

wondering how much Ambrose will be toned down by Vince

considering it's a national audience

He rarely cursed in most of his indy promos. And his FCW stint proved he could be "toned down" and still be a fantastic mic worker.

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Results
    MyNameIsWalrus 46
    PwnanObrien 46
    NinjaSquirrel 44
    SanderJK 44
    TheSultan 44
    411Randle 43
    Goose! 43
    Nothing 43
    The Betman 43
    JABMonkey 41
    Bedlam 39
    David_T 38
    Doomsong8 38
    LBD_Nytetrayn 38
    Nirya 36
    Sir Headless VII 36
    Sweeney Tom 36
    Spooch 35
    Assuran 34
    Bloodsheed 34
    Cyrondin 34
    the geebs that is a pony 34
    Alistair Hutton 33
    Magell 33
    superjoe 33
    Matev 32
    FecklessRogue 31
    Hullis 31
    EvilBadman 29
    Lux 29
    Dogbone33 28
    Hjorvarthr 28
    QuickSnap 26
    SLAMMU 26
    Temporal Paradox 26
    KurnDerak 25
    Burden of Proof 24
    Xehalus 24
    thepain73 23
    Gonmun 22
    Martian 20
    the lovely bastard 20
    Maximum 19
    Shadowen 18
    Radius 15
    Psychotic One 11
    mjn6172 8

Program
    catsby.png@sweeney tom [36] and @the geebs that is a pony [34]
    twisp.png Champion @411 Randle [43] vs. @TheSultan [44]
    Catsby Money in the Bank Match [Highest scorer this PPV gets a contract for a title match at any WWE or TNA PPV in the next year.] @PwnanOBrien [46 Points; 7/14/2012 12:33:18]
    Twisp Money in the Bank Match [Highest scorer this PPV gets a contract for a title match at any WWE or TNA PPV in the next year.] @SanderJK [44 Points]
    Heel Champion @sweeney tom [36] vs. @doomsong8 [38] (was this belt even score based? I Don't know!)
    Twisp Average Champion @Alistair Hutton [33] vs. @magell [33], Ties favor champion.
    Tag Team Champions @sweeney tom [36] and @spooch [35] vs. @magell [33] and @hullis [31]

Don't ask me if about the Catsby titles vacancies or whatever! Season standings soonish!

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Tammy "Sunny" Sytch has checked into a WWE-sponsored drug rehab program after being rushed to the emergency room late Friday night by her boyfriend, indy wrestler Damien Darling, after reportedly consuming 2 gallons of vodka. Darling insisted she seeked professional help and now she is doing it. Rob Feinstein, who conducted an interview with Sunny after the incident to discuss her battles with addiction over the past year, posted the following on facebook: "I want to take this time to really put over the WWE as many people don't know how quick they work and this needs to get out there. I am not writing this to put myself over, I am putting over the WWE. Yesterday when we finished the interview with Tammy I made a quick phone call to Tommy Dreamer and told him that Tammy wanted to go to rehab ASAP. He made one call to them on a Sunday and within 30 minutes she was booked with in 24 hours and the WWE had her picked up today as well. The WWE needs alot of credit on how fast they acted and it is a good thing that they do this for anyone that has worked for the company." Beginning in September 2007, WWE distributed rehabilitation assistance to all former WWE contracted talent. The goal of the initiative is designed to help any former talent that may have a substance-related dependency problem.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    god damn it if I just assumed this was as predictable as it turned out I would have won :(

Sweeney nearly defied all odds!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    someone get tlb in here

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Sweeney nearly defied all odds!

He still might have, considering Doomsong didn't do a heel promo.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    How the hell did tlb outscore me?

Jesus, this is embarrassing.

Maximum wrote: »

Looks like your score was

the Minimum.

edited July 2012
    Sweeney Did it man, he did it!! You cant take that away from him, Doomsong was a heel promo and he never cut and he beat me by a point so we retain the tag titles, IN YO FACE TLB muwahahahahaha

Spooch on
    Maximum wrote: »

Looks like your score was

the Minimum.

8-)

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    That would be hilarious if I almost beat all the odds, but still lost even though I cut a promo and my opponent didn't.

Woot, moving up at least 6 spots (but still tied with Nothing)

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    wow i did pretty great

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    So bad, just so bad. I need to remember this is WWE.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

Are you talking about the ending of the PPV, or the whole PPV?

Because nope, that PPV was really good. Aside from the Divas match, and the Ryback match which had good moments, every match was really good. Punk/Bryan was another classic. Both MITBs had fantastic moments, and the Smackdown one was downright great.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

Are you talking about the ending of the PPV, or the whole PPV?

Because nope, that PPV was really good. Aside from the Divas match, and the Ryback match which had good moments, every match was really good. Punk/Bryan was another classic. Both MITBs had fantastic moments, and the Smackdown one was downright great.

He probably meant his picks.

maybe he meant the merchandising aspect I guess

Punk and Sheamus must be outselling their opponents

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Woo, I bounced back from the bottom to the middle. Hooray for a return to mediocrity!

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    If it was Vince, I'd just love to know his thought process on that. Punk was winning so a face being triumphant would have still closed the show out. It's just another example that he doesn't give a fuck what the IWC thinks. Which in all honesty the IWC shouldn't affect his decision making but for fucks sake let Punk close out a show.
    Why are you even bringing up the "IWC"? What do they have to do with anything? Punk/Bryan should've main evented because the other option is fucking stupid. It devalues their main title and the company along with it.
    Wait wait wait wait.

Yeah, good luck with that. Ambrose is nowhere near as good as Daniel Bryan in the ring and not as good on the mic as Punk, so I somehow doubt he's going to revolutionise the company. The WWE have plenty of talent on the roster already, what they need Vince to realise that all the coke he snorted in the 90s has fucked up his brain and he needs to retire. A new creative team that actually understands wrestling would be great as well.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    edited July 2012
    Anyone ever watch The Inbetweeners :P

426814_414218045290608_1242778495_n.jpg

Spooch on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Results
    MyNameIsWalrus 46
    PwnanObrien 46

Program
    Catsby Money in the Bank Match [Highest scorer this PPV gets a contract for a title match at any WWE or TNA PPV in the next year.] @PwnanOBrien [46 Points; 7/14/2012 12:33:18]
    Twisp Money in the Bank Match [Highest scorer this PPV gets a contract for a title match at any WWE or TNA PPV in the next year.] @SanderJK [44 Points]
    Heel Champion @sweeney tom [36] vs. @doomsong8 [38] (was this belt even score based? I Don't know!)
    Twisp Average Champion @Alistair Hutton [33] vs. @magell [33], Ties favor champion.
    Tag Team Champions @sweeney tom [36] and @spooch [35] vs. @magell [33] and @hullis [31]

Don't ask me if about the Catsby titles vacancies or whatever! Season standings soonish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68xL-N7Lew

6eLQL.jpg

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!
    I'd like to use this gloat spot to point out that it's Monday and any W*ANG input should be given to me before I book Wednesday's show tonight. This includes but is not limited to: Titles, feuds, new hires and re-hires, erotic birthday cakes, gimmick matches and selective autobiographies.
    I've been playing Super Monday Night Combat.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Shoulda gone with Cena instead of Everyone Else...same with Bryan not winning again

Hjorvarthr on
    will never give up on D Bry

will never give up on D Bry

I have no idea where he goes from here.

The lack of faces means he's going to get squashed by Brodus/Ryback, or maybe him and Rey can work together for a couple ppv's.

Other than that...I got nothing.

won't believe this is the end of the feud

the matches are too damn good

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    With Cena/Punk coming up for SummerSlam, I literally have no idea why anyone would pick anything but Punk and Cena winning. I mean, you'd have to be...

Oh god, AJ is contagious!

euj90n71sojo.png
    Yeah, there's no way Bryan's push is done. Not as long as they can wring his merch and YES chants dry.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    How do we make Ziggler and Bryan wrestle again? Because that series of matches is still soooo good.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    hope Ryback eats Sheamus

won't believe this is the end of the feud

the matches are too damn good

I think it's the end for now.

He's lost three in a row and Punk will be busy with Cena for the forseeable future.

This discussion has been closed.