As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What manner of witchcraft is this Instant Message curse?

PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
This is the situation:
Two people. Person A and Person Me.
Two programs: Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger. Any combination. Same result.
One problem: Messages sent are not received. On and off for months. Happens more often than it doesn't.

PLA on

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Try a 3rd party program like Pidgin (Windows/Linux) or Adium (Mac)?

• Options
    I'll look into that. Thanks.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Packet loss on the internet would explain that. Program may not be smart enough to realize that it never arrived. MSN/Yahoo messenger were notorious for this back in the day.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Ah, that sounds right. There's no notification about any error, simpy nothing being received.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Gtalk and aim have the best support methinks. They'll usually tell you if something fails to send.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I just tried AIM a bit, and it does tell me, at least when sending to a yahoo-account. Whenever I get in touch, maybe I'll manage an AIM to AIM test.

Thanks for the replies. Trying my best to be "there" for a sibling in rough times.