As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    akjak wrote: »
    It's called the "Triwizard Drinking Tournament" because this:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Triwizard_Tournament

Shows how little I know about Harry Potter. I read half of the first book and stopped caring in a hurry.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    let's not forget about potential house songs

Ravenclaw (definitely dated, from last year)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJ8-qMd400

Slytherin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2izAotP9go

Hufflepuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOxwo8TUQok

Sorry Gryffindor, you don't deserve a house song.

I was mulling this as a Slytherin potential:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1TTmuDtqwI

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Gryffindor was the first to adopt a house song. It is the oldest, most traditional house song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ

Atlus Parker on
    Theros wrote: »
    As someone who's missed this several years in a row now due to the "ME + ELEVENTYBILLION PEEPS", perhaps this time will be different.

Experiences will vary.

For instance, I've never had an issue signing up.

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    That guy in the white shirt looks like he's in sore need of some caffeine.

I always look like that. :P

Also, I saw this thread had 4 pages of posts and was afraid of missing the sign-up. That's what I get for not reading.

Theros wrote: »
    As someone who's missed this several years in a row now due to the "ME + ELEVENTYBILLION PEEPS", perhaps this time will be different.

Experiences will vary.

For instance, I've never had an issue signing up.
    As with everything around here, waiting is never a good idea. Queue hard, queue early!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    Gryffindor was the first to adopt a house song. It is the oldest, most traditional house song.

The only, only, thing I will concede to Gryffindor is that they have the best song.

There are no better songs.

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Everypony knows Slytherin's traditional house song is Party All The Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbpzjbXUZI

edited July 2012
    Dancing down the street at the head of the Slytherin pack to that song last year was fantastic.

Do we do new songs each year or do we just stick with one song?

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    oatmealpie wrote: »
    Would you guys stop arguing? You're distracting me from my studies of deadly potions.

~Ravenclaw

^5

Om nom nom potions.

• courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    So sad the Scott & Kris thing will probably last until 10:30ish.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    That sounds like a deep, personal, abiding problem.

We'll pour one out for you all over the Hufflepuffs.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    My contribution for the Gryffindor song (to the tune of LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It):

Yeah, yeah
    Don't have to try, everybody loves the way we fly
    On the quidditch pitch, we make Slytherin our bitch, yeah
    That's how we roll, scarlet robes all outta control,
    It's Griffindor with our wands aglow,
    and all the houses know we got the flow.

Ah...hey look at those wizards
    Ah...they have the best livers
    Ah...yeah look at those wizards
    Ah...My wand's out
    [x2]

When we walk in the bar (yeah), this is what we do (ok)
    We show the other houses how to do a shot or two
    We got potions in our blood and we're not afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it

We're Gryffindors we know it. [x2]

Yeah
    Oh in the great hall, Hufflepuffs just can't get enough
    And in the library, Ravenclaws they sneak a peek (what)
    This is how it's done, take on all the houses one on one
    Let's head to the bar, you better watch out:
    Cause Gryffindors gonna win the bout (watch)

Ah...My wand's out
    [x2]

When we walk in the bar (yeah), this is what we do (ok)
    We show the other houses how to do a shot or two
    We got potions in our blood and we're not afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it

We're Gryffindors we know it. [x2]

We're Griffindors we know it...

Check it out [x2]
    Muggle, muggle, muggle, muggle, muggle yeah [x3]
    We love muggles man
    We think mudbloods can
    Yeah
    We're Griffindors we know it...

Ah...My wand's out
    [x2]

• PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    lizpirate wrote: »
    My contribution for the Gryffindor song (to the tune of LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It):

BRILLIANT! I'm a Ravenclaw, but I still think that's bad ass!

Now, are there any locals in town that would be up for making a recon tour of Cap Hill with me on the first weekend of August? I want to walk the old route & see if there's anything that we (Atlus, myself & the rest of the crew) can improve from years past.

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    Axon wrote: »
    Gryffindor for life son. I've got my Gryffindor Drinking Team shirt from last year, washed and ready to go. Can we get RED shirts this year?

All the houses are really fun. Ravenclaw fills up the fastest (at a convention full of nerds? Shocking!), but I tend to have the most fun when Gryff and Slytherin get together.

There are several reasons why Ravenclaw has filled up the fastest previously, and I hope that the fact that we're all nerds isn't the highest among them. We offer perks like mini-trophies, we put a lot of effort into being well organized, my fellow leads are amazing people, and we tend to be the house that represents both Canadians and IRC (who are also amazing people).

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Sumi wrote: »

There are several reasons why Ravenclaw has filled up the fastest previously, and I hope that the fact that we're all nerds isn't the highest among them. We offer perks like mini-trophies, we put a lot of effort into being well organized, my fellow leads are amazing people, and we tend to be the house that represents both Canadians and IRC (who are also amazing people).

Uh huh, uh huh...

NEEEEEERDDDDDDSSSSSS :P

Wait, you're Canadian?

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    edited July 2012
    Hey potential Slytherins, anyone else planning to participate in the Assasin's game? I'm working on a group branding on the badges, thinking about using the penis/slytherin shirt logo from last year, any objections? No? Cool.

We'd need like 10 people participating to get the branding, but I don't see that being a problem with a pool of 100+ Slytherites.

edit: Seems the logo is too offensive, will have to work on another.

redhalo on
  • SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular

I defy this Canadian trend with my Floridian-ness!

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
    Oh snap, there aren't too many of us Floridians who'd fly all the way to Seattle. If we meet on the battlefield I'd like to buy you a drink.

redhalo wrote: »
    Oh snap, there aren't too many of us Floridians who'd fly all the way to Seattle. If we meet on the battlefield I'd like to buy you a drink.

We'll have to find an appropriately Floridian drink. Perhaps a Hurricane...

I don't suppose they get Landshark in Seattle?

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    PunkJr wrote: »
    Now, are there any locals in town that would be up for making a recon tour of Cap Hill with me on the first weekend of August? I want to walk the old route & see if there's anything that we (Atlus, myself & the rest of the crew) can improve from years past.
    I'm always up for a wander about the Hill, considering I live right in the middle of the routes.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

Enigmas wrote: »
    PunkJr wrote: »
    I'm always up for a wander about the Hill, considering I live right in the middle of the routes.

Ditto, I live on the Hill and wouldn't mind a walkabout.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    I don't suppose they get Landshark in Seattle?
    Actually, we do!

Enigmas wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    Ditto, I live on the Hill and wouldn't mind a walkabout.

I'll ping you guys & we'll make some plans for early August!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZBCVrXfVUw

I do not endorse this video.

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    If anyone's around, Kate's looking for some quick feedback on the style of buttons for this year:
    gryfexample.jpg

• stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    I think it looks awesome!

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    PunkJR,

I'm up for that as well if you need more, ok if not. Would need time to get there from Bellevue if it is a weekday.

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    Atlus: Button looks awesome very nice.

Are the positions for each house the same as last year?

iris_forumsig.gif
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    If anyone's around, Kate's looking for some quick feedback on the style of buttons for this year:
    gryfexample.jpg

I guess it's alright. If you like Gryffindor.

gryfexample.jpg

The graphic looks really sweet, but I think it looks a little odd cropped into a button-shaped circle.

• VanusVanus Registered User regular
    Might try and do this this year. Something I can't figure out though, what's the difference between the Death Eaters and the Dumbledore's Army/Order of the Phoenix? You choose which one of those you are within your house, right? What do they mean?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    They're separate groups within each house that will probably start and end at the same bar, but in between they'll have different routes and meet up with different groups within each house (i.e. Ravenclaw DA meets with Ravenclaw DE, Gryffindor DE, Hufflepuff DA, Slytherin DA, then back to Ravenclaw DE; Ravenclaw DE meets with the opposite).

It's a measure to alleviate some of the overcrowding woes.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    whypick1 wrote: »
    They're separate groups within each house that will probably start and end at the same bar, but in between they'll have different routes and meet up with different groups within each house (i.e. Ravenclaw DA meets with Ravenclaw DE, Gryffindor DE, Hufflepuff DA, Slytherin DA, then back to Ravenclaw DE; Ravenclaw DE meets with the opposite).

It's a measure to alleviate some of the overcrowding woes.

They also have different scorecards, may have slight variations in their drinking challenges, and it's a lot classier than calling them groups A & B.

Sageheart wrote: »
    gryfexample.jpg

The graphic looks really sweet, but I think it looks a little odd cropped into a button-shaped circle.

The idea is that the black part will blend into a cloak or other dark colored items.

• ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    It is bittersweet that I am not doing this again this year. I thought it would be an easy decision, but reading through the thread makes it hard to not heed the call of the Dark Lord............but we are avoiding hang overs for the first day of PAX this year.

Anyway, I have an extra Death Eater mask or 2 some place that I can regift to you guys for donations if any house wants them. I mean they really SHOULD go to Slytherin DE, but since it's for the kids, any house that needs them can have them.

(go, slytherin DE)

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    Hey potential Slytherins, anyone else planning to participate in the Assasin's game? I'm working on a group branding on the badges, thinking about using the penis/slytherin shirt logo from last year, any objections? No? Cool.

We'd need like 10 people participating to get the branding, but I don't see that being a problem with a pool of 100+ Slytherites.

can you link to the thread this is about? It sounds fun, and as a potential slytherin I'm interested.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Robogirl wrote: »

can you link to the thread this is about? It sounds fun, and as a potential slytherin I'm interested.

It's on the front page, right next to this thread.

This discussion has been closed.