As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Voro wrote: »
    Ok, this flash sale stuff is confusing the hell out of me. Is there a page where you can see all of them? Europa Universalis 3, DR2:OTR, Civ 5, and Fear 3 are all listed, but I know Amnesia is also one and has another 3 hours. Are there more that I'm missing?

I think EU3 started early and displaced Amnesia.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    What are the chances of New Vegas going back up on a flash sale or as a daily? I'm still kicking myself over having missed it last time.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Ok, this flash sale stuff is confusing the hell out of me. Is there a page where you can see all of them? Europa Universalis 3, DR2:OTR, Civ 5, and Fear 3 are all listed, but I know Amnesia is also one and has another 3 hours. Are there more that I'm missing?

Amnesia is still 75% off to $4.99 if you find its store page, though it doesn't say for how much longer.

What are the chances of New Vegas going back up on a flash sale or as a daily? I'm still kicking myself over having missed it last time.

I would be very surprised if a flash sale is ever repeated as a flash sale.

• Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Civilization V is on sale right now. Is it a good game to buy for a guy who likes first person shooters, space sims, and BioWare RPGs?

Well it is nothing like any of those. If you can't download the demo and test it before playing check out some youtube videos of let's plays. But I like all those things and I like the Civ series.

I guess for 7 bucks, I can afford to check it out. That's the price of a Chipotle burrito.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    All you new Trine2 owners - I am looking for someone(s) to do a Coop run with. If interested, PM me and we'll work out times. This has been sitting in my GameBank for a while and I've been wanting to Coop with my local friends but their too busy doing other things. Bastards!

Hollar whenever, I have it and have gone a number of levels in, but I wouldn't mind doing it over.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Assuming you're a member of the GT Adventure Time steam group, you entered my giveaway, right?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

Amnesia is still 75% off to $4.99 if you find its store page, though it doesn't say for how much longer.

Yea it does, 3 hrs left.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Saint's Row 3, is all that extra stuff worth it? $25 for the game and all the DLC, or half that for just the game?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Assuming you're a member of the GT Adventure Time steam group, you entered my giveaway, right?
    Alas, I'm not. The group is locked down for the duration of the sale. Which is completely understandable.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • RanCiel810RanCiel810 Registered User regular

Agreed. It's probably done for this sale unless it comes back as a daily, but I think I saw it as a daily towards the beginning?

OUlH7J8.jpg
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

but I'd say it's a sure bet to show up as a daily at some point.

Alas, I'm not. The group is locked down for the duration of the sale. Which is completely understandable.

Yeah, sorry. That's actually the main reason I joined it and am using it; I like my giveaways to go to long-term members.

I'd bet just about anything it goes on sale again before the end, though.

• ProtoSoundProtoSound Registered User regular
    This sale is weird to me for some reason. I haven't felt compelled to buy anything.

camo_sig.png
  • KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    Kogareru wrote: »
    You guys are awesome and This community is far and away the best on the intertubes. So I'm giving away a copy of Killing Floor to the poor souls who have yet to experience it's badassery.

signature.png

Just quoting this in case anyone still doesn't have Killing floor and wants it.

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I'm saving Civ V with G&K and CK2 (with the Game of Thrones mod that I've heard much about) for the Winter Sale. Gotta have something to look forward to.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited July 2012
    So this is purely idle observation because I don't care about the game or really know much about it, maybe I'm way off-base, but...is anybody else surprised that they're still asking $40 as the regular price for Age of Empires III, even for the complete pack? I mean, wasn't Microsoft doing some promotion where they were literally giving that game away for a penny a year or two ago?

I remember my roommate at college playing it back in like early 2009 and it was not by any means a new game even back then...or his cheap ass wouldn't have had it at all.

Gaslight on
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Just to give the requisite point of caution: EU3 Complete is not actually complete.

You need EU3 Chronicles if you want all the expansions (and you do want all the expansions if you buy it).

cckerberos.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    ProtoSound wrote: »
    This sale is weird to me for some reason. I haven't felt compelled to buy anything.

Other than being flat broke, the sale has been very Meh for me without the inclusion of the Scavenger Hunts/Achievements which made me go back and play some games I had not given much time to in the past.

50433.png?1708759015
    EU3 for that price is tempting, but then my rational side goes "Dude, you can barely snatch up 2 hours a week to play CK2, you don't need another one of these"

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Well, hopefully there is a person or two out there without these:
    signature.png
    signature.png

Posting again. Seems like everyone has these.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular

Other than being flat broke, the sale has been very Meh for me without the inclusion of the Scavenger Hunts/Achievements which made me go back and play some games I had not given much time to in the past.
    ya, definitely miss the cheevo games:( Oh well, hopefully they'll be back for winter.

steam_sig.png
    striderjg wrote: »

ya, definitely miss the cheevo games:( Oh well, hopefully they'll be back for winter.

I keep waiting for them to introduce something. Seems like they were leading up to...what? Today would have been a fairly logical day to do it, as it's Monday. And yet...nothing. Although the little black Steam mascot critter certainly looks like he's up to no good in the adorable and highly entertaining store backgrounds!

• EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Oh, boy. Finally saw that Dead Rising 2 (Frank Fucking West Edition) was a flash sale and scooped it up with less than an hour to spare!

Score! I've been price watching that sucker for months and it's never been ten bucks before.

Time for creepy and inappropriate "erotic" zombie photography!

My Steam Sale Victory List Thus Far:

- Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
    - The Walking Dead
    - Batman Arkham City
    - Trine 2
    - From Dust
    - The Binding of Isaac

I'm sure this list will grow as I become more destitute . . . .

steam_sig.png
  • Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    Just bought Walking Dead, Hitman: BM ;) , and some game called Esther on a whim because- hey- it was cheap.

Sharp10r wrote: »
    Just bought Walking Dead, Hitman: BM ;) , and some game called Esther on a whim because- hey- it was cheap.

FYI, Dear Esther isn't actually a "game". It's a visual novel where you walk though some stunning scenery while being told a very weird but intriguing story.

Still very well worth the price while it's on sale.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    EU3 for that price is tempting, but then my rational side goes "Dude, you can barely snatch up 2 hours a week to play CK2, you don't need another one of these"

And while EU is fun, I'm finding CK2 way more fun (and I haven't tried Sword if Islam yet.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    signature.png

signature.png

44 minutes left, low entries. Your chance to get them is prettttty high. PA G&T Adventure Team required.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited July 2012
    I am getting ready to turn in for the night, Steam thread. But before I do, I'd just like to say thank God for Finland - because I have my download region set to Finland, and I am getting the best download speeds I have gotten the entire sale, whereas using the one actually located in my home city I was sometimes getting literally 0 bytes per second.

On the off chance there is anybody here who is actually from Finland, I apologize if I am making your downloads go slower by butting in (though I doubt it). I don't know if Finland has a single other attraction to offer as a place to live, but I guess fast Steam downloads just go to show there are compensations for everything!

Gaslight on
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    So lets be an enabler....

Click this link:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2799277

You know you want to

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Just because I'm evil ...

I bet someone's already working on a save-game converter that'll do most of the work to let you take your CK2 end-game save into EU3 ... :D

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Holy SHIT. No fewer than 57 people among my Steam friends have Skyrim on their wishlist. I am amazed there are still so many who don't have it.
    I have it on 360, but it's on my wishlist in case steam ever does one of those "win the top X games in your wishlist" things, cause I'd like to sometime try the PC version with mods and shit ye know. Especially since I upgraded my pc recently.

steam_sig.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    signature.png

bump that.

So I just spent the day in the flaming hellhole of drought America outside at various car lots trying to find something I need while simultaneously finding good excuses to leave when i start to feel jerked around and I got home to find that @big Isy had sent me Dear Esther. Kudos.

Quoting this because I forgot to repost it before I went to bed and I can't do steamgifts on the phone, also to reaffirm @big isy's and @minor incident's gifting classiness. I also want to thankthe auto advice administered in the steam chat today when I got home.

Started playing SR3 in a foolish attempt to actually play games I own on steam. It's pretty fun. Is there a part set in the future? I remember really futuristic promo screens and this city is pretty normal I'd say.

initiatefailure on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    @tofystedeth is a classy gent who has classed up my library with Precipice 3! Thanks tofy. You are a fine individual.

Now I have an extra copy of Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World. Does anyone want them? I want to Steam It Forward.

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Please allow me to reiterate that @TheAustinBound is a mighty fine fellow and thank him giving me a copy of Lone Survivor!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    I am getting ready to turn in for the night, Steam thread. But before I do, I'd just like to say thank God for Finland - because I have my download region set to Finland, and I am getting the best download speeds I have gotten the entire sale, whereas using the one actually located in my home city I was sometimes getting literally 0 bytes per second.

On the off chance there is anybody here who is actually from Finland, I apologize if I am making your downloads go slower by butting in (though I doubt it). I don't know what else Finland has to offer as a place to live, if anything, but I guess fast Steam downloads just go to show there are compensations for everything!
    Decent enough Vodka and strange salty Liquorice

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Civilization V is on sale right now. Is it a good game to buy for a guy who likes first person shooters, space sims, and BioWare RPGs?

CiV is almost nothing like any of those, so, uh ... maybe?

I mean, I've been playing Civ games since I illegally pirated my friend's original Civ way back in the dark ages. I've bought every one since. I think I've spent more time with the Civ franchise than I have with my wife (of almost 8 years and ~4 years dating beforehand).

In terms of strategy games, it's really the ur-example. The whole series, even the weak ones (Civ 3), are fantastic.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm not sure who this is...the avatar looked familiar, though. @ToyD won Mirror's Edge!

Now go run up some walls and kick cops in the nuts.

uyvfOQy.png
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Thanks a bunch to @Houn for the gift of Bit. Trip. Beat.

Seriously, you're a rad dude.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

On the off chance there is anybody here who is actually from Finland, I apologize if I am making your downloads go slower by butting in (though I doubt it). I don't know if Finland has a single other attraction to offer as a place to live, but I guess fast Steam downloads just go to show there are compensations for everything!
    One of my favorite a capella groups is from Finland. So it's got that going on.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.