As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Looks like Doomsong's Jericho Gambit paid off.

Also I'm glad you included PWG in your OP, Pwnan.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm betting Cena wins the title next Monday, and SS becomes Punk's "rematch clause" match.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I'm betting Cena wins the title next Monday, and SS becomes Punk's "rematch clause" match.

If Punk wins at SS I'll be OK with that.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Punk's had the belt long enough. I won't argue that he deserved every minute of it, but I think it's pretty much run its course.

But Cena doesn't need it either. Truthfully though so long as Barrett has the title by Survivor Series I don't care who he wins it from.

Give Wade the title is the point I'm trying to make.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    That's how I like to win stuff, by losing.

I think Pwnan needs to add a picture of Steen with the PWG title to the OP as well. Otherwise it was excellent.

With Rock/Lesnar both being at the 1000th Raw, along with Big Show, I can't see Cena's title match ending cleanly.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    edited July 2012
    Magell wrote: »

I think Pwnan needs to add a picture of Steen with the PWG title to the OP as well. Otherwise it was excellent.

Is PWG something I need to check out? I'm getting impatient waiting for Smart Mark Video to release the latest Chikara shows and most PWG shows I've seen on highspots are really cheap. What shows of theirs should I check out? I'll limit the scope to recent ones like from a few years ago to present.

wirehead26 on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    But Cena doesn't need it either. Truthfully though so long as Barrett has the title by Survivor Series I don't care who he wins it from.

Give Wade the title is the point I'm trying to make.

This is awful. Wade Barrett is the worst person to be champion right now. I'd be happy never seeing him with the title. Or ever again, really.

But honestly, Cena should hold the title, at least till the Rumble, if not till Mania. Title should be in the main event and they clearly don't feel like having anyone other than John in the main event.

• Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    King uses the dance sessions to scout his girlfriends.

This post had me laughing for a while.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
    Goose what possible reason would you have for Barrett not winning the WWE title?

It's ironic that the only match that looks to end the 6-PPV streak of Cena main-eventing is a match between Brock Lesnar and Triple H, both men who haven't wrestled in at least 3 months.

Also hope they don't blow off the Ziggler/Jericho thing next week. Something other than Lesnar/HHH needs to happen at Summerslam.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Is PWG something I need to check out? I'm getting impatient waiting for Smart Mark Video to release the latest Chikara shows and most PWG shows I've seen on highspots are really cheap. What shows of theirs should I check out? I'll limit the scope to recent ones like from a few years ago to present.

PWG is more or less the dark CHIKARA, full of racism and mysoginy and cock punches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hkPVf5DRd0

Also there are seemingly no good pictures of Steen with the PWG title.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Barrett winning the WWE title?

No

No

No

Dude is boring as stink. A WHC reign? Sure, and if he can prove himself with that than maybe, but I doubt it.

PWG is more or less the dark CHIKARA, full of racism and mysoginy and cock punches.

I have a grainy photo from my iPhone of Steen after he won the title at World's Finest.

And wirehead, the answer is ALL OF IT. But for recent stuff, Steen Wolf, Fear, and DDT4 are all really good, and Death to All But Metal should be coming out this week, since the next show is Saturday.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    That was quite a "Feed Me More" chant the crowd had going after the Ryback match.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Well, the second episode of W★ANGseday Night WAR went a bit better. If nothing else it should be more fun to write.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • PeonUPeonU Registered User regular
    I know care what ya'll think. I miss John Laurenitis the executive vice president of Talent Relations and the interim general manager of both smackdown and raw plus i really miss R-Truth promos don't know why idiots stop giving him the mic.

• DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    I liked tonight's Raw.

Also I feel like I am the most absurd of all participants in the pick 'em. I won the championship by having the lowest score in a match, and then I took away all of Sweeney's titles in a ludicrous twist.

I basically just love this thing.

578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Saw some videos of Raw/Smackdown themes in the last thread. I hope someone uploads the compilations of full opening videos WWE.com has up.

Anyway, WWE in Canada is about to get a whole lot worse next week: Three hour Raws at the same starting time, 9pm... or 9:15, since it sounds like they're keeping the 15-minute countdown to Raw.

That really just pisses me off. It means that Raw won't be ending until nearly 12:30am every week. Plus, it was bad enough being 15 minutes behind everyone on Twitter, but now to be an HOUR and 15 minutes behind? I might as well just read a report before watching an encore.

This sucks. Thanks a lot, Score.

Also: Remember when WWE said that you can watch the first episode of Raw on YouTube? Tried that, got the usual "the uploader has not made this video available in your country" BS. Thanks a lot, WWE.

When did they start hating Canada so much? Was it after they made up with Bret? Because when he was on the outs, things ranged from decent to great.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Saw some videos of Raw/Smackdown themes in the last thread. I hope someone uploads the compilations of full opening videos WWE.com has up.

Anyway, WWE in Canada is about to get a whole lot worse next week: Three hour Raws at the same starting time, 9pm... or 9:15, since it sounds like they're keeping the 15-minute countdown to Raw.

That really just pisses me off. It means that Raw won't be ending until nearly 12:30am every week. Plus, it was bad enough being 15 minutes behind everyone on Twitter, but now to be an HOUR and 15 minutes behind? I might as well just read a report before watching an encore.

This sucks. Thanks a lot, Score.

Also: Remember when WWE said that you can watch the first episode of Raw on YouTube? Tried that, got the usual "the uploader has not made this video available in your country" BS. Thanks a lot, WWE.

When did they start hating Canada so much? Was it after they made up with Bret? Because when he was on the outs, things ranged from decent to great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCZKzltoMxU

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Oh screw it, one more video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq3V7K-RfrU

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Did someone say Ziggler and Jericho cutting a promo in the ring together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMS1Nk_B7zQ

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Thought the start of the show with Punk and Show was amazing. I love it when heels are calm, collected and shut down faces with actual points. It shows that all heels don't have to be stupid cheaters like WWE sometimes tries to make them.

Rey Rey coming back was pretty awesome. I wonder if this will be his last comeback, though? 37 years old...multiple knee operations...2 wellness policy violations. I can't imagine he's going to be in WWE or even pro wrestling for too many more years. And that's assuming he doesn't injure his knee again.

I like that they're not spiking Miz's hair anymore. That alone makes him look more like a superstar than almost anything else they could have done with him. That stupid spike should have been gone the moment his chick magnet persona took a walk.

That look between Miz and AJ after she dropkicked him off the apron was great.

They really missed a great opportunity to have AJ respond to the marriage proposal with a "YES!" instead of a normal, quiet, "yes". Would have been hilarious and would have gotten people back into the angle, as it was getting booed pretty heavily. That being said, we all know that wedding ceremonies never go well in WWE. I fully expect Kane or Hornswoggle to come out and say he's carrying AJ and/or Daniel Bryan's baby.

I was very confused by the Swagger/Ryback "match". Why couldn't Ryback have just won a match? I doubt they're trying to protect Swagger, so it really didn't make any sense.

I don't mind Tout. I'll successfully block it all out just like I do the Twitter crap.

Vickie Guerrero: *boos*

Dolph Ziggler! : *pop*

Something doesn't add up there.

I can only imagine that Jericho sees a lot of his young self in Ziggler. Great in-ring work and awesome mic work. I guess this a face turn for Jericho? Or maybe he's just in Orton/Austin anti-hero status now?

Let's drag out the corpse of DX one more time, I guess. Should be fun if they don't drag it out too much. Though, I'm assuming Brock will interrupt it and kill everyone to death. Then he'll accept HHH's challenge.

Santino didn't win the title defense poll? And even lost to Layla? That's very odd to me.

Why is JTG in tights? His attire was one of the only things that made him stand out.

About time for some kind of character development for Brodus. Crowds don't care about him that much anymore.

John Cena: "I will not turn to the dark side, Emperor Big Show!"

The end of the show with Cena holding up the briefcase and Punk holding up the title reminds me of last summer when Punk returned and both men held up their WWE titles. Nice callback.

By the way...did anyone else notice that there was absolutely no mention of a GM last night? Did I miss something or did they just not have one?

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Goose what possible reason would you have for Barrett not winning the WWE title?
    Barrett is really good on the mic but his ring work is pretty eh. Then again, Miz isn't much on the mic or in the ring and he held the title for months, so who knows. If he did win it, I think they'd have to put him up against faces that will make him look good but that's not really how the WWE works, so it'd probably be a dud.
    By the way...did anyone else notice that there was absolutely no mention of a GM last night? Did I miss something or did they just not have one?
    Yeah I noticed that. Just another storyline they decided to drop I guess. The show didn't really need it anyway, so I kinda wish they'd stop relying on the old authority figure gimmick.

For the first time in months, I actually thought Raw was pretty good. The soap opera stuff was still there but it wasn't as absurdly long winded and I love Bryan/AJ together. Rey/Del Rio is always good, so that'll be great. The Big Show/Punk/Cena stuff actually made sense. Ziggler/Jericho could be a really awesome feud and it's something Jericho clearly pitched as well. And there was no Sheamus.

I get the feeling next week will either be awesome or a complete and total clusterfuck. No in-betweens. Either way, Lesnar beating the crap out of HBK and Johnny Ace's glorious return should be fun. Oh and for the first time ever, I'd like the WWE to pull a swerve by actually going through with the wedding. It's the most surprising outcome we could possibly get out of it.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Well I did shitty. Worst debut since Cara.
    The end of the show with Cena holding up the briefcase and Punk holding up the title reminds me of last summer when Punk returned and both men held up their WWE titles. Nice callback.

Just reminded me of how excited I was last year and how bored I am now. I can appreciate the callback though.

Burden of Proof on
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    STONE COLD

i love vicky in this bit

Not gonna lie ...I sort of expected him to say eddie during that bit and for something to come of that.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    oh and anyone who doubts the validity of doomsong dethroning the monster

I present to you doomsong's heel promo

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23718538#Comment_23718538

7656367.jpg
    Nirya wrote: »

I have a grainy photo from my iPhone of Steen after he won the title at World's Finest.

And wirehead, the answer is ALL OF IT. But for recent stuff, Steen Wolf, Fear, and DDT4 are all really good, and Death to All But Metal should be coming out this week, since the next show is Saturday.

Holy shit, Kyle O'Reily along with Davey Richards are coming back to my little podunk indy fed near Atlanta on Friday, then Kyle is supposed to appear in PWG THE VERY NEXT DAY. PWG is based in California so you know.

I'll never get why indy wrestlers put themselves through that.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    yo so it looks like geebs is champ now all thanks to doonsong8

and now I sleep because 60 hours of work in five days

yes....YES YES

• SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    yo so it looks like geebs is champ now all thanks to doonsong8

and now I sleep because 60 hours of work in five days

SHENANIGANS!!!! REMTACH!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Dude if I want to watch Raw live I have to stay up 2 til 4am, which I only do these days because I've no job to get up to the next morning. You don't have it so bad mate ;)

Assuming direct control O-O
    oh and anyone who doubts the validity of doomsong dethroning the monster

I present to you doomsong's heel promo

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23718538#Comment_23718538

ahahahahahhaahahahahahah

Short yet simple. I love it. A classic.

F4Wonline.com is reporting there's alot of concern from those in WWE about the Brock Lesnar versus Triple H storyline.

The worry is because Lesnar hasn't been on television in several months, and the storyline hasn't been addressed consistently - the interaction they have at the 1,000th Raw might not go off as well as WWE wants.

Simple and obvious solution; Have Lesnar destroy Shawn Michaels. The heat would be off the charts.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    F4Wonline.com is reporting there's alot of concern from those in WWE about the Brock Lesnar versus Triple H storyline.

The worry is because Lesnar hasn't been on television in several months, and the storyline hasn't been addressed consistently - the interaction they have at the 1,000th Raw might not go off as well as WWE wants.

Simple and obvious solution; Have Lesnar destroy Shawn Michaels. The heat would be off the charts.

Gee, if only they hadn't signed him to a lucrative contract that had an incredibly limited number of dates, he would have been on TV and they could have run the storyline consistently. But how could they possibly have seen that issue coming ahead of time?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    411Randle wrote: »

Gee, if only they hadn't signed him to a lucrative contract that had an incredibly limited number of dates, he would have been on TV and they could have run the storyline consistently. But how could they possibly have seen that issue coming ahead of time?

An argument could also be made that by him NOT appearing on TV consistently Lesnar doesn't get over-exposed. It worked in UFC because you only saw him every few months.

Holy shit, Kyle O'Reily along with Davey Richards are coming back to my little podunk indy fed near Atlanta on Friday, then Kyle is supposed to appear in PWG THE VERY NEXT DAY. PWG is based in California so you know.

Yeah, and his match in PWG is a ladder match. And it's going to be awesome.

t70pctuqq2uv.png

Yeah, and his match in PWG is a ladder match. And it's going to be awesome.

OK this is just ridiculous; ORLY has another Georgia indy show scheduled for July 22, again with Davey. So July 20 in Georgia, the 21st in California, then back to Georgia on the 22nd.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular

An argument could also be made that by him NOT appearing on TV consistently Lesnar doesn't get over-exposed. It worked in UFC because you only saw him every few months.

This would be a terrible argument.

edited July 2012
    LTM wrote: »

This would be a terrible argument.

Really? You could also argue that Cena is way to over-exposed because he's on TV every week.

wirehead26 on
This discussion has been closed.