As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can I LP penny arcade EP3

tyler(uisdead99)tyler(uisdead99) Registered User new member
edited July 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
Hi,
I'm not a well known youtuber but I would like to LP the new penny arcade game. I liked the first two a lot and would love to play the next one while I record it. How do I get in contact with someone who can give me the permission to do so. If anyone can point me in the right direction That would be great.

tyler(uisdead99) on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    No, it is against the law.

Just kidding. Of course you can dude! You can LP what ever you like! Unless you mean release it as a long play vinyl record in which case no, you cannot.

• tyler(uisdead99)tyler(uisdead99) Registered User new member
    edited July 2012
    I think it is a good thing being young and knowing what a long play vinyl record is. Lewie are you a developer or are you a forum mod?

tyler(uisdead99) on
  • tyler(uisdead99)tyler(uisdead99) Registered User new member
    Thank You, I hope you don't mind If I use this as a way to say "HE SAID I COULD DO IT" if I get into issues with youtube. I will link to the steam page for people who want to buy your game.

As A side note I love your game so far. I never got to play old 8-bit style games so this is a blast for me.

Tell whoever did the music that I love them.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I don't think YouTube take down let's plays for copyright. I could be wrong though.

• B_RB_R Registered User regular
    They did it for big games like GTA 4 if you included the cutscenes.

• crash1001crash1001 Registered User regular
    B_R wrote: »
    They did it for big games like GTA 4 if you included the cutscenes.

Wow.
    I am astounded.

• Starcat5Starcat5 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    That was less YouTube's doing, and more Rockstar being overzealous in protecting it's copyrights. Most game companies leave LPs alone. Some do not. YouTube only gets involved once the copyright holder contacts them.

That said, good for you for contacting the Dev team on the subject. It's very polite of you, especially considering the smaller size of the company involved.