As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Oh yeah apparently Mysterio looked to have "lost weight" at the Smackdown tapings which I'm pretty sure translates to "finally gotten off the steroids". About time, I don't know why he stayed on them so long unless the company was forcing him to which I kinda doubt.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Radius wrote: »
    Ziggler wins the title, holds onto briefcase as insurance should he ever lose, the era of Ziggler begins.

I would love this so much. It would play perfectly into him.

Edit: Wait wait.

Ziggler wins the WHT without cashing in.

Then cashes in on Punk or Cena.

UNDISPUTED CHAMPION DOLPH ZIGGLER

Michelanvalo on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    That'd also be one way of doing the "cashes in without winning" thing without hurting the guy losing. Wins the WHT, cashes in on Punk or Cena after a hard match and ends up losing.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    You kind of doubt that a company with a steroid culture doesn't pressure its performers to use steroids?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    He can't cash in on the wwe championship with the WHC briefcase

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    But Johnny Ace said it was OK!

euj90n71sojo.png
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    You kind of doubt that a company with a steroid culture doesn't pressure its performers to use steroids?

Isn't it kinda safe to assume that nowadays they don't encourage steroid use? As least for cosmetic use?

He can't cash in on the wwe championship with the WHC briefcase

So they make up a loophole that since he's already WHT he can cash in on the WWE Championship. It's the fucking WWE, they can, and do, make up rules on the fly.

Seriously.

Undisputed Champion Dolph Ziggler.

Make it happen, WWE. You took a risk a decade ago with Chris Jericho and it worked. Do it again.

• kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    They encourage them to not get caught using steroids.

There's a difference.

Hmm, there seems to be a prevailing theory online that the new GM will be revealed as "us" via social media outlets. Guess that makes sense.

wirehead26 wrote: »
    Hmm, there seems to be a prevailing theory online that the new GM will be revealed as "us" via social media outlets. Guess that makes sense.

/headdesk

The Tout Era has begun.

So the first hour could be devoted to setting up the remaining two hours, at least the big matches. It's an interesting idea I'll give them that. As with everything, I'll wait and see how it goes before I make a full judgement.

Of course, I won't even be able to participate due to school except for a 3 week period between July 30 and August 13. And Labor Day.

Isn't it kinda safe to assume that nowadays they don't encourage steroid use? As least for cosmetic use?

The WWE is so pro steroid use that Topgun Talwar could have a job for life there if only he could dump the hookers and the blow.

The WWE is so pro steroid use that Topgun Talwar could have a job for life there if only he could dump the hookers and the blow.

Not to get into an argument over this but I'm pretty sure WWE doesn't "require" steroid use now to move up the card. I mean if only to cover their ass if it gets out but not many of the current crop of guys look like steroid abusers. Now if they used them to recover from injuries I'd have no issue with that.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    The pressure to be huge has calmed down a bit in the last year or so. But only just. The fact that Punk and Bryan got over looking how they are may have actually finally allowed for this to happen. Still Vince is documented to be facinated by Roided up body builders and that will never change, so even if they are against it on paper the Rybacks of the world will still always subconciously encourage new guys to consider doping to get ahead.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    Being big is a pressure in all sports. Isn't the heavyweight division of UFC the most popular? Would Lesnar have been nearly as successful in the promotion had he not been massive in size, even with his past WWE run to help him? Hell, didn't Overeem get busted to steroid use recently?

I actually don't care in the slightest about steroid use, I just wanted to make that Topgun Talwar joke.

And let's be honest here; if a guy who doesn't follow wrestling would be shown a picture of Ryback and CM Punk and would be asked "Who here would you consider a pro wrestler?" they'd pick Ryback. It's not fair but in general people would take a bigger guy more seriously because he looks like he can handle himself in a fight. Now Punk overcame that due to his talent but it's rare.

The correct answer would be "Where's the Japanese guy?".

Tammy "Sunny" Sytch checked into a rehabilitation program sponsored by WWE on Monday morning. She was taken to an emergency room on late Friday night for drinking nearly two gallons of vodka, according to RF Video. Her boyfriend, independent wrestler Damien Darling, insisted that she get professional help.

Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com said that she thinks her strange behavior in the past few months (including no-showing several wrestling events she was scheduled for) was due to depression because of loneliness. Darling and Sytch have a long-distance relationship as they only get to spend time together on weekends and Mondays. Because of this, she says she gets depressed and behaves erratically during the week. It was said she had "several bad Fridays" but last week was serious enough that Darling told her to either go into rehab or they would split up.

RF Video was scheduled to film her wrestling road travels last week but that was canceled after her problems. She then offered to do a "shoot" interview, more or less intervention, as she talked about her various problems. She was asked on three different occasions if she was comfortable going public with her personal issues, and she said she considered it the first step in changing herself.

In the 2005 Wrestling Observer Newsletter obituary for Chris Candido (Sytch's late boyfriend), Dave Meltzer said the fact she didn't enter a rehabilitation center led to her getting fired from WWE (then the WWF) in the summer of 1998. After several no-shows and excuses (including telling Linda McMahon she miscarried a child and was unable to produce medical documentation), she was asked to enter rehab. She didn't and was fired. She finally went at least once years later, but was unable to stop her drug abuse.

That bolded part, Jesus.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

• Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    pe-people power!

It's sad cause I thought she finally got her shit together in 2007. She lost a ton of weight and looked fantastic. Hope she's ends up well again.

I think they might that she did that in 98, Wirehead.

Smart Mark Video finally put up the latest two Chikara shows on their site for DVD and VOD purchase. Both events have the start of the Young Lions Cup tournament which end up having...
    Mr. Touchdown and Jakob Hammermeier advancing to the August finals.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    So the chances that Slater will face Heidenreich at RAW1000 are pretty low, right?

Comes out, hit him, drags him backstage.

LTM wrote: »
    So the chances that Slater will face Heidenreich at RAW1000 are pretty low, right?

It's gotta be Steve Austin. It would be an epic battle of rednecks.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Why don't you just ask him to appear at your next event?

Hahahahaha, holy shit. I know someone that would appreciate having this happen.

Looking at his calendar, Heidenreich should be free for the next, oh, year or so.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

So do I!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BYl710seik

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    411Randle wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Someone should explain to them that if you put social media stuff on tv it's not really social media anymore, it's just television. And also I hate it.

I imagine if they found out that people on the Internet hated it, they'd be more likely to do it.

Maybe they'll just make their show all about social media and then put the wrestling on the internet, and then I could be happy.

The worst part is, knowing that at some point, somebody in WWE has put this idea forward, and the whole world held its breath while Vince thought about it.

Even I don't know if I'm kidding.

Well some arguments could be made that all television will be phased out in our lifetimes and replaced with internet streaming only.

Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFWqIS6KsY
    WWE is currently considering creating a social media show once the WWE Network launches. The idea for the show would be similar to the old WWF Livewire show, which aired on Saturday's.

...whoops, guess so.

That's what all this social media stuff reminds me of. It's nothing quite that new for WWE.

And how about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyZcPOLVeRc

America Online! Sunny was the most-downloaded woman of the year!

Not to mention this...
    That article is shit. LiveWire aired on Sunday mornings on USA.

Superstars was Saturday mornings.

No, it was the other way... well, Livewire was Saturdays, it took the place of WWF Mania. Action Zone was on Sundays, and so was Challenge, at least in syndication where I was.
    They should bring back the XFL, only do it right this time, since they won't have to worry about finding a network to air it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ClxvHymhA

/headdesk

The Tout Era has begun.

I'm... okay with this, actually. Granted, it makes those one or two times a year where "the fans make the rules" a bit null in significance, but I am so tired of authority drama, I'd love for them to put it away for a few years so it might seem fresh again one day.

I really miss the days when if you saw an authority figure show up to settle something, it was a big deal.
    And let's be honest here; if a guy who doesn't follow wrestling would be shown a picture of Ryback and CM Punk and would be asked "Who here would you consider a pro wrestler?" they'd pick Ryback. It's not fair but in general people would take a bigger guy more seriously because he looks like he can handle himself in a fight. Now Punk overcame that due to his talent but it's rare.

In fairness, that also has the stereotype formed over the years behind it. The image of a guy whose shoulders rise above their head is probably more typically representative for someone who doesn't know wrestling than someone who looks like they can move.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!

In fairness, that also has the stereotype formed over the years behind it. The image of a guy whose shoulders rise above their head is probably more typically representative for someone who doesn't know wrestling than someone who looks like they can move.

Well Ryback can move really well for his size.

Someone did an infographic for the first 999 episodes of RAW.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/aftermath/files/2012/07/Aftermath-RAW999Ep-infographic2.png

Way too big to inline.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I miss crazy teams cutting backstage promos together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibkCchEqB8&feature=related

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular

I appreciate this post.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    wow didn't expect that video to end with a OJ guilty/not guilty poll

Someone did an infographic for the first 999 episodes of RAW.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/aftermath/files/2012/07/Aftermath-RAW999Ep-infographic2.png

Way too big to inline.

The part with the number of matches for each person is interesting. There's no way I would have thought The Rock would be so low in match numbers.

Xehalus wrote: »
    wow didn't expect that video to end with a OJ guilty/not guilty poll

I not only remember that poll but also the results. It was 49% Guilty/51% Not Guilty.

I miss crazy teams cutting backstage promos together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibkCchEqB8&feature=related

Oh my god.

Everyone but Cornette and Fuji on the heel team are fucking dead. And Fuji is wheelchair confined.

That is so god damn depressing.

This discussion has been closed.