As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] Girls' Meetup: Tickets on sale now

• Options
    slyborgslyborg Portland, ORRegistered User new member
    edited May 2012
    Shoot! I would love to go to this! I just moved to Portland and being reasonable distance from Seattle and was looking up cons and found out Prime was sold out :( I've never been to one before while living in the middle of nowhere. Maybe next year.

slyborg on
    Current Costume Project: Commander FemShep's formal Systems Alliance uniform (skirt edition)
    Current Game: Saints Row 3
    Current Obsession: crossword puzzles
  • Options
    mintyduckmintyduck Registered User regular
    slyborg, welcome to Portland! Yay! We went the first year we moved here a few years ago and it's been a tradition ever since. Hope you can make it next time around.

Meet-uppers: I've always wanted to go to this, but have admittedly been too shy. Is there a way to get to know people a bit beforehand, like a Twitter list (other than the giant general one) or something? (People are welcome to add me - same as my forum handle.) If not, I'll try to be brave! It sounds like you all have tons of fun.

• Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    I just signed up and posted on the facebook group for PAX women =) if anyone wants to chat feel free

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    I completely missed that we have a FB group ._. Request to join sent=^.^=

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I've also been too shy in the past, and always do PAX with the hubby. He's kind of encouraging me to go to the ladies' brunch this year though, so I may do so. LOL I'm already in the FB group, didn't even realize. Ugh life is too crazy.

Melcene on
    melcene-wide.png
    mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
  • Options
    irikahirikah Registered User regular
    i heard mention of facebook, but my facebook/googlefu seem to be failing me :[

.life.laugh.love.
  • Options
    Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
  • Options
    irikahirikah Registered User regular
    Tar3820 wrote: »

my hat is off you to fine lady

.life.laugh.love.
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Color me interested (in the meetup, as well as the fb group)

Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    agony42agony42 Registered User regular
    I'm definitely interested! I went to the ladies' brunch meetup thing at my first PAX East in 2011 but didn't get to go this year, so how better to celebrate my first attendance of Prime? :mrgreen:

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    I missed it last year 'cause of being an Omeganaut...this year I want to come!

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    So, appletart's post about a TARDIS dress got me thinking ... I'm going to make a Dalek dress to wear at the brunch. Not the hat though, it would get in the way of my tiara. I may attach weapons to the handles of my stick and crutch though!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    I am not sure what I am going to wear >.>; I have tetris leggings or a swim that can be paired with a skirt but I am truly hoping to get my r2d2, c3po and Cthulhu dress before than. It's going to be close, if not I am wearing my Cosplay outfit^

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Oh crap. Now we're being all girls and "omg what are you wearing!?" And me without any "fancy" nerd wear :(

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Don't worry, I'll be there in my fancy Old Navy tshirt, jeans and shoes combo, just like every other day of my life.

• Options
    sleepygeckossleepygeckos Registered User regular
    The best I can pull off is a nerdy shirt - probably something with a science pun. Nothing too exciting for me.

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I to will be sporting my jeans/t-shirt combo. I'll leave the mystery of the outfit be runners or sandals! lol! So looking forward to this!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    Oh man, I love that people are talking about wearing special outfits to the meetup. <3 I probably won't be going in my costume this year as it's going to be a much bigger production than Applejack so I'll probably be in the jeans and t-shirt crowd. I did want to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about the meetup. I'm working with Rob at the Diller Room to get the ticket price and everything set so I can put tickets on sale ASAP. I do apologize for the radio silence. I have finally been hired on full time with the library (yay putting my master's degree to work) and have been a bit busy with that. Updates will be forthcoming as will an update of the OP.

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Don't know if I will dress up. If I ever find interest in finishing the vest and order the wig in time, I think it might be fun to show up in my Terry Bogard crossplay. ;D

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    I doubt I'll be dressed up, so look for me in jeans and some variety of geeky t-shirt. Possibly my Omeganaut shirt from last year, to relive my past days of missed glory. =P

• Options
    GoddessGoddess Registered User new member
    This is my first year attending PAX and I would live to meet some other ladies. Count me in!

• Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    Hmmm now I wonder if I should dress up! I already have a cute dress from when I was twilight sparkle from last year. Maybe I will do that, or if I can finish my Nyan cat dress then possibly that =)

Can't wait for PAX and for the meetup! I am in a group of all guys and will look forward to less testosterone during the weekend lol.

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    I would love to meet some gaming ladies, so I will be there this year! Also requested membership on the fb group. Yay!

• Options
    Okay, finally got off my butt and updated the OP with more information. Still waiting to hear back from Rob at the Diller Room about a ticket price. I'm going to start harassing him soon so I can get these tickets on sale!

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    As a first time PAXer, I'm starting to feel like every PAX event that isn't officially part of PAX requires paying extra monies for a ticket, on top of what I'm already paying just to get there.

But then I saw the part about the buffet. :D

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    A lot of events that people flock to, the PPD, PPP, Girl's Meet to name a very few do require prepurchase because of the logistics aspect. These spaces simply can't fit everybody. Then there's the added benefit of them being meal based events. Other events, like the TWDT need to be preregistered for (free) but request a donation at arrival (for Child's Play) because that's what it was started for. There are still lots of freebie events, but those tend to be a lot less structured and far less organized.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    I know, I know, I was just joking.

Sort of. :P

• Options
    kemikal wrote: »

Yeah, it's a little painful when you start adding up how much you start spending on the unofficial PAX-adjacent events...but IMO many many of them are worth it! Whether for the food, or having a place reserved just for the group you're with, or the entertainment, or a mix of those...not to mention the great company!

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular

Yeah, it's a little painful when you start adding up how much you start spending on the unofficial PAX-adjacent events...but IMO many many of them are worth it! Whether for the food, or having a place reserved just for the group you're with, or the entertainment, or a mix of those...not to mention the great company!

I agree, that said, it's almost nice to have some stuff that is pre-paid. I don't have to worry that most of the money being saved up is going to be spent on unofficial PAX events as it's done all ready. I can blow it all on the amazing stuff I'm sure the official PAX peeps are going to be selling. lol!

Also, as a first time PAXer, I am looking forward to meeting this great company you speak of. At home I am totally non-social as most of the chicks in my life just don't get the gamers lifestyle! (Also the great food!)

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    Fenrisfang wrote: »

I agree, that said, it's almost nice to have some stuff that is pre-paid. I don't have to worry that most of the money being saved up is going to be spent on unofficial PAX events as it's done all ready. I can blow it all on the amazing stuff I'm sure the official PAX peeps are going to be selling. lol!

Also, as a first time PAXer, I am looking forward to meeting this great company you speak of. At home I am totally non-social as most of the chicks in my life just don't get the gamers lifestyle! (Also the great food!)

That's true! It's nice to be able to walk into an event and know that the cost is already taken care of, and you don't have to worry about carrying that money around (and possibly accidentally spending it).

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I am one of those folks who like to prepay stuff and not worry about it when I am there. More money to spend on stuff I want/more money to give to CP/Cookie Brigade.

Anywho! So...we can has it nao?

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I've never really worried about "auxiliary PAX events." PAX isn't a super merch-heavy show (unlike SDCC, etc) so pre-spending some of my budget on community events has never hurt me in the past.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    zephsrightzephsright Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Would a gay boy who thinks it's awesome to have more women at PAX be welcome to attend?

- Benjamin
    Geek for Hire
  • Options
    zephsright wrote: »
    Would a gay boy who thinks it's awesome to have more women at PAX be welcome to attend?

Refer to the OP.

• Options

Refer to the OP.

Respectfully, the OP addresses boys that want to "crash the party". I'm asking if boy allies and supporters of women gamers are welcome. If not, that's totally cool. Just checking.

- Benjamin
    Geek for Hire
  • Options

Refer to the OP.

Respectfully, the OP addresses boys that want to "crash the party". I'm asking if boy allies and supporters of women gamers are welcome. If not, that's totally cool. Just checking.
    Who: The girls of PAX.

So sorry, but no.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

Refer to the OP.

Traditionally there has been a strict girl-only policy. I suggest PMing the OP if you want to discuss changing that policy. I'm pretty sure the poem in the OP is pretty all encompassing.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

Refer to the OP.

Traditionally there has been a strict girl-only policy. I suggest PMing the OP if you want to discuss changing that policy. I'm pretty sure the poem in the OP is pretty all encompassing.

Not a problem at all. I don't think there's anything at all wrong with women only spaces and I don't feel the need to advocate to change that. Just wanted to come support you if that was something you welcomed. Have a great meetup!

- Benjamin
    Geek for Hire
  • Options
    I think somewhere in the first couple of pages, there was post about only those who identify themselves as being female are welcome. Sexual orientation and physiological makeup don't seem to matter much. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though, because I am too lazy to dig up that particular post.

• Options
    Thank you for your support zephsright, but this is an event for people who identify as female. You sound cool though and I'm sure the other ladies will agree when I say that I hope to have the chance to meet up with you in some other venue.

This discussion has been closed.